• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Limited price controls, and the 28% tax rate would be ok. Not sure about the capital gains tax and no on the unrealized gains.
Price controls aren't a free market but also you have to understand there is never limited anything from the Gov't. They start that and it's down the road of no return

Limited price controls, and the 28% tax rate would be ok. Not sure about the capital gains tax and no on the unrealized gains.
That 44.6% capital gains tax would be murder on retirees who are living off of their investment portfolios. It would more than double the current highest capital gains tax rate of 20% on short term gains.

Last edited:
Make a tax that benefits small businesses and pulls from giants like Apple and Google. A huge tax applied to all businesses would not help small businesses, which we need more of. Unrealized gains taxes are ridiculous when paired with capital gains taxes.

Add one addition that punishes massive investment firms that rob the housing market though. They can't buy more than a certain number of single family houses or they will be taxed significantly more, especially if all they do is increase the price and nothing else.

Reactions: JHS
Make a tax that benefits small businesses and pulls from giants like Apple and Google. A huge tax applied to all businesses would not help small businesses, which we need more of. Unrealized gains taxes are ridiculous when paired with capital gains taxes.

Add one addition that punishes massive investment firms that rob the housing market though. They can't buy more than a certain number of single family houses or they will be taxed significantly more, especially if all they do is increase the price and nothing else.
The one thing that would help small businesses the most is government get out of the way and stop regulating them to death.

I know I'm not qualified on things like his education and the board won't let me use the W word so I'm going to resort to his looks and say WHAT THE HELL does he have on?? LMAO. Mr. Wonderful, what you wearing lovey love?

Great post and I agree with all of this.

The one thing that would help small businesses the most is government get out of the way and stop regulating them to death.
Regulation is needed, but I agree with you about the small businesses though. Big companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple do need some regulation.

Nothin. People hated her until a few weeks ago.

I think a lot of it is just shes not the half dead Biden... I mean the Dems had hit rock bottom after that debate with Trump so literally anything is better

I mean she might do better than Biden in November at the end of the day but until we see what happens in a few weeks that's what I'm assuming

Back