• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Kelly is surging on PredictIt bigly with him at 45 vs Shapiro's 29. Cooper falling more to 14. Beshear down hard at only 8. The standard disclaimer: this is just a betting market site. So take it with a grain. Regardless, they sometimes correctly indicate a new trend.
What do you folks think about Kelly? Are the bettors onto something or are they going to be wrong?

IMG_9996.png

Kelly is surging on PredictIt bigly with him at 45 vs Shapiro's 29. Cooper falling more to 14. Beshear down hard at only 8. The standard disclaimer: this is just a betting market site. So take it with a grain. Regardless, they sometimes correctly indicate a new trend.
What do you folks think about Kelly? Are the bettors onto something or are they going to be wrong?

View attachment 148735
I would think Kelly has better approval ratings nationwide because of him being an astronaut etc.

View attachment 148735

Would be a huge win for the GOP. Could make the election closer, but you pretty much get rid of a popular dug in senator.

Mark Kelly could also swing some of the vote in Arizona which is in the Trump column for now. He is not overly progressive compared to some of the other choices out there but from the gun control point of view of a person who believes strongly in Second Amendment freedoms, he would be a disaster. Gun control is one of the main issues that a WASP male like me bases his voting decisions on. Right now, the issues of the day that help me decide how to vote are as follows:

Immigration - Trump
Economy - Trump
Gun Control - Trump
Environment - I lean Democratic on this issue however not to the extent that stopping of drilling for oil and mandating that all Americans should be driving electric vehicles by 2035 do.
Crime - Trump
Social - (Abortion, LGTBQ, etc.) - I think the Federal Government should stay out these aspects of our lives and let the states decide what laws they want to make.

When and only when I can't decide between two candidates based on these and other issues then I take the moral character of the candidates into consideration. To be honest, I think most politicians are about as trustworthy as used car salesmen and snake oil peddlers.

Was it worth nearly crippling the global economy over? There was a time I thought yes, looking back I don't think it was
Thats a question that will be asked forever and there's many ways to answer it. In hindsight as far as the economy goes we are still feeling the effects both real and manufactured. From a human cost the shutdowns likely saved millions of lives.

Biden is apparently going to return this afternoon and speak to all of us tomorrow and meet with Netanyahu on Thursday.

People really thought he was dying? 😂 Leave it to Jewish space laser MTG to say he was in hospice. The reps on both sides of the aisle are absolutely embarrassing. It's like a competition between the left & right on who can be the most unhinged.

Back