• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate is an emotion that eats away your soul and does nothing to the one you hate. I disliked Obama, not as a man or Father, but as someone who felt this country needed to be reformed in his image. Never did hate him and actually voted for him the first time but some of you here need to get a handle on your absolute hatred of Trump (who I also dislike but as a person), perhaps some prayer or therapy, if you prefer, is in order. When you hate that strongly, you become irrational and tunnel visioned to an unhealthy extent

9b44a115d4e91c0e4e5ad77ca954eb87.jpg

We’ll abolishing police is a pretty stupid idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9b44a115d4e91c0e4e5ad77ca954eb87.jpg

We’ll abolishing police is a pretty stupid idea!

This is the stupid ---- I was talking about earlier. Democrats are no more stupid than all the redneck, trailer park Republican voting for tax cuts for rich people in the hope that someday they will be rich and benefit from it. The same voters that get food stamps and talk about welfare reform

This is the stupid poop I was talking about earlier. Democrats are no more stupid than all the redneck, trailer park Republican voting for tax cuts for rich people in the hope that someday they will be rich and benefit from it. The same voters that get food stamps and talk about welfare reform
Not how trickle down economics work

This is the stupid poop I was talking about earlier. Democrats are no more stupid than all the redneck, trailer park Republican voting for tax cuts for rich people in the hope that someday they will be rich and benefit from it. The same voters that get food stamps and talk about welfare reform

All those things you mentioned are not as dangerous as abolishing police.

The YouTube channel that has the videos of "trump fans say the darndest things" is all you need to see to know stupid isnt exclusive to democrats.

Raising taxes doesn’t work either. Think about it. Business tax should really be under 10% that would really help with jobs. Help with wages bonuses etc. less tax burden means more jobs and money in the lower and middle classes pockets. Wouldn’t bother me if business tax was 0%

All those things you mentioned are not as dangerous as abolishing police.

I don't think anyone will be abolishing police anywhere. I think you are confusing cutting excessive spending on law enforcement with getting rid of them. In my county we spend tens of thousands of dollars a year to fly helicopters to look for pot plants and make the teachers buy supplies for their class. We get new cop cars and military equipment for the local law but still use 40 year old buses to take kids to older schools. We got a new jail and courthouse but no new schools, see the problem?

I don't think anyone will be abolishing police anywhere. I think you are confusing cutting excessive spending on law enforcement with getting rid of them. In my county we spend tens of thousands of dollars a year to fly helicopters to look for pot plants and make the teachers buy supplies for their class. We get new cop cars and military equipment for the local law but still use 40 year old buses to take kids to older schools. We got a new jail and courthouse but no new schools, see the problem?

Then why do you have some cities voting to abolish police?

Dude, it's already happening. Where have you been hiding? Wake up and see what our America is becoming.... They are cutting police officer's jobs everywhere.

This is the out of touch stuff that Trump won on. I received a tax cut beginning last year and I am not rich by any means.

Raising taxes doesn’t work either. Think about it. Business tax should really be under 10% that would really help with jobs. Help with wages bonuses etc. less tax burden means more jobs and money in the lower and middle classes pockets. Wouldn’t bother me if business tax was 0%

Accept these businesses would still pay minimum wage and only send the extra cash into the upper echelons of the company. Its not a solution that works for lower or middle class workers.

a better option would be a tax reduction that stipulates X amount of tax break money has to go to employees wages and benefits.

For example Walmart instead of paying 6 billion in taxes only has to pay 3 billion. Of the 3 billion they are allowed to keep 60% must be returned to employees through better healthcare coverage, bonuses, or higher wages.

Accept these businesses would still pay minimum wage and only send the extra cash into the upper echelons of the company. Its not a solution that works for lower or middle class workers.

a better option would be a tax reduction that stipulates X amount of tax break money has to go to employees wages and benefits.

For example Walmart instead of paying 6 billion in taxes only has to pay 3 billion. Of the 3 billion they are allowed to keep 60% must be returned to employees through better healthcare coverage, bonuses, or higher wages.

I can’t argue with that. Basically your saying the more businesses are willing to give to there employees the less tax burden they have. Seems fair to me

Would not work. Businesses would just keep it all as profit. Just look at what CEO's get right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back