• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
279 flights have come in since the "restriction" began. That 430,000 number you got from your daily I hate Trump newsfeed is just a wee bit off (It was from December). But you fell for it of course......

Maybe it was those super duper extra special wide bodies with seats crammed on each other then the cargo holds were also full with smuggled people?

430,000/279 = 1,541 people per flight..

Lord ... Does bashing ... anybody ... on a weather BB make things any better?
Facts and analysis ... vs ... raw editorial comment ...
Likely this thought will not gain me favor with anyone ... and if so or not, so be it ...

Paywalled; 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers AFTER the restrictions..

"There were 1,300 direct flights to 17 cities before President Trump’s travel restrictions. Since then, nearly 40,000 Americans and other authorized travelers have made the trip, some this past week and many with spotty screening."

And of course "spotty screening" is a very subjective statement because consider the source..

Lord ... Does bashing ... anybody ... on a weather BB make things any better?
Facts and analysis ... vs ... raw editorial comment ...
Likely this thought will not gain me favor with anyone ... and if so or not, so be it ...
Maybe not initiating but nothing wrong with a well worded rebuttal

People really need to get a grip. Quit worrying about others business. A lot of this neighborhood met today. We all said if you are so scared of catching it then stay inside and mind your own business. Thank goodness TN has not been infiltrated by sheeple yet.

While several focus on each case and death here is the other side of the scale. Suicides increasing. All over media making people scared and fearful. Yes we lost a lot to the virus today. We also lost people to suicides. Today was most likely last day some had any money. A job. A home. So it’s not just people dying from virus. It’s lives ruined also.

The media has brainwashed people into thinking that it's a death sentence, when in reality you have a very small chance of dying if you catch the virus.
As of this evening there have been a little over 400,000 cases in the U.S. Out of those 400,000, 34,528 have been resolved. Of the 34,528 that have been resolved... 21,674 have recovered and 12,854 have died. That is a 37% mortality rate for the resolved cases. 365,884 are still ongoing and unresolved. How can you say there is a very small chance of dying?

Last edited:
As of this evening there have been a little over 400,000 cases in the U.S. Out of those 400,000, 34,528 have been resolved. Of the 34,528 that have been resolved... 21,674 have recovered and 12,854 have died. That is a 37% mortality rate for the resolved cases. 365,884 are still ongoing and unresolved. How can you say there is a very small chance of dying?
[/QUOTE}
The recovered number is very uncertain for one. For example, in Georgia, our health department explains why it is almost impossible to know the true number of recovered. Some people get better and never report back. Some doctor's offices don't report details due to HIPA, etc. A case is anyone that tests positive and is recorded. That is not the same as total infections because many people contract the disease and are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms and don't get tested. Also testing hasn't been very accurate and up to 30% of people are walking away thinking they are negative but are really carrying the virus. Looking at Germany's numbers, it appears that they have more accurate testing and a better data reporting mechanism and they are reporting a 6% mortality rate when compared to resolved cases. Their overall CFR is very low at this point as well.

More posotive Results: Despite every roadblock the left and Rhinos tried to throw in its way. The beat goes on.

Border Patrol chief Rodney Scott on Monday announced that 151 miles of border wall have been completed since the dawn of the Trump administration, along with nearly 200 miles under construction, and 400 miles in the “pre-construction” phase. The update revealed that construction is taking place at a rather rapid pace.

Scott’s last update — which was posted on March 30 — revealed that 147 miles of southern border wall had been completed. The numbers indicate that roughly four miles of border wall have been built in just a week’s time.

I'd like to share an interesting opinion on the trade off the world is making with the forced shut-downs. Food for thought...

I'd be cautious about using such a source. From a site that looks like that, I'd wager it's full of fake statements and twisted forms of reality. To me I see that as fake news.

@GeorgiaGirl THANK YOU! Exactly right! We can not keep shut down till June. Some so focused on the deaths of this virus. Which is Tragic and sad but the other side of the scale will be just as bad. That is what I have been saying. We are approaching the week when another 25% has no money and broke. 50% of Americans then broke. Do we really want to see what happens when we hit that mark? Think about being a dad or mom and not having money to buy your kids food or yourself. Or losing your home. As a dad I’d rather catch virus and die than see my kids suffer that way. Yes people die from this virus but imagine those that will have to live in homelessness and poverty for a long time. Yes pain with deaths but that pain lessens over time. Living in poverty and homelessness does not lessen the pain so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back