• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Harris and DNC agreed to doing the open convention. The far right is saying there won’t be one. Truth is kinda in the middle…anyone who runs against Harris is against every single dem governor currently that endorsed her (which is 100% btw) and big money donors. Meaning it’s political suicide for your career should you get in her way. To be fair, legally, Harris needs to be the nominee to gain access to Bidens money since her name was already on the ticket and she technically was voted for last election too.

Well supposedly she already has enough delegates. If that's true nobody has a path(of course delegates can change but...)

Well supposedly she already has enough delegates. If that's true nobody has a path(of course delegates can change but...)
If someone wanted to run they would have earlier. It’s really just the far right trying to trick people into thinking we are stuck with another Clinton when in fact it’s another Obama. The time has run out. It’s time to vote on policy. Abortion is and will be the number one issue. I wish it wasn’t but Trump’s Supreme Court did that. So we can’t focus on the economy or first time home buying. Gotta fight Trump’s culture wars that distracts the poor on everything else.

If someone wanted to run they would have earlier. It’s really just the far right trying to trick people into thinking we are stuck with another Clinton when in fact it’s another Obama. The time has run out. It’s time to vote on policy. Abortion is and will be the number one issue. I wish it wasn’t but Trump’s Supreme Court did that. So we can’t focus on the economy or first time home buying. Gotta fight Trump’s culture wars that distracts the poor on everything else.

Well yeah that was the problem with Biden dragging it out... There's no time. They aren't gonna have a big mess at the convention imo because that would probably guarantee Trump wins

Republican convention was awesome.

You can always vote for Trump, bro. We will always welcome you. Plus we got a bogo going on votes this year. Worked so well for the left last time, we're giving it a go.
Awesome 😂 what did you like best? The bearded lady or the elephant man?

Well yeah that was the problem with Biden dragging it out... There's no time. They aren't gonna have a big mess at the convention imo because that would probably guarantee Trump wins

Listening to a Talk Radio earlier today which admittedly is right wing( I agree with him a lot and I disagree with him a lot) but in this case what he thinks makes sense and I tend to agree with him here. He feels something did happen to Biden last week which scared them into pretty much making Harris the heiress. That is supposedly why she went from being just another candidate to The candidate pretty much overnight.

"Stuck with another Clinton when in fact its another Obama" Well one's just as bad as the other!! Neither one was worth a S!;?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

There won’t be a brokered convention. Once her first campaign event went well the rest of the dominos fell.

I’m leaning towards Beshear or Shapiro as VP nominee. There’s one man in SC that would know more than others and he ain’t gonna pick up the phone. So we’ll just have to wait and see.

The net unfavorable ratings for the R ticket are a ridiculous headwind for them. They need to tape Trump’s mouth shut or use the built in excuse from USSS of no more large rallies. Harris cannot run away from inflation *however* if Rs unfavorable polling continues the amount the D ticket needs to run ahead in popular vote shrinks. If there’s a sustained enthusiasm for the new D ticket look out. In a presumably low turnout election even a small edge in voter enthusiasm could tip the scale.

Once again I cannot understand how the Trump campaign is letting the RNC get so far off message. They are coming across as taking for granted Trump will stay the front runner. This kind of thing was unheard of on campaigns I worked a decade ago. There’s a neat, professional organization running the T campaign and the RNC is just…….I don’t even know.

This thought process kills me, and it's the left's own culture war. Whoever gets in the White House off the ballet, Trump, Harris, or even what's left of Biden, we are all screwed if they are the best we can muster up. But you (and the rest of the extreme lefty crew) thinking that the number 1 issue plaguing the country, over all the other problems is abortion, is completely unhinged and unbased in reality. You're literally trying to fight your own made up boogeyman with the Trump culture war BS.

This thought process kills me, and it's the left's own culture war. Whoever gets in the White House off the ballet, Trump, Harris, or even what's left of Biden, we are all screwed if they are the best we can muster up. But you (and the rest of the extreme lefty crew) thinking that the number 1 issue plaguing the country, over all the other problems is abortion, is completely unhinged and unbased in reality. You're literally trying to fight your own made up boogeyman with the Trump culture war BS.
I think the abortion thing is the preface to what trumps court really wants to do. It was just the first right they were willing to strip away. They hinted at others such as gay marriage that they are dying to get to and overturn. It is a major issue for women and moderates. This is clear by every state that's gone to the ballot to secure abortion rights. Even deep red states have seen major losses in trying to end abortion.

Now add the crap Vance is saying about women and add that to the abortion issue. How's that gonna play out?

The only thing unbased in reality is the GOP thinking they can ban abortion and tell women what to do with their bodies, and not get kicked in the ba.....teeth. They took something that 65% of Americans think should be legal and are trying to do away with it. They vastly underestimated the importance of this issue to the largest voting block in this nation, and its already cost them many elections. Women already didnt like Trump but with that and then picking Vance as his VP lol....

Then the Dems make Kamala the nominee and the far right attacks her because she is a women calling her Kameltoe, HeelsupHarris etc etc etc and you think this is going to help Trump get more women voters....

Vance is going to be the gift that keeps on giving he has said so many cringeworthy things on twitter that Musk needs to delete it all fast cause its all being dug up.....

Like this gem, how can celebrating indigenous people be divisive?

Vance is going to be the gift that keeps on giving he has said so many cringeworthy things on twitter that Musk needs to delete it all fast cause its all being dug up.....

Bloodbath

https://thefederalist.com/2024/07/23/by-the-way-kamala-harris-is-a-dangerous-authoritarian

I know that the tone of the article is pitched to the right but if the facts about Kamala Harris are even half true, it should send shivers down the backs of anyone who values their personal freedoms enshrined in the Bill of Rights. I'd forgotten she is our "border czar". When Trump mentions immigration on the campaign trail he should remind the voters of this fact.

its a fake holiday like June teeeeeenth, Halloween and V-Day. Truth hurts sometimes.

Morning Observations:
1. Several on here are wetting their preverbial pants now that Kamala is the presumptive nominee. So the self proclaimed "protectors of democracy" , the DemoncRATS are essentially telling you who you can vote for and not allowing you to select who you can vote for in the 24 election. The anointing of Kamala is suspect not that I would vote for her or any of the possible candidates on their bench. The point is they took you out of the process and you are falling in line with it.
2. Many of you on here are probably members of your neighborhoods or community's message boards. I am increasingly seeing things like this on my community's message board:
"Hey me again. I really hate this but when I have no choice I have no choice. I work, and I am definitely not asking for a handout, but I don't get paid until Sunday and I have absolutely no way to get anything until then. I was doing door dash but my car broke down and I can't get it fixed until I get paid. Anyway, I don't want money unless u just feel like you can do that, but I need some cat food, litter, and some peanut butter and jelly and some bread. I can make it until Sunday with these things."
Again I see this with increasing frequency. If you are lower, middle or upper middle class you are being squeezed out by the gov. The left for sure wants you squeezed out.

Back