• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won’t let me post in the corona thread, but I think this is an important article for everyone to read.

This is hard to buy into. All you have to do is look at the curve in GLOBAL cases and you can clearly see the spike.

Why would this virus run for 4 months with no spike then explode like it did? It makes zero sense with how we know this has played out over the last 6 weeks.

I love how the Trump haters are out in full force now that the virus is not killing the millions and hundred thousands that were predicted. Which is really great news. Positive news and does look like either restrictions, wx, herd immunity or burning itself out have happened. Thankfully looks like we should start opening up in May and sports will happen and lives can start rebuilding. The economy can get to churning again. So the scale did not tip to far either way thankfully! So the Trump haters have to find something to complain about. Who’s ready to see a Trump/Biden debate!
Yeah lol like we are only bashing Trump on this. Clearly you can't read things that don't say Trump. Trump is just a portion of the issue. Herd immunity? Lol nope that's not happening and will not happen until a vaccine is developed or a massive portion of the population get it. And last I checked, most Americans haven't been exposed due to social distancing and other measures. We will get through this when we get though this. I'm ignoring the crappy models on this one.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned. Wonder if mosquitoes can transmit it? It will be interesting the government response to this if it can

This is hard to buy into. All you have to do is look at the curve in GLOBAL cases and you can clearly see the spike.

Why would this virus run for 4 months with no spike then explode like it did? It makes zero sense with how we know this has played out over the last 6 weeks.
You have to remember that cases don’t equal infections and previous to knowing Covid-19 was a separate entity, you didn’t have any testing, so no cases. It also doesn’t make sense that this thing ramps up after world wide lock downs and avoidance. It would make sense, though, if it had already been distributed widely. Also, not all areas are on the same place on the curve. The problem is that if we are at the peak heading down, lockdowns will actually prolong the pain and add economic hardship to the mix. There is a political advantage to the current approach to mitigation and I think that’s why there is not a strong desire to gather data on current natural immunity and distribution in the population.

South Carolina now under home or work order. I know wrong thread but since I’m blocked from the virus thread I’ll post here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to remember that cases don’t equal infections and previous to knowing Covid-19 was a separate entity, you didn’t have any testing, so no cases. It also doesn’t make sense that this thing ramps up after world wide lock downs and avoidance. It would make sense, though, if it had already been distributed widely. Also, not all areas are on the same place on the curve. The problem is that if we are at the peak heading down, lockdowns will actually prolong the pain and add economic hardship to the mix. There is a political advantage to the current approach to mitigation and I think that’s why there is not a strong desire to gather data on current natural immunity and distribution in the population.

We would have been seeing a crush of unexplained hospitalizations long before now if this was ramping up for 4 months.

Based on the things I see you post Im certainly glad you weren't behind me (as I noted before) but questioning your patriotism? Never. And you don't have any right to ask me to stop touting my military experience. My "opinion" is no more or no less valuable than anyone else but my experience during a crisis that has obviously induced stress is very valuable to those that may choose to listen. If you don't want to engage in conversation or see my post, hit that ole ignore button. Im sure plenty of other folks have......
Please explain how your experience in a combat zone makes your input on what is or is not "disrespect" or "desecration" of the flag or the anthem more valuable?

The reason we are seeing a plateau versus a peak is the lockdowns are working, if we quit now then you see the actual peak....I knew certain people would see the results of the steps taken to reduce the deaths as proof that "it wasn't going to be that bad" and that all the actions were overdone etc...

As for gathering data hell it took months to get barely sufficient testing in place....there is no scheme to hide this, there is good RNA data on the virus and we know a lot about how the virus made inroads into the US......for every person we knew about in early to mid Jan there were 10 we didn't and after spending all of Feb with no real testing capabilities and while Trump was telling everyone it was no big deal it spread exponentially, so a virus with a long incubation period and asymptomatic spreading easily account for the widespread nature of the virus......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back