• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Mandatory service designed by the Government (outside of criminal correction) is not my idea of a free society. How about we start encouraging strong male leadership back in the home to help guide our next generation(s)?
Would you extend that idea to all forms of mandatory association? Selective service, taxes, etc.

I don’t think your second sentence is a bad thing at face value, however I don’t see it as a solution to our fragmented society. Thinking in a larger sense it’s common experiences that help us see where others are coming from. We lack common cultural experiences that in the past would give us things to talk about that cross party and religious lines. To me less individualism doesn’t mean an inevitable slide into collectivism like I hear so often.

Ok so they have a hearing with the secret service where the Director dodges every question and refuses to resign. And that is supposed to somehow settle the theories that this seems suspicious? If they have nothing to hide then why won't they answer questions?

Ok so they have a hearing with the secret service where the Director dodges every question and refuses to resign. And that is supposed to somehow settle the theories that this seems suspicious? If they have nothing to hide then why won't they answer questions?
Because all of you guys are chomping at the bit to try and pin anything and everything on them so why would they want to give you anything?

The overall western world is too progressive for that now so you're not going to get it. Forced Govt service I agree isn't freedom we as America should have, but you're going to get chaos and the next generations will not ever go the route of forcing nuclear families on everyone. That idea is how we get societal disasters like Andrew Tate that go to the extreme and brainwash young men into believing hating women instead of just being a decent human being to everyone exist. The best path forward would be killing off the idea of making more suburban hellscapes and creating environment that encourage interaction. Can't go outside and interact if it's endless highways and neighborhoods with the same cookie cutter lawn. That and breaking the addictive habits tied to social media.
Interestingly you’ll still see mandatory military service among quite a few “progressive” western nations. I don’t like the idea of that here for many reasons but could envision programs to match young people with areas of interest. Housing and urban renewal is a good one. We currently have and will continue to have a large amount of elderly people for the next 10-20 years that will require an enormous amount of care. Proactively steering more people into those industries would help us avoid a scenario of needing skilled immigrant labor to fill those roles.

Because all of you guys are chomping at the bit to try and pin anything and everything on them so why would they want to give you anything?
To be fair we saw the same thing post January 6th. The USSS is an obscenely paranoid organization and often considers themselves above the law.

Give me anything? How about give answer to the American people who pay their salary. Whose only job they have is to protect these people? I think it gets forgotten who is in charge here. Their job is not to hide important information. Their job is to provide protection and when they fail, everyone deserves to know how it happened. You seem content in just saying well they "missed" so who cares what happened.

Interesting/passing along. This board is a discussion platform. Not the Evening News

1721665292564.png

Give me anything? How about give answer to the American people who pay their salary. Whose only job they have is to protect these people? I think it gets forgotten who is in charge here. Their job is not to hide important information. Their job is to provide protection and when they fail, everyone deserves to know how it happened. You seem content in just saying well they "missed" so who cares what happened.
Wrong. I'm waiting for so e solid facts as all we get are pieces that get retracted and changed the next day. Let the investigation continue without the partisan politics for crying out loud

Same play and always works. Why change now

Interestingly you’ll still see mandatory military service among quite a few “progressive” western nations. I don’t like the idea of that here for many reasons but could envision programs to match young people with areas of interest. Housing and urban renewal is a good one. We currently have and will continue to have a large amount of elderly people for the next 10-20 years that will require an enormous amount of care. Proactively steering more people into those industries would help us avoid a scenario of needing skilled immigrant labor to fill those roles.
Good luck with pay in those industries though. Urban "renewal" projects often leads to gentrification and unaffordability for those living in the area, so it never benefits those around. For healthcare of elderly, unless you're a doctor, good luck feeding yourself and paying rent to live near your employer. The housing cost problems will get worse unless housing is balanced out.

Regarding the bolded, I've recently seen the ridiculous lack of care for the elderly at nursing homes. It is from a combo of too few nurses/CNAs as well as a portion of nurses and especially CNAs who aren't the least bit compassionate (they don't like their job and so easily get frustrated and thus are in the wrong profession). Although nothing can replace family advocates filling the care gap to the best extent possible, I wonder if there can be some kind of service for those who are compassionate for the elderly to help out at NHs.

Regarding the bolded, I've recently seen the ridiculous lack of care for the elderly at nursing homes. It is from a combo of too few nurses/CNAs as well as a portion of nurses and especially CNAs who aren't the least bit compassionate (they don't like their job and so easily get frustrated and thus are in the wrong profession). Although nothing can replace family advocates filling the care gap to the best extent possible, I wonder if there can be some kind of service for those who are compassionate for the elderly to help out at NHs.
Burnout is a very real thing in NH care. My wife did it for a couple years and the pay for the RN is great but CNAs get very little.

Here’s question for you all. What are your thoughts on mandatory national service for 18 year olds that would last one year? Not necessarily military service, but something resembling the old CCC or Erasmus type programs we see in Europe. I was once against this idea but I’ve started to see the benefits it could bring. A lot of teenagers now are stuck in social media bubbles and aren’t interacting with people that are different than themselves. It seems to me this could be a way to increase the amount of common experience for young people.
Sounds like a great way to grow government even bigger! Not sure that's where we need to be headed

Good luck with pay in those industries though. Urban "renewal" projects often leads to gentrification and unaffordability for those living in the area, so it never benefits those around. For healthcare of elderly, unless you're a doctor, good luck feeding yourself and paying rent to live near your employer. The housing cost problems will get worse unless housing is balanced out.
With regards to healthcare it would need to coincide with reform or replacement of the current insurance model. The actual cost of care is completely divorced from what customers actually pay and what providers receive from private insurance, self insured businesses or the government.

I would think this is something left and right could agree on. I don’t want to see us follow the path of the UK for example where a significant portion of care providers are immigrant labor.

This hearing is a joke and an embarrassment. This is the most bipartisan effort I've seen in quite some time.

She is staying on as either a coverup or she is the one of the most conceited narcissist to ever old an appointed office.

Wrong. I'm waiting for so e solid facts as all we get are pieces that get retracted and changed the next day. Let the investigation continue without the partisan politics for crying out loud
Did they ever figure out if there were police in the building of the shooter, or are we still waiting to find some people to ask?

Back