• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Ha that's probably the last time I was there. If you go and get a decent steak, a drink, and a dessert, it'll set you back somewhere in the neighborhood of $100. That used to be the case, at least. It's a good steak. The cheese and crackers are free and are awesome. Sullivan's has a better steak, though, IMO...although they are a chain.
Those crackers, cheese, and round peppers are fantastic!!!

I will go and just eat that and spend my money on the drinks in the lounge

I don’t recall this being posted: Do any non-Dems here think this was a notable accomplishment in the battle against inflation? What do you think about allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices?

Biden, Harris hail Medicare drug price cuts that will save billions​

The United States has negotiated down the prices of 10 top-selling prescription drugs used by Medicare by as much as 79%, hoping to save $6 billion in the first year as part of a plan hailed on Thursday by President Joe Biden with the aim to ease anger about high prices ahead of November elections.
Biden's signature Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law in 2022, was the first to allow Medicare to negotiate prices for some of the most costly drugs that the program covers for 66 million people. The new prices will go into effect in 2026.

I don’t recall this being posted: Do any non-Dems here think this was a notable accomplishment in the battle against inflation? What do you think about allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices?

The United States has negotiated down the prices of 10 top-selling prescription drugs used by Medicare by as much as 79%, hoping to save $6 billion in the first year as part of a plan hailed on Thursday by President Joe Biden with the aim to ease anger about high prices ahead of November elections.
Biden's signature Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law in 2022, was the first to allow Medicare to negotiate prices for some of the most costly drugs that the program covers for 66 million people. The new prices will go into effect in 2026.

I'm sure parts of the act was beneficial to certain segments.. but the main purpose of the act was to decrease inflation, which really hasn't happened.

Trump was the first to enact this. It's just Biden taking credit for something Trump started.

I was thinking Trump had done something as well but I couldn't recall
The main thing he wanted was hospitals to publish their prices for procedures so that patients could shop around. The hospitals were not happy about it. I think it was supposed to happen in 2020 or 21, not sure if it ever did though.

Trump was the first to enact this. It's just Biden taking credit for something Trump started.
Please provide a link proving Trump first enacted the ability of Medicare to negotiate down Rx prices.

I’ll give Trump credit where credit is due. Example: Operation Warp Speed to get the COVID vaccines out so quickly was a phenomenal accomplishment that saved many lives.

But I haven’t seen anything about Trump enacting this. Everything I read says it was Biden admin. as part of Inflation Protection Act. So, please provide a link.

Very interesting video, he should speak at the next RNC or do a conference with Trump and all evangelical leaders

Please provide a link proving Trump first enacted the ability of Medicare to negotiate down Rx prices.

I’ll give Trump credit where credit is due. Example: Operation Warp Speed to get the COVID vaccines out so quickly was a phenomenal accomplishment that saved many lives.

But I haven’t seen anything about Trump enacting this. Everything I read says it was Biden admin. as part of Inflation Protection Act. So, please provide a link.

AP

The headlines sound good but I would be interested in seeing the details that are certainly buried in the fine print. What do pharma companies get in exchange for potential losses on certain products? Do they jack up pricing elsewhere? Are there guaranteed minimum volumes on said meds? What's in it for the manufacturers? Are these drugs now allowed to be made in China to make up for the lower pricing? How many American jobs are lost?
Our gov't kinda has a history of making things worse whenever it tries to "fix" things, so I tend to be a bit skeptical.

Thanks. Well, it isn’t the same thing but is somewhat similar. So, I’ll give Trump credit for it near the end of his admin. Was it continued by Biden?

The one passed in 2022 as part of the IRA under Biden involves Rx’s that are taken at home, including things like Elliquis and Novolog insulin. The one Trump was involved in was regarding injections/infusions done in a doctor’s office and involved a “most favored nation” rule.

So, they both sound good. How about credit to both Trump and Biden?

Meh probably shouldn't have invaded Ukraine then....also lol at them saying Ukraine invading Russia is a crime.....this guy is a blow hard, someone needs to shoot Putin in the head and take over so they can leave Ukraine and begin trying to make amends and start rebuilding their destroyed economy.

Thanks. Well, it isn’t the same thing but is somewhat similar. So, I’ll give Trump credit for it near the end of his admin. Was it continued by Biden?

The one passed in 2022 as part of the IRA under Biden involves Rx’s that are taken at home, including things like Elliquis and Novolog insulin. The one Trump was involved in was regarding injections/infusions done in a doctor’s office and involved a “most favored nation” rule.

So, they both sound good. How about credit to both Trump and Biden?
Definitely some good things in the bill, which is exactly why it passed the house. Same thing goes for the infrastructure bill.

Back