• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I'd actually go as far as to say that the inflation story really ended two years ago, it just took to the spring of 2023 for official confirmation that it ended in July 2022, at least in my eyes.

This definitely wouldn't be a popular take, but it's just how I see it largely on my own opinion and through reading the numbers. There's been some exceptions, but most of the monthly numbers for over a year at this point translate to a 2-2.5 yearly inflation number.

Now I will admit that the problem with 2022 is that it was the worst inflation since the 1970s and not many people have dealt with that.
Who did the story end for the media? It sure hasn't ended the suffering many are still going through and will for some time

Who did the story end for the media? It sure hasn't ended the suffering many are still going through and will for some time
Not enough talk or attention to housing either. It's barely leveling off and creeping down now but has been rising terribly for awhile and picked up around covid. That's another factor of inflation that really hurts between mortgages and rent. The highest cost for everyone who didn't own a house already is still getting worse with barely any relief seen.

1726606155625.png
This contest may be more interesting that the actual election. Lara Looney has moved up in the latest polls and has a slight lead over MTG and Habba Dadda. Happy Ending Bobbie and Miss Lindsay have fallen way behind but still haven’t dropped out of the race

Not enough talk or attention to housing either. It's barely leveling off and creeping down now but has been rising terribly for awhile and picked up around covid. That's another factor of inflation that really hurts between mortgages and rent. The highest cost for everyone who didn't own a house already is still getting worse with barely any relief seen.
Yes.....My wife owns her real estate business and its feast or famine. We invest in rental properties as well and have ridiculous competition from foreign investors. Indians are buying everything around here

Is inflation lower now than last year....was it lower last year than the year before that? No one is saying it is lower or the same as it was 4 years ago....only that things continue to get better.

Depends.

I'd actually go as far as to say that the inflation story really ended two years ago, it just took to the spring of 2023 for official confirmation that it ended in July 2022, at least in my eyes.

This definitely wouldn't be a popular take, but it's just how I see it largely on my own opinion and through reading the numbers. There's been some exceptions, but most of the monthly numbers for over a year at this point translate to a 2-2.5 yearly inflation number.

Now I will admit that the problem with 2022 is that it was the worst inflation since the 1970s and not many people have dealt with that.

Not to be ugly, but this opinion is about as out of touch as I’ve seen on here.

Inflation is getting back under control, the storm has been weathered. Inflation is at a 3 year low and continues to trend downward, feds are going to cut interest rates this month, gas price are coming down, stock market in record high territory. So whether you like it or not things are getting better....the covid shutdowns etc were unprecedented in modern times, causing global supply issues and inflation...the US continues to lead the world in recovery from that.
As explained in the previous example.....what you are saying is....

I continue to gain weight, year over year, however, my annual % increase is slowing. I started at 280, moved to 300, then to 318, and have now settled at 325.....so I'm skinny!!! Nah bud, you still a fat ass.

Is inflation lower now than last year....was it lower last year than the year before that? No one is saying it is lower or the same as it was 4 years ago....only that things continue to get better.
Inflation continues to rise, so no, its not getting better. The damn question has been answered, even on an elementary level, and you still can't grasp it. It's sad. Sheep will be sheep.

Inflation continues to rise, so no, its not getting better. The damn question has been answered, even on an elementary level, and you still can't grasp it. It's sad. Sheep will be sheep.

You’re not stating this correctly.
1. Inflation has not continued to rise. Inflation has fallen to 2.5%, which is its lowest since the 1.7% of Feb of 2021.

2. Prices are continuing to rise and will keep doing so until inflation goes down to 0 or below (deflation), which are both rare. That hasn’t happened since 2015. Often, deflation is sign of a weak economy/market crashes like it was in 2009.

I grasp it, the current inflation rate is almost back down to the historic average year over year rate the Fed targets of 2%...this is lower than at any other point in the last 3 years thus inflation is lowering....typically in a good economy inflation is always rising, thus the Fed goal of keeping inflation rise to around 2%....which the US inflation is currently getting close to being at....

1. Inflation has fallen to 2.5%, which is its lowest since the 1.7% of Feb of 2021.

2. Prices are continuing to rise and will keep doing so until inflation goes down to 0 or below (deflation), which are both rare. That hasn’t happened since 2015. Often, deflation is sign of a weak economy/market crashes like it was in 2009.
Damage has been done and I don't see anybody out there dancing in the street because prices aren't skyrocketing like they were. You think people who's credit card bills have reached critical levels are breathing a sigh of relief? The answer is NO.

Damage has been done and I don't see anybody out there dancing in the street because prices aren't skyrocketing like they were. You think people who's credit card bills have reached critical levels are breathing a sigh of relief? The answer is NO.

I was just correcting RoddyPiper after he arrogantly answered Downeast with misinformation.

I grasp it, the current inflation rate is almost back down to the historic average year over year rate the Fed targets of 2%...this is lower than at any other point in the last 3 years thus inflation is lowering....typically in a good economy inflation is always rising, thus the Fed goal of keeping inflation rise to around 2%....which the US inflation is currently getting close to being at....
🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

1. Inflation has not continued to rise. Inflation has fallen to 2.5%, which is its lowest since the 1.7% of Feb of 2021.

🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑

Back