• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Where is Biden? Is he still alive? The 25th amendment should have Harris assuming the presidency upon the death of Biden, I think, and then she gets to nominate someone for VP. That person must be approved by a majority of the House and Senate. Who could possibly pass this test?

Maybe why we are seeing the delay. If Biden is only days away from dying, due to a stroke or something, Harris should already be acting as President.
You may not be that far off here. They most likely are delaying for several reasons.

You are going to need more than white suburban women voters I'm afraid. Some of you are acting as if Democrats haven't lost any votes the last few years. Black males are leaving the left in droves, Hispanics are moving to Trump in large numbers and young people as well. Kamala will do well with angry black women for sure
Black voters self identified with the Democratic at a rate of 78% in June compared to a historic rate of around 83%. Non-Cuban Hispanic votes also returned more or less to normal in 2022 after a move toward Trump in 2020.

This is all based on Pew polling which is generally near the center. These narratives just don’t match the reality of what voters tell pollsters or who they select in the voting booth.

Black voters self identified with the Democratic at a rate of 78% in June compared to a historic rate of around 83%. Non-Cuban Hispanic votes also returned more or less to normal in 2022 after a move toward Trump in 2020.

This is all based on Pew polling which is generally near the center. These narratives just don’t match the reality of what voters tell pollsters or who they select in the voting booth.

I tell every poll I get on txt or phone that I am 100% voting for Trump.

Donald j Trump wants to take my ebt card away. Wait till the ads hit him they better talk ebt im telling everyone at every grocery store from Wilkes to concord

It was going up at least as fast if not faster than it was under Obama BEFORE covid.

View attachment 148716
I asked a simple question. WHAT was his new spending on? I'm well aware that government debt grows as government adds new "good ideas". If you want to whine about how much he spent at least give us your talking points on how much of it was the most horrible thing ever like you do with everything else Trump

I asked a simple question. WHAT was his new spending on? I'm well aware that government debt grows as government adds new "good ideas". If you want to whine about how much he spent at least give us your talking points on how much of it was the most horrible thing ever like you do with everything else Trump

It was just bad fiscal policy in general, cut taxes while not cutting spending. Trump was the one that promised to reduce the national debt and then failed to do so miserable, especially when compared to Biden.

So if they are "good ideas" but drive our debt up at record levels that's OK?

Back