• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of bombs in the air...

But seriously, I give Trump credit for taking the gloves off after the attack on our embassy. But as I said earlier, the problem with this approach is it’s impossible how to know when it will end. Iran will inevitably respond, which will put the ball back in our court.

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail before it’s too late.

But seriously, I give Trump credit for taking the gloves off after the attack on our embassy. But as I said earlier, the problem with this approach is it’s impossible how to know when it will end. Iran will inevitably respond, which will put the ball back in our court.

Terrorist will attack American's wherever and whenever they have the opportunity. Iran is responsible for deaths of innocent people throughout the middle east including their own citizens. They wont stop next month, next year or 100 years from now. Terrorist dont value human life......

TBH I doubt Iran does more than saber rattle on the big stage. They will probably cause a small scale terrorist attack behind the scene and pitch a fit when they are accused, but they aren't stupid. They know they cannot fight a war against the US and also know that SA and UAE would love to jump in and secure their share of the oil market.

TBH I doubt Iran does more than saber rattle on the big stage. They will probably cause a small scale terrorist attack behind the scene and pitch a fit when they are accused, but they aren't stupid. They know they cannot fight a war against the US and also know that SA and UAE would love to jump in and secure their share of the oil market.

They won’t awaken a sleeping giant. Japan learned that lesson. My concern is there cyberspace capabilities. Dept of defense, electrical grid. etc... Like you said, they cannot match our military by a country mile.

IF... we really HAD to hurt Iran we’d simply surgically strike the three or so oil refineries they utilize. Thus, Bring the economy to a screeching halt.

I don’t want it to come to that because it would hurt the Iranian people. Most don’t necessarily support the mullah’s in charge.

Let's all take a step back in time to when the Iranians took over the US embassy in the late 1970's. We remember what happened next..... hostages were held for over a year before we got them back home. We learned a lesson from that!

They won’t awaken a sleeping giant. Japan learned that lesson. My concern is there cyberspace capabilities. Dept of defense, electrical grid. etc... Like you said, they cannot match our military by a country mile.

IF... we really HAD to hurt Iran we’d simply surgically strike the three or so oil refineries they utilize. Thus, Bring the economy to a screeching halt.

I don’t want it to come to that because it would hurt the Iranian people. Most don’t necessarily support the mullah’s in charge.

They can return the favor, it would be ridiculously easy for them to close the Strait of Hormuz removing 25% of the worlds oil literally overnight....no company is going to send tankers worth hundreds of millions to get blown up.....the Iranians have thousands of surface to surface anti ship missiles, and the ability to quickly place hundreds of naval mines....

They probably wont go that far though as to do so means it forces the US to commit to opening it back up and then its air strikes and cruise missiles by the hundreds for Iran.

The previous poster referenced compared our military goals to that of the terrorist we killed yesterday. That is a spit in my face and to anybody that fought or is currently fighting over there.

There is nothing anyone can do for you if you're not open to hearing why other people across the globe question our foreign policy and intentions. It's clear that you take every point of dissent as a personal attack. Given your occupation, it is understandable. However, there are many who share similar skepticism. Proof below with link to reddit post and article. By all means please don't respond to this post if it upsets you - as I stated before I seriously have no ill will towards you. I'm just posting for others here to see our recklessness is not being unnoticed.

We have the biggest best equipped army out there. Dont get complacent about who can hurt us. They're completely capable of sinking a couple of our ships, shutting the strait down or fire rockets or airstrikes against our troops.

Sooner or later its gonna be us that awakens a sleeping giant.

There is nothing anyone can do for you if you're not open to hearing why other people across the globe question our foreign policy and intentions. It's clear that you take every point of dissent as a personal attack. Given your occupation, it is understandable. However, there are many who share similar skepticism. Proof below with link to reddit post and article. By all means please don't respond to this post if it upsets you - as I stated before I seriously have no ill will towards you. I'm just posting for others here to see our recklessness is not being unnoticed.

You have an opinion on fighting terrorism that doesn't match with mine. Im a career soldier not a keyboard warrior. My only concern is that the next battle we commit to, we stay and finish it. Its unfortunate but we have far to many Americans (and allied citizens) that dont have the stomach for it. If they "really" supported our efforts, Iraq would have been a much different story

Iran will target citizens first because terrorist are cowards. That could be in Iraq, Lebanon, anywhere they have proxies. Citizens are obviously the most difficult to protect. This is 99% going to happen in the near future. The more difficult task, but one they will target is a high ranking official. Could be military or government. This is tradecraft by the book for Iran

Well this is certainly big news...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...te-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed/ar-BBYFGu3

Bolton, who left the White House in September, said that he has weighed the issues of executive privilege and that after “careful consideration and study” decided that he would comply with a Senate subpoena.

“I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify," he said in a statement

Well this is certainly big news...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...te-impeachment-trial-if-subpoenaed/ar-BBYFGu3

Bolton, who left the White House in September, said that he has weighed the issues of executive privilege and that after “careful consideration and study” decided that he would comply with a Senate subpoena.

“I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify," he said in a statement

That tells me one of two things:

1: He has been assured by senate GOP they won’t call him to testify.

or

2: The Democrats had better stay far away from asking him to testify.

That tells me one of two things:

1: He has been assured by senate GOP they won’t call him to testify.

or

2: The Democrats had better stay far away from asking him to testify.

I dunno Bolton did not inform Trump he was releasing this statement, the thing is this, IF these guys were going to be able to go on the stand and exonerate Trump then it would have already happened....McConnell would subpoena them himself if that was what they knew would happen.....the fact they don't do that tells you all you need to know about what they would say and how bad it would be for Trump.

I dunno Bolton did not inform Trump he was releasing this statement, the thing is this, IF these guys were going to be able to go on the stand and exonerate Trump then it would have already happened....McConnell would subpoena them himself if that was what they knew would happen.....the fact they don't do that tells you all you need to know about what they would say and how bad it would be for Trump.

It’s not about Trump, but likely brokering a deal with fellow republicans. If he wanted to really take down Trump he would have did so in congress when Democrats could have asked him anything. McConnell knows he doesn’t have to exonerate Trump, just win public opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t just trying to lure Nancy to send the articles. Nancy wants people to testify and the GOP could be really about to set her up.

It’s not about Trump, but likely brokering a deal with fellow republicans. If he wanted to really take down Trump he would have did so in congress when Democrats could have asked him anything. McConnell knows he doesn’t have to exonerate Trump, just win public opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t just trying to lure Nancy to send the articles. Nancy wants people to testify and the GOP could be really about to set her up.

I suppose it is possible this is all some grand play to set up the Dems, but I think that gives the current admin wayyyyyy to much credit. Nancy is not going to send the articles until she has in writing that they can call witnesses....if McConnell really thought he could pass a rule preventing witnesses he would have introduced it already he has 52 GOP members and needs 51 of them to vote his way and right now he does not have them, at least 3-4 GOP senators will probably vote against that, maybe more in light of the fact Bolton is willing to not fight a subpoena....

I suppose it is possible this is all some grand play to set up the Dems, but I think that gives the current admin wayyyyyy to much credit. Nancy is not going to send the articles until she has in writing that they can call witnesses....if McConnell really thought he could pass a rule preventing witnesses he would have introduced it already he has 52 GOP members and needs 51 of them to vote his way and right now he does not have them, at least 3-4 GOP senators will probably vote against that, maybe more in light of the fact Bolton is willing to not fight a subpoena....

There is no reason to rush Nancy. Trump isn't impeached until she releases it to the Senate. I know the strategy for the Dems is to stretch it out as long as possible. The Senate majority leader has as much to say about process as the speaker of the House. He never has to cave to Nancy. He may do the same thing that the house did. He may only allow the witnesses he wants to testify just as Schiff and Nadler did in the House. Both insuring the results they want....all this has just been politics, there has never been ANY threat of Trump being removed from office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back