• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So closing down everything was worth it? Now the scale is starting to tip the other way that leads to social unrest. Yet many screamed all these deaths. Tell that to the people that are losing everything. Let’s hope this stops at the end of April.
Well, if the government is going to close your business and deprive you of a job, then they better step up and pay for your rent and food during the shut-down and for at least 90 days after they rescind the shut-down orders.

I'd be cautious about using such a source. From a site that looks like that, I'd wager it's full of fake statements and twisted forms of reality. To me I see that as fake news.
It's an opinion, an editorial, if you will. Not news in the sense that it's extremely factual. It's not unlike commenting here, really. Like I said, it's a conversation starter really. Could lead to further investigation to see if there are supporting facts for the idea. Does unemployment lead to an increase in disease and death? If so, is there a point where it doesn't make sense to keep the lock-downs going?

Last edited:
Of course we knew these were coming. One of many I’m sure. Well let’s see the employee chose to go to work. They could have called in. They were 51 yo and old enough to make the decision. They could have died driving to work. It’s always some one else’s fault society.

I'd like to share an interesting opinion on the trade off the world is making with the forced shut-downs. Food for thought...

I've provided studies that say deaths drop during economic slowdowns. You posted a fake news site.

I've provided studies that say deaths drop during economic slowdowns. You posted a fake news site.
Actually if you read at bottom. The reporter that wrote that article works for a ABC news station. Is ABC reporters fake news now? Plus his article just gave numbers to say what any human being should understand. More can die from a depression than a virus if the depression is long term. Just look at the articles we’re suicides are exploding. All this is just getting started. Hopefully all these lockdowns end before it becomes a calamity in America.

Actually if you read at bottom. The reporter that wrote that article works for a ABC news station. Is ABC reporters fake news now? Plus his article just gave numbers to say what any human being should understand. More can die from a depression than a virus if the depression is long term. Just look at the articles we’re suicides are exploding. All this is just getting started. Hopefully all these lockdowns end before it becomes a calamity in America.

Which ABC news station does he work for....he has done commentary on ABC but I cant find anything that shows he is nothing more than a far right blogger/commentator......

Suicide has been increasing for decades....I cant find any reliable data or sources showing suicides are exploding in the last month or so....link me to a article specifying a increase of suicides since the lockdowns have occurred....

On the other hand here is a article showing the opposite of what you are claiming is going to happen....fewer people die during recession and depressions its a fact.....

I said it was opinion, an editorial, not “news”. It’s an idea that I found interesting and thought others might as well. Back in the day, the editorials were located in the back pages of a printed newspaper so they wouldn’t be confused as news. The internet blurs that distinction...unless you can clearly read that it states an opinion.

Which ABC news station does he work for....he has done commentary on ABC but I cant find anything that shows he is nothing more than a far right blogger/commentator......

Suicide has been increasing for decades....I cant find any reliable data or sources showing suicides are exploding in the last month or so....link me to a article specifying a increase of suicides since the lockdowns have occurred....

On the other hand here is a article showing the opposite of what you are claiming is going to happen....fewer people die during recession and depressions its a fact.....

I will work on getting the suicides rate info. I’m going to grocery store.

Well it was a sarcastic post. See I can say screw you I am getting paid even if your not and you call that selfish.

Meanwhile you've been asking people to sacrifice themselves for the economy which is way more permanent and callous.
Well I’m sure you won’t mind sharing you extra money with those that need it right?

Well it was a sarcastic post. See I can say screw you I am getting paid even if your not and you call that selfish.

Meanwhile you've been asking people to sacrifice themselves for the economy which is way more permanent and callous.
People work all their lives and then they die. They don’t all work in jobs that they love and many do it to supply the essential needs of others; housing, food, clothing, etc. Are their deaths a sacrifice for the economy? I would say there is little difference. Our governors basically fired tens of millions of people in the past few weeks on very little data and not due to merit. That’s not going to be easily forgotten, if ever. People are going to be fighting mad very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back