• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sum it up, it is politics on both sides dominating most actions. We really need to start over in some way. I’m so sick of it. For all practical purposes, we’re two nations in one country rather than “united” states. If folks pay attention, they’ll see my posts are all over the board as opposed to constantly taking one side of the other, which is how 90+% of posts are here and probably at most political forums. Each side treats the other side as their biggest enemy in the world rather than true enemy leaders of certain other countries. I’d much rather have the two sides working together again like they used to to a larger extent than today. That’s about the only way we can become “united” states again.
I'll agree with the sentiment but when the two sides used to work together, the views just weren't as extreme. And yes I'm conservative and biased but I'm sorry the dems of, say the Reagan years, would be considered conservatives by today's leftist dems and were much easier to work with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm well aware of how impeachment works. Its a given he will be impeached by the house at this point. I was only stating that it's up to the Senate to decide. Thanks for posting this for anyone who didn't take 8th grade civics
If you for some reason thought or think I posted and directed it to you personally ... not the case.

All - we can disagree without being disagreeable. Agree?

Here and weather?

Good! :cool:

Best!

Phil

Sorry if this goes to "trial", in the Senate after the House votes to impeach he can subpoena witnesses, including the whistleblower. This whistleblower has deep democratic ties and once that is in full public view, boom. Honestly it's another reason Pelosi is really between a rock and a hard place about calling for a vote. Plus she's going to drag this out till next year, its political no two ways about it.

Sure they can question the whistleblower but not in open court, and his identity would never be reveled...... also I question the deep democratic ties part since no one knows who this person is.....and in the end it really does not matter, everything he said has borne out to be factual and that is the only thing that really matters....

To sum it up, it is politics on both sides dominating most actions. We really need to start over in some way. I’m so sick of it. For all practical purposes, we’re two nations in one country rather than “united” states. If folks pay attention, they’ll see my posts are all over the board as opposed to constantly taking one side of the other, which is how 90+% of posts are here and probably at most political forums. Each side treats the other side as their biggest enemy in the world rather than true enemy leaders of certain other countries. I’d much rather have the two sides working together again like they used to to a larger extent than today. That’s about the only way we can become “united” states again.
You and I for sure ...

Yeah but this is what happens when the middle 50% lets to two extreme ends of the political spectrum have all the power....I still can not grasp how Hillary and Trump ended up being the best options these parties could come up with to be president of this nation.....

For the sake of all concerned, I'm retiring from this thread. I really apologize if my thoughts have offended ... I just wanted to point out facts without being partisan ... in fact, I've left my politics out of the discussion altogether, but there seems to be a perception, right or wrong, of where they are. Which circles back to the only point I've been going towards ... Please know what you're saying before you say it ...
Back to weather where it's ... well ... safer ... ?

Sure they can question the whistleblower but not in open court, and his identity would never be reveled...... also I question the deep democratic ties part since no one knows who this person is.....and in the end it really does not matter, everything he said has borne out to be factual and that is the only thing that really matters....
Adam Schiff certainly knows their identity.... trust me deep democratic ties.

I just dont understand, if it's such an open/shut case, if the impeachable offenses are as plan as the nose on my face, why wait? We all know the answer

You do understand if it goes to the senate it is indeed an actual trial with a real judge, the president, his defense team and witnesses. If you are subpoenaed you testify under oath. You do know what that means right? You are not a whistleblower any longer

Yeah but this is what happens when the middle 50% lets to two extreme ends of the political spectrum have all the power....I still can not grasp how Hillary and Trump ended up being the best options these parties could come up with to be president of this nation.....
This is what happens when a political system nears its end. We the People have been asleep at the wheel for far too long. We have been lulled into a sense of complacency and invincibility through the comforts and distractions that being the world power has afforded. We've let corruption exceed the threshold for being able to be reversed. And finally, people are waking up to it. Unfortunately, instead of coming together to fight it, we're turning on each other. It's going to get ugly.

You do understand if it goes to the senate it is indeed an actual trial with a real judge, the president, his defense team and witnesses. If you are subpoenaed you testify under oath. You do know what that means right? You are not a whistleblower any longer
I hope all the money that the Whistleblower got paid was worth all the trouble he is going to face.

Sure but they do not have to publically testify, they can give a deposition etc while keeping their identity concealed...besides the WB has already testified and given a statement, most of which has now been corroborated by other sources so there is really nothing new to learn by questioning the WB...WB protection is specifically designed to prevent your identity from being known this includes testimony in court etc.....surely you can understand how forcing someone into the public who came forward expecting protection would damage the entire WB system and make future WB's hesitant.....

Adam Schiff certainly knows their identity.... trust me deep democratic ties.

I just dont understand, if it's such an open/shut case, if the impeachable offenses are as plan as the nose on my face, why wait? We all know the answer

Because they are still interviewing people.....its still in the inquiry stage and the House is putting together their case, there are a number of important people coming up next week that should be able to give them the solid proof of QPQ....... then they will go public with it.....then they will vote on articles of impeachment....I would be surprised if it was all said and done any sooner than mid Dec....they probably would want to wait till after the holidays to actually hold the trial etc....

I hope all the money that the Whistleblower got paid was worth all the trouble he is going to face.

Why are we still talking about the whistleblower (and suggesting, as if it was a scandal, that the whistleblower was paid) when the administration itself has said exactly what the whistleblower said?

first thing said, "didn't happen", second thing said, "did happen, not a big deal.". That pretty much says a history book. Enjoy.

This is what happens when a political system nears its end. We the People have been asleep at the wheel for far too long. We have been lulled into a sense of complacency and invincibility through the comforts and distractions that being the world power has afforded. We've let corruption exceed the threshold for being able to be reversed. And finally, people are waking up to it. Unfortunately, instead of coming together to fight it, we're turning on each other. It's going to get ugly.

Yep, if you think what the democrats have done to Trump for the last 4 years is nasty, just wait until the GOP has the house and Senate and a Democrat gets back into the White House. Functional government at the National level is finished except for spending money which they all can agree on.

Yep, if you think what the democrats have done to Trump for the last 4 years is nasty, just wait until the GOP has the house and Senate and a Democrat gets back into the White House. Functional government at the National level is finished except for spending money which they all can agree on.
you did notice the popular vote in 2016? Not going to happen. House has zero chance of going GOP anytime soon. Senate will cave in a few sessions too. If you don't like it, move to Canada, where homogeneity is more accepted. America is democracy for everyone. And the demographics aren't in the GOP's favor. Unless they go full Hitler, and even my dumb ass doesn't think Trump is full Hitler.

you did notice the popular vote in 2016? Not going to happen. House has zero chance of going GOP anytime soon. Senate will cave in a few sessions too. If you don't like it, move to Canada, where homogeneity is more accepted. America is democracy for everyone. And the demographics aren't in the GOP's favor. Unless they go full Hitler, and even my dumb ass doesn't think Trump is full Hitler.

Actually America is a Republic with an electoral college. That was put in place by the founders so that our elections dont become "popularity contest". You dont think the GOP has a chance of flipping it back? Based on what? All the hard work the democrats have been putting in?

Actually America is a Republic with an electoral college. That was put in place by the founders so that our elections dont become "popularity contest". You dont think the GOP has a chance of flipping it back? Based on what? All the hard work the democrats have been putting in?

Most voters in the 2016 election probably didn't have a clue that this president would fight the dems in lowering taxes, getting our unemployment below 4 percent, getting GDP up, and making people less dependent upon government. It was a surprise to decent amount of people. China is the next big step here. That is an economic war in which we need to win. We need our currency in a better place than it has been in the past 20 years. I'm willing to give Trump 4 more years to try. If not, then we need a Ron Paul type of guy because we have to stop spending/printing currency. Too many politicians playing Santa Clause and handing that debt off to our kids is not going to secure America's future, but reign in its end. People see the economy, and that's how the Senate can pick up more seats, and I'd venture to say the House is in trouble. Spending all your time fighting a President who has delivered a good economy is not a recipe for success historically, but nothing has shock value any more so time will tell.

He deserves it? And this is your reasoning? You can't be serious. Im pretty sure asking Ukraine to investigate corruption by DEMOCRATS is not a bad thing for our country. In fact I applaud him for it. The only part of your post that isn't whining is the fact that you readily admit that the Democrats have it out for him. They have since Day 1 they have ZERO INTEREST in actually doing anything positive for the people that voted for them. Makes you wonder why these folks continue to do so.......
So you applaud political corruption and the involvement of foreign entities in our election??

Accused.....thats the real barrier here now isn't it. He was also accused of Russian collusion too remember? Remind me again how that turned out for you Trump haters. So they accused him of something else. This surprises nobody because thats pretty much what liberals do. Accuse, blame, lie.....Im sure I missed a few. So lets vote to impeach and move it to the Senate where he has the right to face that whistleblower
What a sec, so I "accuse, blame, and lie?" How on Earth do you know so much about me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back