• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. Dont go in public.
I have been in public plenty as I’m essential also. I just practice social distancing like I’m supposed to. If someone is out with me then that’s on them if they get the virus. We’re all adults and we will all hopefully be past this stupidity of panic and virus soon enough.

People work all their lives and then they die. They don’t all work in jobs that they love and many do it to supply the essential needs of others; housing, food, clothing, etc. Are their deaths a sacrifice for the economy? I would say there is little difference. Our governors basically fired tens of millions of people in the past few weeks on very little data and not due to merit. That’s not going to be easily forgotten, if ever. People are going to be fighting mad very soon.
Like this CRMC to cut 400 employees and is closing floors down and now is cutting 401k matching for all employees but yet we’re in the middle of a pandemic? Shaggy will be more than glad to help them out.

Well I’m sure you won’t mind sharing you extra money with those that need it right?

I am. I am supporting local as much as possible and tipping at least 25%. Today we took my son to pick strawberries and he had a blast. Picked $12 dollars worth I handed him all I had which was about $16 told him to keep the change.

I am. I am supporting local as much as possible and tipping at least 25%. Today we took my son to pick strawberries and he had a blast. Picked $12 dollars worth I handed him all I had which was about $16 told him to keep the change.
All this aside. That’s awesome shaggy. Any time with family is awesome!

All this aside. That’s awesome shaggy. Any time with family is awesome!

This is the first time my 4yr old has left the neighborhood in 3 to 4 weeks. We picked some berries took some to my parents who got to see him play in the yard for a while as they stayed inside and away from us. The strawberries were badass. The dude has an amazing crop and its early too. He practices social distancing and has pick zones set up when it gets busy. We were the only ones there today.

And for the record I fully recommend social distancing and we do follow the 6 feet rule. I just ain't passing up fresh strawberries. Tomorrow I'll make my homemade strawberry buttercream and make a cake. Gonna be goooood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-180715_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-180715_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200408-180724_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-180724_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200408-180731_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-180731_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Of course we knew these were coming. One of many I’m sure. Well let’s see the employee chose to go to work. They could have called in. They were 51 yo and old enough to make the decision. They could have died driving to work. It’s always some one else’s fault society.

But you are preaching that we should all go back to work then its the employees fault for going to work. Lol

Which ABC news station does he work for....he has done commentary on ABC but I cant find anything that shows he is nothing more than a far right blogger/commentator......

Suicide has been increasing for decades....I cant find any reliable data or sources showing suicides are exploding in the last month or so....link me to a article specifying a increase of suicides since the lockdowns have occurred....

On the other hand here is a article showing the opposite of what you are claiming is going to happen....fewer people die during recession and depressions its a fact.....

Saying that death rates will drop in another great depression is crazy. The GD was 90 years ago and the difference between our society then and now is the difference between a machine gun and a JDAM.

But you are preaching that we should all go back to work then its the employees fault for going to work. Lol
I am preaching go back to work if you feel comfortable doing so. This person may have picked it up anywhere but work. Honestly if you are not afraid of getting it and especially not high risk then go back to work. Anyone that has a job should be thankful. If getting paid to say at home should be thankful. 10 million are unemployed as of right now. Only going to add to that number going forward as long as we’re shut down. I feel bad for young adults graduating from college. The job market will most likely be tight for some time. I’m sure lawyers will see if he went to other places before work and after. Gas stations are some of the worse we all know that. It’s terrible for that family but that’s the risk we all take everyday we go to work. Accidents in vehicles to at work to catching a virus. He could have gotten the flu and it make him pass away. Each day we live we are on highway to mortality.

Saying that death rates will drop in another great depression is crazy. The GD was 90 years ago and the difference between our society then and now is the difference between a machine gun and a JDAM.
I agree. Lots more violent offenders and people than then. Add to that more guns, drugs, drive for money and material things, depression.

Love the sound of a JDAM going "over" me! Sounds like........Victory!

Can it be proven that the worker contracted the virus at work ?
No it can not. It’s on surfaces. It could be on products we get at grocery stores. If I remember it lasted on plastic 17 days. So someone had it packing a plastic peanut butter jar. Shipped to store. Then unpacked and put on shelf. So we go back to work when the last case is reported and wait 17 days for plastic supplies to pass. Then we have what up to 51 days a person that had it can still be contagious. For it to be completely no more spread. America would have to shut down literally everything. From gas stations to drive thru foods to grocery stores. Yes I understand we are trying to control this and make it a slow burn. As contagious as this virus is. That’s going to be really hard in places like NY, Chicago, and bigger cities. Unless like I said. Complete lockdown. No one goes anywhere. So many stories who knows what to believe.

I agree the deaths would be lower probably....there was little to no social safety net then, what is going to cause people to die during a depression if we have one in the next year or two? Why would the death rate increase now with the better health care system etc that is in place versus 90 yrs ago....I guess I am confused as to why the death rate would be higher in a depression now versus 90 years ago...

I agree the deaths would be lower probably....there was little to no social safety net then, what is going to cause people to die during a depression if we have one in the next year or two? Why would the death rate increase now with the better health care system etc that is in place versus 90 yrs ago....I guess I am confused as to why the death rate would be higher in a depression now versus 90 years ago...

The safety net wouldn't stand up to having to borrow trillions of dollars monthly. The result would be hyperinflation leading to mass suicides and civic unrest. Lifestyles were vastly different then as opposed to now. People today are spoiled compared to then. We live in tech bubbles, lack physical skills, most lack land and many live in small apartments they can barely afford. Our religious structure is far different. We do not farm and rely on spending money to get pleasure. Throw in 30% unemployment over a few years and I cannot see how we will cope. Our inner cities are already murder and crime ridden, that will greatly increase. Our drug problem to treat depression and mental illness will greatly increase along with addiction.

The safety net wouldn't stand up to having to borrow trillions of dollars monthly. The result would be hyperinflation leading to mass suicides and civic unrest. Lifestyles were vastly different then as opposed to now. People today are spoiled compared to then. We live in tech bubbles, lack physical skills, most lack land and many live in small apartments they can barely afford. Our religious structure is far different. We do not farm and rely on spending money to get pleasure. Throw in 30% unemployment over a few years and I cannot see how we will cope. Our inner cities are already murder and crime ridden, that will greatly increase. Our drug problem to treat depression and mental illness will greatly increase along with addiction.
Spot on!

And for the record I fully recommend social distancing and we do follow the 6 feet rule. I just ain't passing up fresh strawberries. Tomorrow I'll make my homemade strawberry buttercream and make a cake. Gonna be goooood.
I live in the Greenville area and my wife is taking our son picking tomorrow. Did yall hit Brocks, Brileys, or a different farm? They will probably end up going to Brocks since it is closest to our casa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back