• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Wow opened the So.wx page over the weekend and this forum is back. Hope it can stay up. Anyway, I too followed the weekend's events closely just like everyone else here. I don't have any magic pill insight over and above what has already been stated here or via other avenues. However, I do have a friend who was a spook for 29 years. He was a station chief at several over seas locations. He would have been one of the individuals responsible for POTUS security when a POTUS visited. He also did not offer up anything earth shattering accept to say the mistake of not securing that building does not happen. Direct line of sight at 150 yards with no visual obstructions on elevated platform. Should have been secured. (again not earth shattering) He ended by saying something is very very wrong. Again, (for the third time) not earth shattering but was interesting to hear his take.
Odd thing is how did the kid know the building wasn't secured? I'm pretty sure he didn't haul a ladder around with an AR in tow looking for the best spot.

I don’t know guns, and don’t wade in these murky waters here much. But I’ve heard several Poole saying the AR-15, is not a very accurate gun for this kind of shot?
I could have you shooting baseball size groups with that rifle in a half hour of instruction and that's with no scope. 25 of those minutes spent on teaching you proper breathing technique

A counterpoint to that would be to say our federal government is made up of mostly ordinary people just like you and I. The few politically appointed department heads may set an agenda but by and large it’s people down the chain working every day to keep the institutions running that govern us in our daily lives.

In my opinion a lot of what we see as dysfunctional government or interests not being represented comes from our elections process not keeping up with the times. The last congressional reapportionment was nearly a century ago leading to districts with far too many people in them. Along with these huge districts you get expensive campaigns which further filter the candidates through the primary process that in itself is not representative of the “average” voter. As I said elsewhere I don’t believe our two party system is going anywhere nor is the first-past-the-post voting most of us deal with. However if we make changes to the way we apportion our districts and clean up the primary process I really think we’d all feel much better represented.
I beleive most head to DC left an right with sincere intentions for their beleifs, idealogy, what voters elect them for . But once they arrive, the higher ups send the wolves out for them, so they can control them. Whether its through K Street lobbyist,corrupt folks inside the 3 letter agencies etc. Why the feds need to be knocked down several notches and the states take more initiative govern themselves. Will put more power in the hands of the citizens who elect them.

A counterpoint to that would be to say our federal government is made up of mostly ordinary people just like you and I. The few politically appointed department heads may set an agenda but by and large it’s people down the chain working every day to keep the institutions running that govern us in our daily lives.

In my opinion a lot of what we see as dysfunctional government or interests not being represented comes from our elections process not keeping up with the times. The last congressional reapportionment was nearly a century ago leading to districts with far too many people in them. Along with these huge districts you get expensive campaigns which further filter the candidates through the primary process that in itself is not representative of the “average” voter. As I said elsewhere I don’t believe our two party system is going anywhere nor is the first-past-the-post voting most of us deal with. However if we make changes to the way we apportion our districts and clean up the primary process I really think we’d all feel much better represented.
I agree. While I'd love to see less special interest and lobbying in Washington DC I don't believe in any secret global cabal that smuggles kids through a pizza restaurant and advertises them on wish.com. JFKjr ain't coming back lol. The overwhelming majority of the time the most simple answer is the correct answer. What you can see with your own eyes is reality. Unfortunately, as great as having the internet in our lives is, there is also an increasing byproduct of conspiracy that has been proven to be fueled by bot farms from our enemies over in China & Russia. No where do we see this more than in politics on platforms like Twitter. Their obvious goal is to mislead and sow discord amongst our populous. There is a certain segment of our population drawn to it that is predisposed to becoming part of a cult and this is no different. The interent allows this misinformation to reach into the homes of those that are susceptible. The variables of the individuals they target: (a) generalized ego-weakness and emotional vulnerability (b) propensities toward dissociative states (c) tenuous, deteriorated, or nonexistent family relationships and support systems (d) inadequate means of dealing with exigencies of survival. The number of people who fall into category (c) has only grown with the internet. While this group overall is only a small minority they are often the loudest (on both sides of the aisle) and therefore often seen as larger than what they actually represent.

I wonder how the sentencing of Trump will go now that trying to kill him didn't take. I hope that biased hack of a judge uses some common sense that has alluded him thus far as it is obviously not very difficult to dig up people willing to take one for the team these days. Sad state of affairs but the country we still live in unfortunately.......

That’s interesting but not surprising coming from the judge. The classified documents case is really the only one against him where he was absolutely going to be convicted unless the judge pulled a fast one. Would expect it to be appealed.

We have all been increasingly valuable commodities of the government since the inception of the income tax. There are only 2 conclusions to draw in the aftermath of the assassination attempt on Trump:

1) Total incompetence of the SS
2) Complicity in the SS

I'm leaning towards number 1, but neither are good.

Odd thing is how did the kid know the building wasn't secured? I'm pretty sure he didn't haul a ladder around with an AR in tow looking for the best spot.
Sandbar, my guess is that is what he meant when he stated something is wrong wrong wrong.

All I will say is everyone's eyes should be open. Conspiracy Theories can not be trusted at face value, but use your personal reasoning to make decisions. If what you are seeing and hearing from the establishment does not make sense, much like covid, you should question it. There's nothing wrong with independent thinking, even when people try to dissuade you from it. We all pay into this system, we all are a part of it. Personally it's become obvious to me the manipulations that are taking place, but for many people it's easier to just swallow what they are fed. It would be great for this board to be more original thought and less regurgitation this time around.

I don’t know guns, and don’t wade in these murky waters here much. But I’ve heard several Poole saying the AR-15, is not a very accurate gun for this kind of shot?

AR-15s are quite good for long range shooting. Prime example of it's effectiveness when I saw body worn camera on a police officer one-tap a suspect 183 yards away (video on YouTube - Police activity channel).

You guys think Trump will stop calling for violence against his political enemies?

Last edited:
You guys think Trump will stop calling for violence against his political enemies?
Haha its a trick question, of course he won't.
I'd like to see a speech where he is calling for violence against his political enemies. There are lots of soundbites taken out of context that people seem to believe, for some reason, like the bloodbath comment.

Regarding the whole notion of conspiracy theories, we have a political climate now where common sense is considered a conspiracy theory.

The more we are told things by politicians and the media that turn out over time to be lies, the more we should doubt what they say. That's natural. Unfortunately, doubting the official narrative gets you labeled as a right wing lunatic conspiracy theorist. This is wrong. And I'm glad people are finally starting to observe that it is wrong. And I'm glad some of the lies have become so obvious that more people now have no choice but to acknowledge it.

This is going to be an interesting next few weeks. I've talked to a few guys "I know" this morning to maybe get any information I couldn't get off of video footage. IF this isn't an inside job it will be devastating to the secret service because this was a monumental failure all around. Main points to think about.....

This was a failure as soon as that first bullet flew. That should 100% never happen EVER, PERIOD, END OF STORY.

The security perimeter they set up was a F'ng joke. It should have been 4-5 times larger than what i am being told it was and that is on the advance team. Are they all of a sudden this incompetent? leads me to wonder

The extract was subpar and an absolute joke. IF there had been a second shooter Trump is a dead man today. They should have broken his legs dragging him to that car

From what I am hearing Trump was denied the proper SS protection. If that's true among conflicted info the director had better be fired yesterday

I can tell you as a man who spent his adult life in war, if that bullet had been on point and killed him this nation would be on fire right now. Was that the intention?

I'd like to see a speech where he is calling for violence against his political enemies. There are lots of soundbites taken out of context that people seem to believe, for some reason, like the bloodbath comment.
What did Trump say the day they were chanting to kill the VP on his behalf?

Back