• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

There’s no pride to be had in 2.5 percent inflation. Things are still going up but not as much isn’t a great platform to have to have. As you guys have pointed out, it’s still inflation

The inflation rate under Trump averaged around 2%...but was as high as 2.5%. The Fed target for inflation is 2% so the current inflation level are back down to near pre covid levels...

I respect Chris Cuomo for calling Trump to see how he’s going. He talked about calling him on his show:

“You can think what you want about Trump,” Cuomo said. “He doesn’t have many more full-throated critics of what he says and does than me. And yet, I called him today because I am ashamed of how we are responding and not responding to the threats on him. I feel for his family. You can roll your eyes and say, ‘Oh yeah, poor Trump.’ But that’s your choice, and I think it’s the wrong choice.”

Cuomo also lauded Trump’s bravery for being in public at all: “If I had been through what that guy has been through in the last two months, you wouldn’t know where I am. You would never see me on TV again. No way I would do that. How does he do it?”

Throughout, Cuomo pleaded for a toning-down of the political rhetoric that reflexively vilifies the other side, no matter what side you’re on.

Might be the only intelligent thing that quack has ever said.

Its ok to kill her baby, but poor poor woman when she dies from her attempted murder.....get out of here with that nonsense. Don't kill your child with drugs and you don't have to worry about it.

She died because people were fearful to treat her because of asinine laws. Sadly hers is not a isolated case as more and more women have to almost die to get treatment after suffering miscarriages, it's cruel.

An adverse reaction to a pill and/or medical incompetence at a hospital has nothing to do with the legality of abortion in Georgia. And reading a bit deeper into the story...Amber Thurman's abortion was elective, her health was never in danger UNTIL she opted to abort her pregnancy. Again, that is no fault of Georgia's law. The rallying cry is that Thurman's death was preventable...while that is true, it isn't for the reasons being presented by Kamala and the MSM.

Mother to a young son, she was hoping to attend nursing school and “quickly decided she needed to preserve her newfound stability"

Last edited:
An adverse reaction to a pill and/or medical incompetence at a hospital has nothing to do with the legality of abortion in Georgia. And reading a bit deeper into the story...Amber Thurman's abortion was elective, her health was never in danger UNTIL she opted to abort her pregnancy. Again, that is no fault of Georgia's law. The rallying cry is that Thurman's death was preventable...while that is true, it isn't for the reasons being presented by Kamala and the MSM.

Mother to a young son, she was hoping to attend nursing school and “quickly decided she needed to preserve her newfound stability"

She should have the right to preserve her new found stability. Mark Robinson sure took that option.

Last edited:
There’s no pride to be had in 2.5 percent inflation. Things are still going up but not as much isn’t a great platform to have to have. As you guys have pointed out, it’s still inflation
You generally don't want to see deflation - it's worse than inflation by a wide margin. Keeping year over year inflation at or below 2% is an acceptable goal, when pricing is stable. But the key is to look at the volatility, and right now, it's not considered stable, though we are making good gains due to the increase in interest rates. To prove my point, look at the deflationary periods on this chart. The Great Depression is one of them. You're not going to ameliorate the cost of living increases over the last few years until many years of 2% inflation rates occur and incomes increase faster than 2%.
Screenshot 2024-09-18 130758.jpg

It's a bad take. However if you weigh public opinion there's lots of support for tighter gun restrictions and that grows after every shooting.
If she gets in and does that there will be major trouble. Another thing is what her definition of safe is. My take is that what she thinks is safe is no guns being in someone's home at all. So, no hunting or self defense in this country if she does it.

Back