• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing that my friend was telling me was that Trump threatening to destroy the 52 or whatever cultural monuments, etc, was a very bad idea keeping in mind that many of them go back to ancient Persia, which date back to well before Iran, itself, came into being.
Yeah I agree. I heard today it was retracted, but not sure how accurate that info is. All is very interesting. I saw an interview on the local news with an Iranian living in Charlotte that said that everybody was told they had to go to the funeral procession to show Unity.. it's just a totally different world in Iran and it's hard for us to understand really what's going on I think.. I do think that Iran is the culprit for all issues in mid east because of all of their proxies stretching out like tentacles in all the surrounding countries. We probably should have gone after Iran back in 2003 instead of Iraq since Iran is the bank for all the terrorists we have fought.

supposedly a Ukrainian airliner just crashed in Tehran from a "technical issue"(per Iranian media 5 minutes later no less)

totally not a coincidence at all

Video if a fireball over Tehran. Perhaps a trigger happy AA battery that thought the airliner was an American plane?

Imo based on early reports it sounds like the missiles did minimal damage. I find it hard to believe their missiles are that bad. It looks to me like they did this as a “response” to seem tough but they’re trying to tone things down. Will be interesting to see what Trump says and how he responds.

Imo based on early reports it sounds like the missiles did minimal damage. I find it hard to believe their missiles are that bad. It looks to me like they did this as a “response” to seem tough but they’re trying to tone things down. Will be interesting to see what Trump says and how he responds.

He needs to condemn their attacks for almost hurting civilians and then add more sanctions.

I’m seeing some reports that the Ukrainian passenger plane was shot down by the Iranian Air Defense System..damn..that might be the nail in the coffin

As soon as I heard that there were no US casualties, I knew this was pretty much all for show. Plus, it happened after US market hours. I said this in another forum, that you can usually tell when things are real and when they're staged or done for show and bluster. If something happens during US market hours, it tends to be more of in the real category. This is just another North Korea type of thing where both sides get to talk tough and "save face" and no real harm gets done on purpose.

It is interesting, though, that Iran really doesn't seem to care that we killed their general. They say they do, but their actions don't match. Makes me want to put on the conspiracy-that-really-is-more-of-a-not-so-conspiracy hat.

As soon as I heard that there were no US casualties, I knew this was pretty much all for show. Plus, it happened after US market hours. I said this in another forum, that you can usually tell when things are real and when they're staged or done for show and bluster. If something happens during US market hours, it tends to be more of in the real category. This is just another North Korea type of thing where both sides get to talk tough and "save face" and no real harm gets done on purpose.

It is interesting, though, that Iran really doesn't seem to care that we killed their general. They say they do, but their actions don't match. Makes me want to put on the conspiracy-that-really-is-more-of-a-not-so-conspiracy hat.
Not trying to be contradictory this morning and I tend to agree with the idea to a degree.... BUT - 1) Not all "real attacks" occur during market hours, they actually occur at the time these were carried out. Actually from a timing stand point (at night) that's common, they just missed on purpose, so I get where you're coming from. 2) Iran cares we killed their general they just know they are over matched and aren't completely stupid, also they recognize they can control the narrative in their country, thus the saving face response is more believable there

Not trying to be contradictory this morning and I tend to agree with the idea to a degree.... BUT - 1) Not all "real attacks" occur during market hours, they actually occur at the time these were carried out. Actually from a timing stand point (at night) that's common, they just missed on purpose, so I get where you're coming from. 2) Iran cares we killed their general they just know they are over matched and aren't completely stupid, also they recognize they can control the narrative in their country, thus the saving face response is more believable there
I gotcha. I'm just speculating based on years of watching these kinds of things play out. Everyone has gotten really good at using the media and internet to control narratives without actually doing anything. The Market indicator isn't 100% infallible. I'd say it's more 80/20...and I don't mean to apply it only to military engagement. Think China trade deal stuff too. "Important announcements, nuclear tests, etc. tend to occur just after the market closes or overnight. You hardly ever see anything drop during market hours or just before it opens. It's intentional.

Your ideas are just as valid as mine...probably moreso.

You could argue it makes for much less hysteria during the overnight hours.
Exactly, which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about true intent. I guess that's what I was trying to say.

I gotcha. I'm just speculating based on years of watching these kinds of things play out. Everyone has gotten really good at using the media and internet to control narratives without actually doing anything. The Market indicator isn't 100% infallible. I'd say it's more 80/20...and I don't mean to apply it only to military engagement. Think China trade deal stuff too. "Important announcements, nuclear tests, etc. tend to occur just after the market closes or overnight. You hardly ever see anything drop during market hours or just before it opens. It's intentional.

I completely agree with the last part of your post here, those things no doubt are intentional but militarily (which is was I was referencing) tend to still occur at night. I'll let those with first hand knowledge chime in if they wish, I know with the technology these days attacks can be carried out with precision at any hour but I think strategically most missile attacks still occur after dark.

Checks in the mail

While it allows the save face with their people, I believe it actually helps the world full realize that they chose a way to back down knowing the result. It’s good to know Iran isn’t stupid and to give Trump credit maybe the killing of the general was to prove this point and maybe one day back down their terrorist arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back