• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you just have to do the right thing, even if it is a little bit of an inconvenience.

Putting down a stray that nobody wants is the right and humane thing to do. Spending money on an animal that nobody wants is stupid when you have needy people around.

BTW, I’ve adopted a stray before and then it ate half my chickens and taught my puppies how to eat chickens.

Sometimes I wonder if a human's life is more valuable than a dog's. The way a lot of humanity acts these days makes me wonder.... People killing each other, molesting kids, etc. Humans are possibly the most cruel creature to ever walk this earth. I know there are good people out there, but still it makes me wonder when I see how cruel humans can be.

Sometimes I wonder if a human's life is more valuable than a dog's. The way a lot of humanity acts these days makes me wonder.... People killing each other, molesting kids, etc. Humans are possibly the most cruel creature to ever walk this earth. I know there are good people out there, but still it makes me wonder when I see how cruel humans can be.
Huh? Ok....

I'll give you this... humans can and do act despicable and there are laws in place to address those issues. But it's humans who train those animals, dogs, to behave properly. Have you seen animals that are wild? They kill, their reproduction cycle isn't for the faint hearted (and not to be to explicit here but what they do in the wild would be called rape and incest in the human world), they dominate the weak, they eat their own, they eat other animals babies because well they're animals.

I'm actually against lobbying and special interests groups. But I think it should be okay for corporations to give money to a candidate that they choose that best represents their ability to be able to do business.

Contradictory statement. Giving money to a candidate that best represents their ability to do business IS lobbying.

I mean lets be honest, there are some humans who's life is not as valuable as a dog. You think Hitler's life was more valuable ?
Huh? Ok....

I'll give you this... humans can and do act despicable and there are laws in place to address those issues. But it's humans who train those animals, dogs, to behave properly. Have you seen animals that are wild? They kill, their reproduction cycle isn't for the faint hearted (and not to be to explicit here but what they do in the wild would be called rape and incest in the human world), they dominate the weak, they eat their own, they eat other animals babies because well they're animals.

Considering most dogs and cats in the US live much better than 2/3rd of the world, I can mostly agree with your statement although from a different perspective.

Humans also train animals to behave improperly. When you see animals misbehaving its often the result of a human.
True and training an animal improperly then dumping it on my property isn't going to end with that animal at an overcrowded shelter. Sorry, I've got livestock and animals of my own to protect as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Am I misreading the law? It seems like it is targeted to certain types of cruelty like taking video of cruel behavior not just handling an aggressive drop off.

Am I misreading the law? It seems like it is targeted to certain types of cruelty like taking video of cruel behavior not just handling an aggressive drop off.

No I think you are right, the conversation just rabbit trailed. That said, when I first mentioned it, I knew what the law was, and it still irritates me.

Contradictory statement. Giving money to a candidate that best represents their ability to do business IS lobbying.
Well I didn't mean for the way it came out.. I am against actual lobbyists that Lobby on behalf of companies. But I'm okay with companies giving campaign donations to pro-business candidates. I'm talking about lobbyists that are employed by lobbying firms.

Last edited:
I think the problem lies in who decides it's "cruel" behavior? What if I post a video of my cat living outdoors (because she chooses to run outside every chance she gets) and some observer thinks it is cruel to leave cats outdoors? Do I get arrested first and then have to convince a jury that it's not cruel? The law is bad all the way around. Animals don't have rights.

Also, I don't want anyone to be cruel to animals! We should be good stewards of them. I think anyone posting videos of themselves being cruel to animals should be watched closely by society. They are displaying psychopathic behavior that will likely transfer to humans at some point. Definitely use these videos to establish character when they commit crimes against people.

Killing it is not the answer either.

What is the answer then? Can you suggest another, inexpensive option? What if it isn't a dog? What about other animal life-forms that cause damage to my property? Can't kill those pests either? No rat poison in the attic? No killing copperheads that live under the wood shed? Though one of those may take care of the other if present at the same time.

Can we agree that we can kill armadillos on sight?

In my new neighborhood, this one neighbor's medium sized male dog is almost ALWAYS loose outside during the day and sometimes walks into the street (probably because it is on a cul-de-sac). He often even visits my property while usually marking territory, etc. I haven't seen him poop on my lawn yet. The dog is very chill, not intimidating. pettable, doesn't jump on me, etc., even though he'll sometimes bark at me a little when he sees me from his property. Other longtime neighbors appear 100% fine with this and even give him attention.

I'm wondering how to handle this. I'll probably lay low (I don't like to interact too much with neighbors if I can avoid it) as long as he doesn't start pooping on my lawn and become more of a nuisance. After all, I don't want to be deemed a jerk. But is it strange that this dog is almost always outside (at least during the day)? If I had one, I wouldn't keep it loose. I do worry a little that a vehicle could accidentally hit him, but the owner is obviously not concerned.

What would you folks do in this situation? Lay low?

In my new neighborhood, this one neighbor's medium sized male dog is almost ALWAYS loose outside during the day and sometimes walks into the street (probably because it is on a cul-de-sac). He often even visits my property while usually marking territory, etc. I haven't seen him poop on my lawn yet. The dog is very chill, not intimidating. pettable, doesn't jump on me, etc., even though he'll sometimes bark at me a little when he sees me from his property. Other longtime neighbors appear 100% fine with this and even give him attention.

I'm wondering how to handle this. I'll probably lay low (my nature) as long as he doesn't start pooping on my lawn and become more of a nuisance. After all, I don't want to be deemed a jerk. But is it strange that this dog is almost always outside (at least during the day)? If I had one, I wouldn't keep it loose. I do worry a little that a vehicle could accidentally hit him, but the owner is obviously not concerned.

What would you folks do in this situation? Lay low?

Unless it's a Labrador Retriever, Pitbull, Dobermann, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Chow or showing signs of aggressive behavior, I'd lay low, show it no signs of affection, if you don't want it on your property.

What is the answer then? Can you suggest another, inexpensive option? What if it isn't a dog? What about other animal life-forms that cause damage to my property? Can't kill those pests either? No rat poison in the attic? No killing copperheads that live under the wood shed? Though one of those may take care of the other if present at the same time.

Can we agree that we can kill armadillos on sight?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back