• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even attacking Trump, just making a obvious statement. If he has the power to do things like he did this week he has the power to help homeless vets. He just doesn't want to. It costs too much money

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Vets that want help are getting help. Those that are able and want to work are finding jobs and are doing so in a multitude of different fields. The government could always do more but things are much better. Im not sure why you even choose to argue this with me to be honest.

I’m just pointing out that from a technical and legal standpoint Trump isn’t actually considered impeached until Nancy gives it to the Senate. It doesn’t really matter either way but it’s interesting to note from a constitutional standpoint.

If you want a good laugh the 13 min audio clip in this article is awesome. Some Russian guys that run a YouTube channel prank called Maxine Waters, pretending to be Greta Thunberg and her father. They made up a fake island and conference and pretended to have dirt on Donald Trump. It’s hilarious and worth the listen.
https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/01/russians-prank-maxine-waters-with-greta-thunberg-confession/
Adam Schiff also fell for a Russian phone call prank. Unbelievable.

I wasn't even attacking Trump, just making a obvious statement. If he has the power to do things like he did this week he has the power to help homeless vets. He just doesn't want to. It costs too much money

iT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO CARE OF ANYONE ! We have to stop expecting the government to do charity. That's OUR job! We have to take responsibility and do our job. You do yours, encourage others to do theirs, and don't look to anyone but God support our charity. He can move men and women to help.

iT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO CARE OF ANYONE ! We have to stop expecting the government to do charity. That's OUR job! We have to take responsibility and do our job. You do yours, encourage others to do theirs, and don't look to anyone but God support our charity. He can move men and women to help.
That goes for people who can physically care for themselves. However he was talking about the homeless vets and as mentioned by another member, it's likely that way because of mental conditions caused by serving. If you put that and what you said together, there's no way a mentally ill person can care for themselves. Someone has to step up and care for them. The only logical way to help is with the government because not every charity and not every organization will reach these people or keep reaching them until they are either on a path to a better life or need long-term assistance. The government has a job to protect the people, not just with military, and if it means helping homeless citizens find a home then it meets that criteria.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Vets that want help are getting help. Those that are able and want to work are finding jobs and are doing so in a multitude of different fields. The government could always do more but things are much better. Im not sure why you even choose to argue this with me to be honest.
Because the truth doesn't matter. No matter what lies are told and how stupid they are, it doesn't matter. Even when the truths are right there to find and apparent for all to see, it doesn't matter to some. As long as Trump is shut down nothing else matters. Most Trump haters know that what they hear are lies but they no longer care and are happy to spread them as well. Lies and crimes are justified as long as they get rid of Trump. It is more evident everyday. The dems are proving, that to get rid of Trump, they are willing to lose any common sense and send America straight to hell if need be (typical radical thinking). The battle field is not level when the basics like justice, truths and exposing crimes are not what all are fighting for. People are fed up with dems and MSM behavior period. Truth will prevail and I honestly think the dem party will not exist in the future. What have the dems done for anybody lately? What are they working on everyday to help Vets?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out it might make sense to address the problem of homeless veterans. Now more than ever it is important because we are on the verge of another armed conflict, which will create more homeless veterans. It's a cost of war nobody wants to pay because there is no big defense contractors to pay.

I do have a little personal experience with this. I had three Uncles serve in Korea and Vietnam, two came back but we're never the same. I have a friend that was in Iraq and he is not the man he was. It's just sad to think how their lives and their families could have been different.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out it might make sense to address the problem of homeless veterans. Now more than ever it is important because we are on the verge of another armed conflict, which will create more homeless veterans. It's a cost of war nobody wants to pay because there is no big defense contractors to pay.

Ok let me a bit clearer with my response. There will be a rise in homeless vets during a prolonged war for many reasons. More could always be done. Trump isn't the problem or the sole provider of any solution (Let that part sink in even though it stings). We aren't going into another armed conflict that we haven't already been in even though the "news" continues to scare you into thinking we are. We have been fighting Iran proxies in Iraq and Syria for years now. It is highly unlikely we will enter Iran on the ground.

Ok let me a bit clearer with my response. There will be a rise in homeless vets during a prolonged war for many reasons. More could always be done. Trump isn't the problem or the sole provider of any solution (Let that part sink in even though it stings). We aren't going into another armed conflict that we haven't already been in even though the "news" continues to scare you into thinking we are. We have been fighting Iran proxies in Iraq and Syria for years now. It is highly unlikely we will enter Iran on the ground.
I hope you are right

I hope you are right

I am concerned about troops and high level officials first and foremost but I am equally concerned about any attack on Israel. We don't want to be caught in the middle of a blowup between Iran and Israel because Israel is more than prepared to go all-in

Let’s see Bolton says he will testify if asked and the next day this. Anyone surprised?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...le-amid-trump-impeachment-impasse-11578420162

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) said he has enough votes to set impeachment trial rules that don’t guarantee new witnesses would be called, rebuffing demands from Democrats.
Mr. McConnell has concluded he has at least 51 votes from within his 53-member Republican conference for opening the trial first, and then voting later on whether to issue subpoenas for witnesses and documents.

I'm a little confused as to how killing the second most powerful man in Iran isn't a act of war? What would we do if they took out one of our highest ranking generals? I am in no way defending Iran but they do have reason to be angry.

I'm a little confused as to how killing the second most powerful man in Iran isn't a act of war? What would we do if they took out one of our highest ranking generals? I am in no way defending Iran but they do have reason to be angry.

Apparently they find that reason for being angry enough reason to be stupid.

That second most powerful man is a TERRORIST! Im pretty sure their act of war differs from most peaceful nations. Its fairly obvious Iran doesn't believe killing innocent people is a bad thing

My suggestion would be to visit the 600+ American family's who've lost a loved one, as well as the thousands of innocent civilians and entire family to ASK if they're okay with the U.S. taking out this radical Islamist terrorist/murderer was warranted. Not to mention future terrorist attacks, by his directive, were imminent. SMDH

My suggestion would be to visit the 600+ American family's who've lost a loved one, as well as the thousands of innocent civilians and entire family to ASK if they're okay with the U.S. taking out this radical Islamist terrorist/murderer was warranted. Not to mention future terrorist attacks, by his directive, were imminent. SMDH

Those American lives that were lost were lost in the 2003 war. An illegal war that we started based on false intel that saddam had wmds.

That second most powerful man is a TERRORIST! Im pretty sure their act of war differs from most peaceful nations. Its fairly obvious Iran doesn't believe killing innocent people is a bad thing

We have also killed innocent civilians. To the average Iranian, we are the terrorists. Our actions toward their country dating back to their revolution show this dude. Do you want me to list them out? How do you expect them to look at us and think we are the good guys?! I am deeply hurting for the innocent pawns, both soldiers and civilians, who have to deal with a mankind that is so bloody and evil.
While I understand people's issues with Iraq, if I remember right the Taliban hit us first. So that argument doesn't work in the whole case.

You aren’t recalling correctly. The taliban have nothing to do with iraq. So the argument works just fine. Lets acknowledge our mistakes when they’re obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back