• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimal wage is Minimal wage. The $ number does not mater, for, over time all other wages will adjust . I do agree that it should be adjusted for inflation every 3 years

But doesnt it beg the question....these guys are talking about how bad poverty kills and by shutting down to protect lives it's bad because we are creating poverty. Yet their political leanings fight tooth and nail to avoid any attempt to lift people out of poverty.

Stopping poverty by raising minimum wage bad

Stopping poverty by opening up exposing people to deadly virus good

Am I missing something here man?

But doesnt it beg the question....these guys are talking about how bad poverty kills and by shutting down to protect lives it's bad because we are creating poverty. Yet their political leanings fight tooth and nail to avoid any attempt to lift people out of poverty.

If you think so badly of our leanings then how the hell did you vote Republican for so many years?

I... personally do not care. It's just a job that provides a temporary means to an end and I have plenty saved up to survive without it for a long time.
I was about to say, a person with the brain of yours you don’t need to work at a GS. 6 figures baby! Then you will come to the other side once that money is rolling in..... money is good but more money is better!

I... personally do not care. It's just a job that provides a temporary means to an end and I have plenty saved up to survive without it for a long time.
Then why don't you give some of your money to the poor and less fortunate out there? There are plenty of people struggling because they have lost their job due to the economy shutting down.

If you think so badly of our leanings then how the hell did you vote Republican for so many years?

I've always been open to an increase in minimum wage. Not $15 an hour but an increase to 10 as a start see how the job market reacts and adjust higher.

Several cities have done this and I havent heard of mass flight of jobs from those areas.

There will ALWAYS be property, due to illness, substance abuse, birth defects, pure bad luck and, laziness . May i suggest reading the book Animal Farm. It is a good read that leads to the understanding of human nature and how we get income class and natural policies of those in power.

Umm hello? I've been doing that my entire life up to this point? Unlike you I have an open mind and am willing to listen to what the other side of the aisle has to say
Oh, I listen.... very intently, mind you. It's just sometimes a little difficult to discern the truth among so many lies and false news stories. This is from both sides. That's why I listen to news feeds from other countries. They have a much more unbiased media.

There will ALWAYS be property, due to illness, substance abuse, birth defects, pure bad luck and, laziness . May i suggest reading the book Animal Farm. It is a good read that leads to the understanding of human nature and how we get income class and natural policies of those in power.

This is exactly my previous point, there will always be poverty basically no matter what, it's a constant fixture in society COVID-19 definitely will not and should not be and we shouldn't focus our attention at the current moment w/ a global pandemic, on fixing a problem (poverty) that will never go away no matter what.

Oh, I listen.... very intently, mind you. It's just sometimes a little difficult to discern the truth among so many lies and false news stories. This is from both sides. That's why I listen to news feeds from other countries. They have a much more unbiased media.

Pretty doubtful you do, but I'll try to take your word for it.

Senior hospital ER exec in Texas explains ‘surge’ of coronavirus cases, says most ‘mild’ or ‘asymptomatic’

My son is an MD and works critical covid care in Austin... he intubates those who can't breathe on their own. I talked to him this evening and he said it was the worse he's seen in the 3 months he's been on the team.

From the article I just posted:

"As for the number of patients winding up in hospital intensive care units, “most” are not there for coronavirus."

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/0...s-cases-says-most-mild-or-asymptomatic-941288

From me:
Trump knows that testing finds asymptomatic and mild cases which is medically fine, but its being used to dramatize the virus numbers for political and financial reasons.
Bizpacreview.. LOL. The World Weekly News of the Right. Must wear tin foil hat to read

This is exactly my previous point, there will always be poverty basically no matter what, it's a constant fixture in society COVID-19 definitely will not and should not be and we shouldn't focus our attention at the current moment w/ a global pandemic, on fixing a problem (poverty) that will never go away no matter what.
You still don't get it...... this is not about the poor. The percentage of poor folks has been fairly static in the past. No, this is about forcing a lot more people into that poverty class due to a closed economy. You have no idea what that would do to our society or our nation. I wouldn't want to imagine it. That's what I am trying to get you folks to understand. This virus has really hurt our country and now we are once again being asked to choose the lesser of two evils. A compromise is inevitable.

You still don't get it...... this is not about the poor. The percentage of poor folks has been fairly static in the past. No, this is about forcing a lot more people into that poverty class due to a closed economy. You have no idea what that would do to our society or our nation. I wouldn't want to imagine it. That's what I am trying to get you folks to understand. This virus has really hurt our country and now we are once again being asked to choose the lesser of two evils. A compromise is inevitable.

Sorry but you're wrong, significantly more people aren't going to die if the economy closes vs letting covid run rampant, neither you nor I can support such a claim. The government will be forced to provide more safety nets to get us through the worst of the tough times and we will be better for it in the long run rather than allowing cases to reach insurmountable levels and having to dig mass graves with tens to hundreds of thousands of deaths in rapid succession. If the government doesn't provide this additional safety, society will in fact break down and chaos will ensue and that's simply not going to happen in any realistic, reasonable set of circumstances.

We just going to have to learn to tango better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back