• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Is she trying to disassociate herself from the Democrat party?

I know you’re just trying to be funny. I would hope the bulk of Dems don’t actually support violent “protest” and graffiti outrightly stating support for Hamas, who wants to destroy Israel. There’s a huge difference between supporting peaceful protest and supporting this craziness. This violence and hatred only hurts those peacefully trying to get Israel war policy to change.

I do believe that many in the left wing of the Dems unfortunately do border on this extremist and hateful view (clearly supporting Hamas) and thus sadly at least border on being anti-Semitic. But I don’t think that’s most Dems overall.

Being against Israeli war policy by itself isn’t anti-Semitic. But being against its existence clearly is. And there are many anti-Semites being dishonest by saying they’re just anti-Israel policy.

I know you’re just trying to be funny. I would hope the bulk of Dems don’t actually support violent “protest” and graffiti outrightly stating support for Hamas, who wants to destroy Israel. There’s a huge difference between supporting peaceful protest and supporting this craziness. This violence and hatred only hurts those peacefully trying to get Israel war policy to change.

I do believe that many in the left wing of the Dems unfortunately do border on this extremist and hateful view (clearly supporting Hamas) and thus sadly at least border on being anti-Semitic.
Agree, huge difference between supporting peaceful protest and supporting this craziness. Problem is there's never any repercussions for those who commit those acts, which on the surface gives an impression of complicity.

I do believe that many in the left wing of the Dems unfortunately do border on this extremist and hateful view (clearly supporting Hamas) and thus sadly at least border on being anti-Semitic.

Being against Israeli war policy by itself isn’t anti-Semitic. But being against its existence clearly is. And there are many anti-Semites being dishonest by saying they’re just anti-Israel policy.
The all powerful Israel lobby in DC would probably disagree with you. They would say anything spoken or written against Israel is anti-semitic and play that card for sure.

I agree with what Harris said here very much. There were many peaceful protests yesterday in D.C. against Israel's war policy, including by many Jews. But this was not in the least in addition to outrightly supporting Hamas (who doesn't even support Israel's right to exist) and only serves to undercut what the peaceful protestors are trying to accomplish.

Anyone else here agree with what Harris said here?

Please check your direct messages.

The all powerful Israel lobby in DC would probably disagree with you. They would say anything spoken or written against Israel is anti-semitic and play that card for sure.

Yeah, I don’t agree with those who play that card. It isn’t good to cheapen the use of the word anti-Semitism. I mean even many Jewish Americans have been protesting Israeli war policy, including in D.C. yesterday. The bulk of them still favor Israel existing and aren’t self-hating (I assume). The entire issue is complex.

Agree, huge difference between supporting peaceful protest and supporting this craziness. Problem is there's never any repercussions for those who commit those acts, which on the surface gives an impression of complicity.
Not only are there no repercussions, but sympathy and support for their efforts and we are told to try and understand it.

That last sentence is key...a lot of people were sitting the battle of old farts out or voting 3rd party...

So the rallies of 10 or so for Biden will become rallies of 15 plus for her? Quite possible, many on the left think she is hot, but according to some Dems we shouldn’t look upon women that way. It’s confusing I know.

That last sentence is key...a lot of people were sitting the battle of old farts out or voting 3rd party...

Harris leading in the polls 46 to 45 essentially means that Trump will win the election. Trump lost 48-46 in 2016 and beat Hillary. Harris needs to lead by way more than 1 point nationally to beat Trump.

Harris leading in the polls 46 to 45 essentially means that Trump will win the election. Trump lost 48-46 in 2016 and beat Hillary. Harris needs to lead by way more than 1 point nationally to beat Trump.

I agree but a week ago Trump was up 4 pts in this poll....there is a sizable group of people that did not want Biden or Trump because they are to old....now they have an option they can support. Harris is also going to pull back some of the black voters Trump had pulled. Anyone who even remotely thinks Trump has this in the bag is nuts.

So the rallies of 10 or so for Biden will become rallies of 15 plus for her? Quite possible, many on the left think she is hot, but according to some Dems we shouldn’t look upon women that way. It’s confusing I know.

This is stupid since rally size doesn't equate to victory...just ask Trump.

I agree but a week ago Trump was up 4 pts in this poll....there is a sizable group of people that did not want Biden or Trump because they are to old....now they have an option they can support. Harris is also going to pull back some of the black voters Trump had pulled. Anyone who even remotely thinks Trump has this in the bag is nuts.
But I thought the polls were saying that Kamala would do even worse than Biden ? What happened to that ? I doubt any black voters are going to vote for Kamala because she is half black.

But I thought the polls were saying that Kamala would do even worse than Biden ? What happened to that ? I doubt any black voters are going to vote for Kamala because she is half black.
Some ppl look at a pile of s##t.. and they see vitamin B12

According to the invention, most of the vitamin B12 is made up of this sewage sludge subjected to methane fermentation at ordinary temperature in Freedom by treating it with calcium hydroxide [Ca (O H) 21,

Why do you doubt that...what criteria are you basing that opinion on? Below is what I am basing my statement on...

Why do you doubt that...what criteria are you basing that opinion on? Below is what I am basing my statement on...

If this is the case, then perhaps I was right when I said that Trump should have picked Tim Scott as his VP running mate. I didn't think that Vance was the right pick for VP.

Back