• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

We know. That’s why people are upset at the DNC and Harris. But Cooper/Bernie would actually win this. Harris is gonna do another Hillary if not worse.
Harris sort of has the opposite (funny to say that) problem Hillary did. Hillary was fairly popular outside the far left wing of the party and VERY unpopular to the electorate. Harris isn’t as popular inside the DNC right now and is largely unknown to the national audience. Opportunity is hers to paint the picture of who she really is for the country.

Cooper got more votes than Trump in NC in 2020.
Yes people tend to forget this. The split ticket voting in 2020 and 2022 was a lot more than we’ve seen in the past. Beshear is very popular in “red” state Kentucky and Shapiro is very popular in swing state Pennsylvania.

Baloney. It was so stressful they wouldn’t live off the taxpayer dime forever. They would die in their sixties or seventies like millions of normal Americans(who actually know stress) do. Yet we have Congressmen and woman staying in office until ninety. We have senators who go BSOD during the middle of a speech or who you only hear every six years to campaign then disappear into the DC shadows.
We aren’t discussing Congress. We’re discussing the President, aka Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces and the man with knowledge of where and under what conditions of use ~1,500 strategic nuclear weapons are kept. I personally am okay with them not having to fend for themselves financially after office.

Just some random musings. With Biden now out, Trump now becomes the oldest person to be a nominee for President in the nations history after his acceptance last week. Expect the Harris campaign to talk about that a bit and voters to have this in mind when casting a vote. Should Trump win, it’s assumed we’ll be right back in this position in a few years with an infirm President.

Harris sort of has the opposite (funny to say that) problem Hillary did. Hillary was fairly popular outside the far left wing of the party and VERY unpopular to the electorate. Harris isn’t as popular inside the DNC right now and is largely unknown to the national audience. Opportunity is hers to paint the picture of who she really is for the country.
Highly disagree. At least in North Carolina (and other battle ground states I would say) we compare Harris to Michell Obama and Opra Winfrey. It’s all bad publicity. Devil level bad. Cooper did get more votes than Trump but right now Trump would likely still win NC given high popularity. He’s coming to Charlotte this week. He knows Cooper will likely be on the ticket.

I doubt if Cooper as VP would defeat Trump in NC. However this is why trump should have picked someone who can add votes to his ticket.

I'd probably say that the presidential spot would stay in the R territory for NC, but Cooper running as VP might strengthen the odds of another split ticket President/Governor deal similar to 2020.

Remember this portion from my post this morning, "You might remember James Comey who investigated the Clinton email scandal and the Clinton Foundation, and made the final decision to not recommend prosecution by the DOJ. It turns out that the Clinton Foundation was audited by the law firm DLA Piper. One of the executives there was in charge of the Clinton Foundation audit. Who was it? Peter Comey, James Comey’s brother. Peter Comey held an executive position with the Washington law firm that did the audit of the Clinton foundation in 2015. Peter Comey was officially DLA Piper “Senior Director of Real Estate Operations for the Americas,” in 2015 when the Clinton Foundation scandals first broke and Hillary was preparing her Presidential campaign. Not only was DLA Piper, the firm where Comey’s brother worked involved in the audit of the Clinton Foundation, but according to the foundation’s donor records, DLA Piper has given between $50 - 100k to the Foundation. It gets even cozier. DLA Piper executive Douglas Emhoff is taking an extended leave of absence from the firm. Who is Douglas Emhoff? He is the husband of KAMALA HARRIS! Just a coincidence? " Heels Ups hubby is croked and so is she but the libtardopuses on here don't want you to hear that.

Just some random musings. With Biden now out, Trump now becomes the oldest person to be a nominee for President in the nations history after his acceptance last week. Expect the Harris campaign to talk about that a bit and voters to have this in mind when casting a vote. Should Trump win, it’s assumed we’ll be right back in this position in a few years with an infirm President.
I doubt this. It’s gonna be abortion. Trump should have picked the lady from Charlotte who switched parties to overturn abortion for the entire state. Would have been better than Vance honestly. He’s coming to Charlotte and I bet he gonna hammer Cooper and abortion. Cooper is already here he needs to focus on places like Appalachian State University. Lot of hippies on the fence with Harris. Hell maybe even North Wilkesboro speedway campaign trip wouldn’t hurt his image. Dig into Trump country. Or as Obama called Wilkesboro, “God’s backyard”.

We aren’t discussing Congress. We’re discussing the President, aka Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces and the man with knowledge of where and under what conditions of use ~1,500 strategic nuclear weapons are kept. I personally am okay with them not having to fend for themselves financially after office.

Biden was a part of that Congress for decades. I have no problems with financially paying former Presidents, but the idea that their job is so stressful is just goofy. Our Congressmen, Senators and Presidents live in a level of comfort and riches unknown by 99.9% of Americans. Acting like they need to retreat to the “peace” of retirement is a dis-service to Americans who actually see stress, have to scrape to make it by, and who can’t retire.

Last edited:
How has he had a negative impact on your life? My guess is zero
You have no idea. Haha he's one of the reasons I'm done with my career with this state. You guys worry about Trump being a dictator hah, good 'ol Roy was exactly that in this state during covid. And you know it.

Back