• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top priority for the next 4 years is the economy followed by a safer nation that doesn't get involved in pointless avoidable conflicts that would have little to no affect on our nation. Immigration as a whole is top 3. If our economy goes completely in the toilet then we'll have more dangerous US citizens to worry about threatening our neighborhoods due to widespread desperation than those coming into the country who aren't American. We're going to decline but there's a difference between a landing with some cushion and slamming headfirst into the pavement.
So you're going to vote for Trump then?

My top priority for the next 4 years is the economy followed by a safer nation that doesn't get involved in pointless avoidable conflicts that would have little to no affect on our nation. Immigration as a whole is top 3. If our economy goes completely in the toilet then we'll have more dangerous US citizens to worry about threatening our neighborhoods due to widespread desperation than those coming into the country who aren't American. We're going to decline but there's a difference between a landing with some cushion and slamming headfirst into the pavement.
I admire that and your top 3 matches mine. Without a secure country our economy doesn't matter. If someone is against something I know is effective based on my war experience and connections to people in charge of that border, I just need a better argument than it's not worth the $$$ because that's just untrue.

WOW saw a clip of WOAT essentially saying that the supposed Inflation Reduction act was actually the Green New Deal. Only saw the one clip so doing more research but if true we all have been ----ed by the Feds again.

If you truly want Housing prices to drop, deregulation is the only actual pathway to that. These Goverment review agencies are an absolute joke. They push out review times constantly and hit everyone from Developers down to homeowners with very burdensome fees. It takes us about 5 months in Durham just to get a subdivision approved. Another 6 months for Construction drawings, another 6 months for an annexation if needed, its crazy. The people reviewing the plans have generally never seen one before. The don't actually know what's important for safety and constructability of a project. They just follow a checklist, that nobody knows who made. Tax funded "free money" isn't the answer. They arent hired on credentials alone. The process can be changed for the better without actual worsening of the home product.

What is he trying to say here? Can someone who speaks Magaese translate? Rambling mental decline on display for the world to see

“Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, and I was, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, child care is child care is. Couldn't, you know, there's something, you have to have it – in this country you have to have it.

But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to — but they'll get used to it very quickly – and it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Uh, those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care.

We're gonna have - I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with, uh, the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about.

We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care, uh, is talked about as being expensive, it's, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we're a failing nation, so we'll take care of it. Thank you. Very good question. Thank you.”

Tax foreign countries imports as a means to help mitigate the cost of child care.

If you truly want Housing prices to drop, deregulation is the only actual pathway to that. These Goverment review agencies are an absolute joke. They push out review times constantly and hit everyone from Developers down to homeowners with very burdensome fees. It takes us about 5 months in Durham just to get a subdivision approved. Another 6 months for Construction drawings, another 6 months for an annexation if needed, its crazy. The people reviewing the plans have generally never seen one before. The don't actually know what's important for safety and constructability of a project. They just follow a checklist, that nobody knows who made. Tax funded "free money" isn't the answer. They arent hired on credentials alone. The process can be changed for the better without actual worsening of the home product.
I think you're on the right concept but wrong idea. Housing prices are insane because zoning is a nightmare, but the answer is not more 800k 5 bed 5 bath subdivisions built for generations that have less kids than the prior ones who barely can afford rent in the few apartments out there or smaller homes. Zoning needs to allow for denser housing and businesses in downtown areas and focus on walkability while allowing suburbs to be balanced, but fair to their communities. Regulation needs to be put up against investors from buying entire neighborhoods and selling them for higher with no change or renting them at exploitative rates.

Or gut these dumb zoning regulations that prevent us from building in already urban areas…. Screw those ITB Raleigh ass holes. No one wants a never ending soulless sea of suburban crap, you can build livelier cheaper and more robust cities if you gutted some of those NIMBY regulations. That and we have millions of vacant homes in this country, the problem isn’t supply it’s supply that’s for sale… which a lot of it that should be isn’t.

What is the benefit of the review process being so long?

Trump wins PA, its checkmate. No if an butts.
If Kamala wins PA, Trump can still win, but would need a Wisc or Mi win.
They will tie at 269 each and not reach 270. If she wins PA,NV and Michigan. He wins GA,AZ, Wisc.
The house would then select next president. Talk about civil chaos.

Trump wins PA, its checkmate. No if an butts.
If Kamala wins PA, Trump can still win, but would need a Wisc or Mi win.
They will tie at 269 each and not reach 270. If she wins PA,NV and Michigan. He wins GA,AZ, Wisc.
The house would then select next president. Talk about civil chaos.
It's going to be chaos no matter how this goes. Neither side will be willing to accept defeat.

I think you're on the right concept but wrong idea. Housing prices are insane because zoning is a nightmare, but the answer is not more 800k 5 bed 5 bath subdivisions built for generations that have less kids than the prior ones who barely can afford rent in the few apartments out there or smaller homes. Zoning needs to allow for denser housing and businesses in downtown areas and focus on walkability while allowing suburbs to be balanced, but fair to their communities. Regulation needs to be put up against investors from buying entire neighborhoods and selling them for higher with no change or renting them at exploitative rates.
You see the 5 bedroom homes but miss the apartment complex down the street? The developers will build any product they can that turns a profit, right now yeah they have to build bigger to turn a profit because the regulations take up so much money there is no profit to be made on solely small layout homes In a given subdivision. They would love to build smaller houses in greater density, they are not allowed to do that. The decision makers in the local government want less development and more parks, yet somehow the parks don't get built either. You will continue to see the suburbs blow up with subdivisions until the more urban counties change their agendas. The developers will find the soft spots. Notice I didn't post my credentials

It's going to be chaos no matter how this goes. Neither side will be willing to accept defeat.
Your probbaly correct unfortunately. I will have no problem accepting and many on both sides, if they will make sure to do everything above board,show the receipts. Have onlookers.
When you see the establishment accepting illegals to vote, long counting on the night of elections in ATL,Philly,Detroit,Phoenix and Milwaukee. It does nothing to alleviate my concerns. Charlotte,Raleigh,Nashville,Birmingham,Indianapolis, etc get it done an over in a few hours. Even NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back