• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Cooper eyes the senate seat in 2026. Sucks for yall wanting him to lose on a presidential ticket he gonna be around much longer now.

Sources say Trump is throwing a fit over not knowing her vp pick. Mrs. Harris is reportedly playing games and toying with him until the very last minute. 🤣

I dunno its not the same now as back then for sure, when I was 18-19 everyone I knew had moved out into a apt, now over half of all 21 yr olds still live at home. Rent at my first apt in a almost new building in a good location was $375 for a 2 bedroom.....its a lot more expensive, average rent in town now for a 2 bedroom is $1200. So I get where Forsyth is coming from, things were a lot easier 30 yrs ago when it came to living on your own.
Ok so yeah our rent was also 350 a month but we got what we paid for. It's why we shared it with rodents. But salaries were nowhere near what they are now either. My first year's salary was under 18k, kids start out at 35k, 40k plus nowadays. That's on the low side tbh. Problem I see is so many out of college want it easy, they don't want to "pay their dues" so to speak, they don't think they need to work their way up, they don't want to sacrifice some luxuries of life to survive until things get better. They want those end results without putting in the work.

Most of us could care less what Roy Cooper does.
Oh I thought yall did since it’s on the front page of NBC, CNN and Fox tonight. I mean money now has to be saved to stop Cooper in 2026. Oh and Robinson was about to step in and give the state to Trump again. Cooper staying could help cheat the votes to Harris at the state level.

Oh I thought yall did since it’s on the front page of NBC, CNN and Fox tonight. I mean money now has to be saved to stop Cooper in 2026. Oh and Robinson was about to step in and give the state to Trump again. Cooper staying could help cheat the votes to Harris at the state level.
Cooper doesn’t do much for me on any level. He’s been fairly quiet. Don’t think he’s a bad guy though, and I don’t have anything negative to say but I don’t have much positive to write home about either.

Cooper would stay Governor until January either way. Becoming a VP nominee would not change that.

They put him on Ingraham so she can hold his hand and walk him through damage control for the idiotic things he says, and he cant do it, its just 2 mins of nonsensical word salad...you want this guy to be president until he is 83 years old? Seriously?

They put him on Ingraham so she can hold his hand and walk him through damage control for the idiotic things he says, and he cant do it, its just 2 mins of nonsensical word salad...you want this guy to be president until he is 83 years old? Seriously?

Well that cleared that up lol. I love how she tried to steer him in the right direction and he didn’t get the message.

News to me that Christians don’t vote and are being treated badly / persecuted by the current administration.

Well that cleared that up lol. I love how she tried to steer him in the right direction and he didn’t get the message.

News to me that Christians don’t vote and are being treated badly / persecuted by the current administration.

Really the whole thing with Ingraham was a disaster.... none of the maga folks will care.

Dollars per year doesn't mean anything unless it can pay rent or a mortgage. Rent laws keep young people in parents homes too long because jobs can't afford a safe place to live. Kids? Few people can afford that from this generation unless they go into deep debt for them now.

Also who's fault is it for not preparing our generation for the world properly? I'm sure you've got the answer already. Can't scream irresponsible when it isn't taught.

Also the income to housing cost keeps getting exponentially worse. Let's stop building 800k houses only the wealthy can afford and start building more affordable housing that isn't just 55+ for example.

The reason they keep building them is because people keeping wanting them. Builders build what people want, where they want them. Until the younger generation decides to build their own place, buy an old trailer and put it on their land or decide they aren’t gonna move to high demand areas, no government will fix these issues.

Kids is an entirely different subject that people blow out of proportion cost wise.

Back