• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday.. When asked about the resignation of Navy Chief Tom Modly ... Trump said "I don't know him". This President lies about everything

View image on Twitter

The safety net wouldn't stand up to having to borrow trillions of dollars monthly. The result would be hyperinflation leading to mass suicides and civic unrest. Lifestyles were vastly different then as opposed to now. People today are spoiled compared to then. We live in tech bubbles, lack physical skills, most lack land and many live in small apartments they can barely afford. Our religious structure is far different. We do not farm and rely on spending money to get pleasure. Throw in 30% unemployment over a few years and I cannot see how we will cope. Our inner cities are already murder and crime ridden, that will greatly increase. Our drug problem to treat depression and mental illness will greatly increase along with addiction.

So because life is easier now than it was then more people will die now.....got it.

Interesting read. Doesn't seem to be biased, but I'm sure some will disagree.

crap article from a crappy biased source. The opinion piece Was junk. All over the place and based everything on estimates from a model.
Social distancing works end of story. Even the crappy article says social distancing works but drags on with how great trump is.

Lord you Trump haters are losing it. You cant even find anything decent to ----- about anymore.....Get outside today and get some Vitamin D. It helps!
Or how about you get some Vitamin A and improve your eyesight because we aren't bashing Trump 24/7 because we aren't kissing his feet on everything he does. It certainly beats this thread from becoming an echo chamber of one opinion.

Or how about you get some Vitamin A and improve your eyesight because we aren't bashing Trump 24/7 because we aren't kissing his feet on everything he does. It certainly beats this thread from becoming an echo chamber of one opinion.
Just making an observation about how weak the Trump attacks are getting. Didn't call anybody out personally. It is the political thread right?

Just making an observation about how weak the Trump attacks are getting. Didn't call anybody out personally. It is the political thread right?
Yes this is, but I also was commenting on how people are blindly following Trump and giving nothing but praise. Leaders need criticism to keep them in check.

Yes this is, but I also was commenting on how people are blindly following Trump and giving nothing but praise. Leaders need criticism to keep them in check.
I have zero issues with Trump bashing. I enjoy the banter. I do find it odd you only seem to come down on the blind Trump followers and not the blind Trump haters....No worries here though. I can take it!

I have zero issues with Trump bashing. I enjoy the banter. I do find it odd you only seem to come down on the blind Trump followers and not the blind Trump haters....No worries here though. I can take it!
Just as I find it odd you only sing praise for Trump all day long. But hey, as long as both of us can take it, it's fine.

crap article from a crappy biased source. The opinion piece Was junk. All over the place and based everything on estimates from a model.
Social distancing works end of story. Even the crappy article says social distancing works but drags on with how great trump is.
It sounds like you hate it because is doesn't agree with you opinion, which is expected. I believe trump is mentioned twice, once to reference Americans adhering to the social distancing guidelines put out by trump(didn't seem like praise, just the fact those guidelines exist) and a second time in the quote below:
The president has also repeatedly maintained that a national shutdown is not the best option, even as he has opted to extend his social distancing guidelines through the month of April.

"States are different," the president said during a White House press briefing last week. "There are some states that are different, there are some states that don't have much of a problem."

"So you have to give a little bit of flexibility," he continued. "We have a state in the Midwest, or if Alaska, as an example, doesn't have a problem, it's awfully tough to say, 'close it down.'"

So if you hate the article for not bashing trump, then you are spot on. But to say "it drags on about how great trump is" seems to be pretty disingenuous.

I also expect to see disdain for modeling/forecasts that predict anything but mass sickness or deaths because it doesn't fit the "trump is doing a terrible job" narrative. The good thing for trump haters is if the infection rate/death toll turns out to be much lower than originally predicted they can fall back on "well if trump had acted earlier it wouldn't have been as bad as it was".

It sounds like you hate it because is doesn't agree with you opinion, which is expected. I believe trump is mentioned twice, once to reference Americans adhering to the social distancing guidelines put out by trump(didn't seem like praise, just the fact those guidelines exist) and a second time in the quote below:
The president has also repeatedly maintained that a national shutdown is not the best option, even as he has opted to extend his social distancing guidelines through the month of April.

"States are different," the president said during a White House press briefing last week. "There are some states that are different, there are some states that don't have much of a problem."

"So you have to give a little bit of flexibility," he continued. "We have a state in the Midwest, or if Alaska, as an example, doesn't have a problem, it's awfully tough to say, 'close it down.'"

So if you hate the article for not bashing trump, then you are spot on. But to say "it drags on about how great trump is" seems to be pretty disingenuous.

I also expect to see disdain for modeling/forecasts that predict anything but mass sickness or deaths because it doesn't fit the "trump is doing a terrible job" narrative. The good thing for trump haters is if the infection rate/death toll turns out to be much lower than originally predicted they can fall back on "well if trump had acted earlier it wouldn't have been as bad as it was".

the Blaze is a right wing media source. The article was written as an opinion piece. It sucked.

Yesterday.. When asked about the resignation of Navy Chief Tom Modly ... Trump said "I don't know him". This President lies about everything

View image on Twitter

He says that to distance himself from the blowback. It doesn’t work though. Everyone knows he’s full of shite.

the Blaze is a right wing media source. The article was written as an opinion piece. It sucked.
Good to know, though I don't see much pointing to that being an opinion piece, other than you not agreeing with what it reports. I guess if you disagree with something, the only way to refute it is to claim it's an opinion vs a report. But that is probably something we all fall prey to at one time or another.

View image on Twitter
This is a serious reach. Do you "know" everyone you have stood next to? How about do you really "know" everyone you even work with? Now if he had said he never met the man then maybe you would have a point, however if you met someone once do you always remember them, if you do you are much better at it than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back