• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I think it's maybe not so much a matter of this person being covertly used by the deep state to try and assassinate Trump but more of it being either gross incompetence by authorities meant to protect or some kind of purposeful standing down by authorities. The latter would be the most likely conspiracy, if there is one.
The advance team is the first to answer questions because they F'd up big-time. They are in charge of securing the site before the detail team comes in and they clearly did not which is mind boggling to me. I then want to know if any DEI hires could have contributed to the poor actions because I saw DEI hires amongst them and that matters ( I appreciate anybody willing to do that job but......). My third question is why the shooter wasn't taken out until multiple shots had been fired when I 100% know they had a scope or multiple scopes on that roof. They need to do several department reviews now because Trump was not protected and people will lie to cover their asses. I have texted with a half dozen guys today who were former teammates of mine. Some of the best snipers in the world and we all came to the same conclusion. The math isn't matching on the end that we know because it was our job to know. At this point I'm 99.99999% sure we won't get to the truth

The advance team is the first to answer questions because they F'd up big-time. They are in charge of securing the site before the detail team comes in and they clearly did not which is mind boggling to me. I then want to know if any DEI hires could have contributed to the poor actions because I saw DEI hires amongst them and that matters ( I appreciate anybody willing to do that job but......). My third question is why the shooter wasn't taken out until multiple shots had been fired when I 100% know they had a scope or multiple scopes on that roof. They need to do several department reviews now because Trump was not protected and people will lie to cover their asses. I have texted with a half dozen guys today who were former teammates of mine. Some of the best snipers in the world and we all came to the same conclusion. The math isn't matching on the end that we know because it was our job to know. At this point I'm 99.99999% sure we won't get to the truth
There's no answer you can give that is a satisfactory answer to the question of why they shooter wasn't dealt with before being allowed to shoot. It is a mistake if his presence is unknown. It's on purpose if his presence is known. Maybe there was confusion. Maybe somebody froze. But if the shooter's presence was known before taking a shot, then I don't feel like there's going to be much of a comforting answer that's going to come out of this.

Last edited:
Yeah, you would have to guess it was just an oversight (..incompetence) not to react to this person climbing on the roof. That would be a huge conspiracy if there was a "turning a blind eye" situation.
130yards is nothing really. Look around and guesstimate how far your neighbor 4 doors down is. It's probably not as far as you think. Then imagine a dude crawling on the roof that close to an Ex president and his security detail and how they didn't notice!

As a deer hunter I've made shots over 400+ yards and killed the deer. This dude was a piss poor shot.

Last edited:
There's no answer you can give that is a satisfactory answer to the question of why they shooter wasn't dealt with before being allowed to shoot. It is a mistake if his presence is unknown. It's on purpose if his presence is known. Maybe there was confusion. Maybe somebody froze. But if the shooter's presence was known before taking a shot, then I don't feel like there's going to be much of a comforting answer that's going to come out of this.
Some major details just dropped.

The local sheriff's received a call for a suspicious person and was investigating it. The 2 officers went to building and one hoisted the other up where he saw the gunman and the gunman pointed the gun at the officer and he dropped the roof to avoid being shot. The gunman then turned and opened fire so his poor shooting was probably because he knew he was seen and his time was short.

The presser with SS regarding the convention was not very assuring. Good God. The attitude was strange. Even the media was asking them about doing something different since the shooting yesterday. They were like NOPE. We got this. Crazy times.
Also Biden just spoke but I really couldn't understand what all he was saying. Overall, it was about no place for violence. Super short, sweet and a bit strange just like every dang thing in our worlds is now.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow if Trump picks an establishment type VP or more maga VP.
Hate to go down this route but I think most people understand after this election the VP for whichever ticket is more likely to be called to serve the office of President than at any time in living memory. Biden has noticeably declined since late 2022 and Trump is well on his way too. Arguably in worse physical condition than Biden was at his age.

It still absolutely baffles me that the national parties have gone along with these two at their age. Closed state primaries obviously play a part especially on the GOP side with the evangelical voters always showing up at the ballot box. IMO we would see much higher quality candidates across the board if in the future we can move to open primaries nationally. FPTP and our two party system isn't going anywhere but that just might get us back in the realm of more normal politics.

The local sheriff's received a call for a suspicious person and was investigating it. The 2 officers went to building and one hoisted the other up where he saw the gunman and the gunman pointed the gun at the officer and he dropped the roof to avoid being shot. The gunman then turned and opened fire so his poor shooting was probably because he knew he was seen and his time was short.
One thing I forgot to mention is the communication chain. The counter snipers on that roof should have taken him out before he ever got off a single shot. Coms would confirm immediately that a " potential" shooter was on the roof because they saw him and they take him out in a split second. The kill shot came an eternity after the last shot. That is gross negligence on someones shoulders. I saw no drone, no technology to spot 1 moron. Unbelievable

One thing I forgot to mention is the communication chain. The counter snipers on that roof should have taken him out before he ever got off a single shot. Coms would confirm immediately that a " potential" shooter was on the roof because they saw him and they take him out in a split second. The kill shot came an eternity after the last shot. That is gross negligence on someones shoulders. I saw no drone, no technology to spot 1 moron. Unbelievable
Would SS be tied into local sheriff comms?

It will be interesting to see tomorrow if Trump picks an establishment type VP or more maga VP.
If he picks JD Vance he will lose the election. He doesnt add a single vote to the ticket. Dems will have endless ads playing on Vance ripping Trump. He won by 6.5% in Ohio when DeWine was winning by more than 20%. Vance is a grifter who only appeals to Trumps already solid base. DeSantis or Rubio would help the ticket but they have electoral college problems. If he wants to win Pick Youngkin or Tulsi Gabbard. Nikki Haley guarantees he wins but he wont pick her. Vance is the one pick that will lose him the election.

If he picks JD Vance he will lose the election. He doesnt add a single vote to the ticket. Dems will have endless ads playing on Vance ripping Trump. He won by 6.5% in Ohio when DeWine was winning by more than 20%. Vance is a grifter who only appeals to Trumps already solid base. DeSantis or Rubio would help the ticket but they have electoral college problems. If he wants to win Pick Youngkin or Tulsi Gabbard. Nikki Haley guarantees he wins but he wont pick her. Vance is the one pick that will lose him the election.
Vance polls horribly with women, which Trump would need to win. Don't really agree with Gabbard. She has some weird stuff going on with her past comments on Russia and appearances on Russian TV channels. That would not play well in a general election.

On the flip side, I still think Harris is a stronger candidate than Biden provided she had enough runway to have a campaign. If she actually ran on who she was prior to her failed run for President it would pose an interesting choice with a tough on crime Democrat candidate. IMO she got bad coaching and didn't really sound like DA Harris or Senator Harris in the last cycle. Her life story and policies are more suited to a general election than a partisan primary.

My biggest issue with all of this besides the senseless loss of life and the threat against democracy is all of the farcies being spread. If this would have happened to a democrat the media would be in an uproar and condemning everything and everyone. Since it was Trump, there are all the stories of it being staged and not really happening. If Trump is responsible for Jan 6 , where he clearly asked for peaceful protests, I’ll have to say the current administration is responsible for this attempt. If you disagree then I would think you are blind or a hypocrite!

Hate to go down this route but I think most people understand after this election the VP for whichever ticket is more likely to be called to serve the office of President than at any time in living memory. Biden has noticeably declined since late 2022 and Trump is well on his way too. Arguably in worse physical condition than Biden was at his age.

It still absolutely baffles me that the national parties have gone along with these two at their age. Closed state primaries obviously play a part especially on the GOP side with the evangelical voters always showing up at the ballot box. IMO we would see much higher quality candidates across the board if in the future we can move to open primaries nationally. FPTP and our two party system isn't going anywhere but that just might get us back in the realm of more normal politics.
My old establishment self says pick Youngkin. But if he's going for non-traditional, he might need to go for Tulsi.

130yards is nothing really. Look around and guesstimate how far your neighbor 4 doors down is. It's probably not as far as you think. Then imagine a dude crawling on the roof that close to an Ex president and his security detail and how they didn't notice!

As a deer hunter I've made shots over 400+ yards and killed the deer. This dude was a piss poor shot.

That is what I told my wife yesterday when when I was trying to explain that that there was absolutely no reason that building wasn’t locked down. Several years ago I made a 100-110 yard shot from my porch hitting a small deer with iron sights and I’m no where near an excellent shot nor do I shoot a lot. That distance isn’t far at all for anyone who can shoot half decent.

That makes a lot of sense with how it seemed to play out.

I think all of us are asking the same questions about this incident. Whether you have experience in law enforcement or security, or you are just an average Joe, surely several people walked up on that stage and looked out and had to notice certain areas that could provide a line of sight for a shooter. I just can't comprehend how those who do this for a living, and are supposed to be elite, did not see that area and realize that a law enforcement presence of some kind was needed. And maybe they did and someone was asleep at their job, or there was poor communication, but I can't fathom how someone was able to get on top of a building so close.

Whether you are liberal, conservative etc... we are the American people deserve answers. For the Secret service not to at least come forward and answer questions......even saying "This is an ongoing investigation" is absurd in my opinion. This is a massive failure no matter how you look at it, or what side of the aisle you are on.

Finally, I hope that we tone down our rhetoric as a nation. We are so divided and many simply cant agree to disagree. The Country is not going to end if Trump is elected, nor is it going to end if Biden is re-elected. I would say more about what all has been said, but I would like for this thread to continue and do not want to cause this thread to get locked or start some argument. Bottom line, this was a massive failure to protect Trump and I think we as the American people deserve answers. Just think about how much unrest would happen in our country if something did happen to Trump or Biden, or any elected official in our political climate today. I am not sure we get the answers, but we deserve to know how this went wrong and people should be held responsible.

The 20-year-old assassin was an Antifa operative who donated to the democrats, registered to vote in the republican primaries against Trump, featured in a BlackRock commercial, carried a rifle to a secured rally, climbed a wall to a known UNSECURED building that happened to have a ladder waiting there for him and ends up being a wanna-be suicidal sniper?? And, now explosives were found in his car?

Back