• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

There are exactly zero Democrats out there saying that trump should be shot or that he must be stopped with violence. Or anyone saying they’re glad this almost attack happened.

No one has or currently is calling for any violence towards him.

The absolute last thing I want for this country is for Trump to get killed yet people say that in this thread all the time.

Right?! Attempt #2 failed, so its back to the smear campaign. When everything pops off, you better hope you are on the RIGHT side of things, not the LEFT.
IF they kill him it will change this country forever. Not because it's Donald Trump but because it shows what lengths people will go to silence his supporters and that's a LOT of people. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would come home to the sh*t I see from people in this country since I retired from service in 2017. When I got back from deployment in 2010 my wife told me to prepare for the change I was going to see. The Obama affect has turned this country upside down in terms of how radical it has become. He said he was going to do it and has had. It's sad......

I encourage some of you to watch the Shawn Ryan interview with Tulsi Gabbard he put up today. It's one of his best so far and she puts the darkness of the Democrat party on full display

It's blowing up on twitter.....I think he said the n word hard r. I can't imagine what else he would have said their instead of migrant.

I looked at your link with 30% of normal motion over and over. I can even more clearly see that his lips momentarily close when I believe he was making an “M” sound. You can also go back a few seconds and compare to when he said “months”. One can see his lips momentarily close similarly to make the M sound. It isn’t possible to make an N sound unless lips are open.

I looked at your link with 30% of normal motion over and over. I can even more clearly see that his lips momentarily close when I believe he was making an “M” sound. You can also go back a few seconds and compare to when he said “months”. One can see his lips momentarily close similarly to make the M sound. It isn’t possible to make an N sound unless lips are open.
I don’t know who this guy is but it sounds like mistakes I’ve seen people make with pronunciation when they get twisted or rushed in thought. He said gee for geese as well for what it’s worth

I don’t know who this guy is but it sounds like mistakes I’ve seen people make with pronunciation when they get twisted or rushed in thought. He said gee for geese as well for what it’s worth

A conservative like you doesn’t know who Rich Lowry is? That’s surprising. He used to be on Fox News a lot.

Anyway, I prefer to determine what I think is the answer with my own eyes and ears, which is what I did to determine he didn’t say the “N” word. At the time I had not seen anyone else defend him.

Since then, Lowry has defended himself:

This, alone, wouldn’t have mattered that much to me because people lie all of the time. What mattered to me is the evidence I saw and heard on my own.

A conservative like you doesn’t know who Rich Lowry is? That’s surprising. He used to be on Fox News a lot.

Anyway, I prefer to determine what I think is the answer with my own eyes and ears, which is what I did to determine he didn’t say the “N” word. At the time I had not seen anyone else defend him.

Since then, Lowry has defended himself:

This, alone, wouldn’t have mattered that much to me because people lie all of the time. What mattered to me is the evidence I saw and heard on my own.

I don't know who he is either tbh.

Yep they will try to make it illegal to cross state lines to get abortions. Vance literally supports the concept of preventing women from leaving Ohio to get abortions in other states.

Nice to see this place hasn't changed while I was gone. Not having internet access in the Canadian forest for 2 weeks was really nice. Y'all want some moose meat? Anyway....

Post Labor Day and post debate the run to Election Day is shaping up. Listening to the debate and later watching it was not what I expected. Trump's campaign which for over a year was as professional and well-run as a campaign could be has completely fallen apart. The campaign staff have lost control over the candidate and it's laid bare for everyone to see. Harris did a good job of not answering the debate questions all that well which should have been an opening for a measured Trump to carve out his place. Not so. The old man can't control himself.

The Harris/Walz campaign is full steam ahead with building the "big tent." They're counting on voters' desire for normalcy to outweigh her shortcomings. Will it be enough? Perhaps. Polling is probably more precise this cycle in not undercounting Trump voters and the only question as far as popular vote goes is how much she wins by. Swing states still look swing-y to a degree. NC is very interesting as several high profile races are trending towards D runaways. How many voters will split the ticket to vote for a D Governor or AG and R President? How many will only vote for an R President and leave the rest blank? It an PA are toss-ups.

A more interesting tidbit that may or may not mean much are states like Iowa and Texas. No real chance to go D in the election but Harris is outrunning Biden by 10-15 percentage points from before he dropped out. With the Trump campaign pushing hard to turn out his "base" the Harris campaign is making a run for lots of rural voters. One reason is they simply have so much money available they can't spend it all in swing states. Courting the rural white voter that wants no part of Trump's antics is a very interesting strategy and one that really can only be pulled off in a situation like this where it won't detract from must win states. *If* Harris/Walz touch 40% or more of the white vote, they win and it won't be particularly close. Lots of time ahead and we shall see.

Back