• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Crowd is going crazy. They love Trump and would be pissed if he spoke 15 minutes. He brought it up. Nobody left. Who cares if he attacks people who tried to kill him, jail him, bankrupt him, harm his family and sell us out to any f'ing country that would give them a dam dollar. Tick Tock.

Well past 90 minutes now. He keeps on repeating the same things over and over he said 3 or 4 times earlier in the speech. Going back to the election winning stolen rigged election of 2020.
Why do you watch every speech that you hate and then come in here and post the same mess every single time?

I was hoping it would be a disciplined speech and he had changed.
It will never change, and there is no point in waiting for it. Vote for policy, and only policy. That should make your decision easy. I watch maybe one trump speech/rally per month for the one liners. I have already lived through four years of each administration, we know what to expect.

It will never change, and there is no point in waiting for it. Vote for policy, and only policy. That should make your decision easy. I watch maybe one trump speech/rally per month for the one liners. I have already lived through four years of each administration, we know what to expect.
But the really sad thing is by not changing and trying to replay 2016/20 the results of 2020 wont change either.

Crowd is going crazy. They love Trump and would be pissed if he spoke 15 minutes. He brought it up. Nobody left. Who cares if he attacks people who tried to kill him, jail him, bankrupt him, harm his family and sell us out to any f'ing country that would give them a dam dollar. Tick Tock.
Thats the problem. Trump thinks the adulation he gets at his rambling 2 hour speeches=everyone on earth loves him. When he bizarrely took time out to say he is better looking than Harris there went 2% more of the female vote. He would be far better off doing 3 or 4 small events a day and stop with the insults and who is better looking.

"They love Trump and would be pissed if he spoke 15 minutes." Catering to what the people at his rallies want and not trying to win over a wider group of voters is idiotically stupid.

Yep

Although I think we've already seen the answer months ago here, they do truly believe that this is just a tax on other countries.

People like the idea of tariffs when they have the idea that it's going to return manufacturing to the US, but in reality, it hasn't done anything like that, the only thing it has done is made prices go up.

This does a good job breaking it down:

This is all populist/protectionist leaning stuff and it's just not smart policy. The shame of it is though that today, you have to pander to the populist leaners sadly, so these tariffs haven't been removed.

Yep

Although I think we've already seen the answer months ago here, they do truly believe that this is just a tax on other countries.

People like the idea of tariffs when they have the idea that it's going to return manufacturing to the US, but in reality, it hasn't done anything like that, the only thing it has done is made prices go up.

This does a good job breaking it down:

This is all populist/protectionist leaning stuff and it's just not smart policy. The shame of it is though that today, you have to pander to the populist leaners sadly, so these tariffs haven't been removed.

Just as some prices are dropping we could see another crunch added again.

Back