• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when people make me defend Obama....

The economy had already crashed when Obama took over....generally speaking the economy recovered greatly under Obama....

Obamacare is a disaster, my wife's insurance which went from being 100% covered by her employer to one of those plans that they couldnt keep and for that year we had to pay $300 a month to keep her covered until I could get her under my plan.

It recovered some, not greatly as evidenced by nearly his entire Presidency staying at 0% interest rate.

So it appears the 50% of the nation is pissed off that we killed a terrorist leader yesterday. Gee, I wonder which side I want to be on......

So it appears the 50% of the nation is pissed off that we killed a terrorist leader yesterday. Gee, I wonder which side I want to be on......

- There is no one nation anymore. The US is comprised of two. A large part of the blue nation is pissed largely because of political reasons.
- On the same token, a large portion of the red nation was pissed about Obama getting congratulated for Bin Laden being killed for similarly political reasons.
- So it works both ways. The US could use a new centrist party imo. The current two parties suck.

"Donald Trump declared in 2012 that people should stop congratulating President Obama for the killing of Osama bin Laden."

From here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-obama-bin-laden/

Fits the pattern, I guess. I mean Clinton bombed Iraq during his impeachment.

I mean Trump did make all these tweets back in 2012.......I however have no problem with killing that guy, there was a lot of reasons to do so and ultimately we are safer as a country for it...

trump_iran1.png

I mean Trump did make all these tweets back in 2012.......I however have no problem with killing that guy, there was a lot of reasons to do so and ultimately we are safer as a country for it...

View attachment 29621

We were on the verge of another attack. He wasn't in Iraq to catch a showing of Cats. When you have an opportunity like this you take it........

We were on the verge of another attack. He wasn't in Iraq to catch a showing of Cats. When you have an opportunity like this you take it........

I agree, I would not be surprised either if it was the Iranians themselves that sold him down the river, apparently this guy was positioning himself to possibly take over Iran's government maybe even not so peacefully, so all the more reason to get him while we could.

I don't know why y'all even argue. Actually, I do but y'all are never gonna convince those that are at the extremes. I see more here as pro trump or just never trumpers, not necessarily far left. I use to be considered left but my party is leaving me. Obama is a moderate compared to this weak line-up of candidates. But, the right is going crazy right so no chance I'll vote that direction.

I tell you what, and I am gonna keep these polite because people like you piss me off. I deployed over a dozen times. Ramadi, Baghdad, Fallujha, Afghanistan. I saw some of the worse of these people you could possibly see. I still see it today as a government contractor. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about war other than what you read and regurgitate. You don't know the sacrifice we make to protect civilians. The same civilians we saw butchered in the streets on a daily basis. Do yourself and this board a favor and don't call me out on something you have no effing clue about and never will know about. Its a hell of a lot easier to point a finger than it is a gun
What you did to protect civilians over there has nothing to do with the fact that what he said in his post is correct.
Just because someone hasn't served in the military doesn't invalidate their opinion or their right to express it. They may have less knowledge than you, fine, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong.

I'll call you out. What you did to protect civilians over there has nothing to do with the fact that what he said in his post is correct.
Just because someone hasn't served in the military doesn't invalidate their opinion or their right to express it. They may have less knowledge than you, fine, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong.

If you think what he said about war is correct, you are just as clueless as he is. You dont have to have served to have an opinion but it helps a great deal to have served in actual combat to form a "valid" opinion when you plan on coming aggressively at someone who has. I love discussing the merits of war but you spit in my face I have no intentions of being civil

If you think what he said about war is correct, you are just as clueless as he is. You dont have to have served to have an opinion but it helps a great deal to have served in actual combat to form a "valid" opinion when you plan on coming aggressively at someone who has. I love discussing the merits of war but you spit in my face I have no intentions of being civil
I'm sorry but I'm not clueless and where did I "spit I your face?"

I'm sorry but I'm not clueless and where did I "spit I your face?"

The previous poster referenced compared our military goals to that of the terrorist we killed yesterday. That is a spit in my face and to anybody that fought or is currently fighting over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back