• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I mean, the COVID vaccine is w/e, but unless I'm totally mistaken, his doubts on vaccines go further on that, and I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that is an extremely, extremely dangerous.

Vaccines such as the ones for whooping cough and measles have eradicated the disease when taken, yet you see doubts over the vaccine causing a resurgence in these diseases.
Measles and whooping cough are not high mortality diseases and the side effects from the vaccines are far more harmful and permanent than the actual illness. Take them if you want to, but they should not be forced. Also, the increase in these diseases is largely due to unvetted, illegal aliens.

Those vaccines took decades of testing to make them work. The covid vaccines were rushed without enough testing. That is a big difference.

Check out RFK jr's Book "The Real Anthony Fauci" to learn more about vaccines and how they work.
Not to mention that it created enormous wealth for Big Pharma, subsidized by the Government in which some influential members of the Government were indirect lobbyists for Big Pharma. They got paid, too.

The Covid vaccine isn’t w/e. It still isn’t FDA approved and the complex has made 80 billion from it.

Sigh.

It's w/e because it's not really our point here. We're saying having doubts about any and all vaccines is a dangerous stance to take.

Viruses that have been eradicated via vaccine need to stay eradicated. They don't need to be making a comeback (which they are) due to vaccine skepticism.

Sigh.

It's w/e because it's not really our point here. We're saying having doubts about any and all vaccines is a dangerous stance to take.

Viruses that have been eradicated via vaccine need to stay eradicated. They don't need to be making a comeback (which they are) due to vaccine skepticism.
Sigh reddit.com gotcha on this one.

Sigh.

Everyone should be free to choose. Vaccines should protect the inoculated, right? Let the rest of us take our chances. And don't roll out the, "take them so that those with compromised immunity, who can't take vaccines, won't get the disease". It is up to those individuals to protect themselves. Besides, after Covid, I don't trust anything from the government or big pharma and very few doctors.

I have noticed an inordinate amount of lip smacking and weird tongue movements at this convention. What kind of a drug makes you do that?

And what's really astonishing is saying things like Trump is going to weaponize the justice system. Or Trump will allow open borders. Or a billionaire bashing wealth inequality. Or a trans woman advocating for women's rights. Or a rich black lady saying thst, unlike Republicans, she looks down on people who have more than they need.

It's unbelievable.
Baby blood obviously

I have noticed an inordinate amount of lip smacking and weird tongue movements at this convention. What kind of a drug makes you do that?

And what's really astonishing is saying things like Trump is going to weaponize the justice system. Or Trump will allow open borders. Or a billionaire bashing wealth inequality. Or a trans woman advocating for women's rights. Or a rich black lady saying thst, unlike Republicans, she looks down on people who have more than they need.

It's unbelievable.
Meth

It's unbelievable.
They're all a bunch of window-lickers.

It's unbelievable.
Deez

I've never seen the Democrats try to appear so Americana.
I’ve been telling y’all there’s a MASSIVE realignment of the parties going on. It’s imprecise to say it’s a left/right realignment though. Rs went through it first going all in on Trump populism (despite that populism appealing to a shrinking demographic) and it kicked off in earnest for the Ds a few months back long before Biden dropped out.

This is a generational realignment. The RNC is now effectively a copy of Eastern European Conservative parties appealing to hardline religious voters. The DNC is going full big-tent not unlike the Clinton era. Younger rural and suburban voters are going to be a huge outreach effort going forward and you’re already seeing it this cycle. I absolutely expect this to tilt the Democratic Party to the center politically. It will still be left leaning but less so than what we’ve seen since 2016.

I can’t stress enough this cycle is *it* for the GOP for the next 10-12 years barring some huge unexpected event. MAGA/Evangelical voters have an iron grip on it and this is reflected in the occasional apocalyptic language we see.

I’ve been telling y’all there’s a MASSIVE realignment of the parties going on. It’s imprecise to say it’s a left/right realignment though. Rs went through it first going all in on Trump populism (despite that populism appealing to a shrinking demographic) and it kicked off in earnest for the Ds a few months back long before Biden dropped out.

This is a generational realignment. The RNC is now effectively a copy of Eastern European Conservative parties appealing to hardline religious voters. The DNC is going full big-tent not unlike the Clinton era. Younger rural and suburban voters are going to be a huge outreach effort going forward and you’re already seeing it this cycle. I absolutely expect this to tilt the Democratic Party to the center politically. It will still be left leaning but less so than what we’ve seen since 2016.

I can’t stress enough this cycle is *it* for the GOP for the next 10-12 years barring some huge unexpected event. MAGA/Evangelical voters have an iron grip on it and this is reflected in the occasional apocalyptic language we see.

I really should probably just focus on work/my other priorities, but I just had to log back in one more time to say I for the most part, completely agree with this.

I'm not sure if you can find a GOP politician that is like Trump in which he has such unique appeal in the rust belt/rurals.

It truly is a MUST win for the GOP if they want to push forward the populism leaning policy they want.

Everyone should be free to choose. Vaccines should protect the inoculated, right? Let the rest of us take our chances. And don't roll out the, "take them so that those with compromised immunity, who can't take vaccines, won't get the disease". It is up to those individuals to protect themselves. Besides, after Covid, I don't trust anything from the government or big pharma and very few doctors.
If a virus or disease is easily prevented by a vaccine yes it's your choice not to have it, but to say and promote that all vaccines including those from the past several decades are killing more than they saved is a null argument. The covid vaccine only helped until covid as a virus mutated and became weaker over time so further need is only for those with bad immune systems that would die if they caught it. I'd rather not take the path of anti vaxxers and bring back diseases that are barely around and risk them mutating into something vaccine resistant. There's science from decades on specific vaccines and if you would like to deny all of the previous ones, then it's just jumping down a dangerous rabbit hole.

I really should probably just focus on work/my other priorities, but I just had to log back in one more time to say I for the most part, completely agree with this.

I'm not sure if you can find a GOP politician that is like Trump in which he has such unique appeal in the rust belt/rurals.

It truly is a MUST win for the GOP if they want to push forward the populism leaning policy they want.
I think you saw the honeymoon ending for this brand of gop. Desantis was crushed in his school board endorsements. I mean 11 of his endorsements beaten, 6 pushed into runoff and only 6 won. The people will begin to reawaken once they see these policies in place.

I think you saw the honeymoon ending for this brand of gop. Desantis was crushed in his school board endorsements. I mean 11 of his endorsements beaten, 6 pushed into runoff and only 6 won. The people will begin to reawaken once they see these policies in place.
What you're not saying is that most of the endorsements were in downtown areas of big Democrat cities. It's not like he was going to win all them anyway.

Back