• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Serious question for Harris supporters, this is what y'all want?

Did the Kamala supporters ever weigh in on this? I was eating dinner, so I may have missed it. We got, Creed, Downeast, Shaggy, Stepehn1974, Ghosts1, Lik, ChrisLetters, AlabamaWxINeverPostJustClownEmoji, CamWx, Lexx did I miss anyone?

Did the Kamala supporters ever weigh in on this? I was eating dinner, so I may have missed it. We got, Creed, Downeast, Shaggy, Stepehn1974, Ghosts1, Lik, ChrisLetters, AlabamaWxINeverPostJustClownEmoji, CamWx, Lexx did I miss anyone?

Lol. Probably also BullCityWx, Broken, and Bird (The 3 Bees lol)(Is Bird still here?), but they are more “Anyone but Trump” than pure Kamala supporters. Are there any pure Kamala supporters here? I’m not counting those who will vote for her as the lesser of two evils.

I'm assuming you will get something like people shouldn't be able to leverage assets to buy assets, billionaires shouldn't exist, it's only fair to redistribute wealth, exclusion will apply to insert whatever they think they would fall in just to name a few

Lol. Probably also BullCityWx, Broken, and Bird (The 3 Bees lol)(Is Bird still here?), but they are more “Anyone but Trump” than pure Kamala supporters. Are there any pure Kamala supporters here? I’m not counting those who will vote for her as the lesser of two evils.
Man, thank you. How could I forget broken and queencity? My apologies to both!

I am split on this. I support Kamela on most of the economic issues, but not on a lot of the other stuff she wants to do. I think she will try to trash the 2nd amendment for 1 thing, and I do not agree with that. I am seeing rumors of other things, but I do not think they will happen.

To his credit, Shetley chimed in. Although I doubt he is a Kamala supporter, in fact, not real sure where he lies other than extremecatastrophicville

I am split on this. I support Kamela on most of the economic issues, but not on a lot of the other stuff she wants to do. I think she will try to trash the 2nd amendment for 1 thing, and I do not agree with that. I am seeing rumors of other things, but I do not think they will happen.
Why are you in favor of economic calamity and another great depression?

The economic policies that have worked so great the last 4 years??

That 44.6% capital gains tax would be murder on retirees who are living off of their investment portfolios. It would more than double the current highest capital gains tax rate of 20% on short term gains.
I can’t tell if you guys are ignorant or just ---- posting.

These capital gains tax increases are on people making like $1m income plus investment income over $400k and only applies to income above those levels (last thing I remember seeing). I don’t think these people are going to be murdered by a tax increase.

I was gonna ask about this since current admin left it in place. IIRC it was deemed catastrophic 4 years ago 🤷‍♂️
You know what's funny to me everyone hated that first trump tariff on China, I know I did. But just theorizing it probably helped the US during and after covid since so many companies started turning China into a secondary supplier and spreading around the rest of SE Asia into India.

Why are you in favor of economic calamity and another great depression?
I think her economic stuff could work. The UK, France, Germany, and many other countries do these things and seem to be doing ok and are certainly not communist. Canada also has some of these policies and seem to be working there too.

I can’t tell if you guys are ignorant or just ---- posting.

These capital gains tax increases are on people making like $1m income plus investment income over $400k and only applies to income above those levels (last thing I remember seeing). I don’t think these people are going to be murdered by a tax increase.
Welp I'm screwed

I think her economic stuff could work. The UK, France, Germany, and many other countries do these things and seem to be doing ok and are certainly not communist. Canada also has some of these policies and seem to be working there too.
Yeah ok. Wait till the unrealized g/l tax and price controls get rolled out and get back to me.

You know what's funny to me everyone hated that first trump tariff on China, I know I did. But just theorizing it probably helped the US during and after covid since so many companies started turning China into a secondary supplier and spreading around the rest of SE Asia into India.
We probably need to quit depending on China as much. If they quit trading with us right now, we would be in trouble until we could pick up the slack. Covid showed us a little about how things would go when they locked completely down.

The 25% tax on unrealized gains is re-tarded(on any income level) and will never happen. Did Biden or Harris propose that?

Back