• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

What Trump is doing at a press conference right now is what he should be doing every day. He is disciplined and reading from prepared notes going down a list of everything Harris has said in the past. I hope he can stay like this till Nov. Every day repeat everything Harris has said in the past and hang it around her neck.

Stay disciplined the next 80 days

Why can't he do that without notes? #mental decline

Why can't he do that without notes? #mental decline
Every time I see you post on this thread, (love you on the other threads btw !) it’s a shot at trump. Geez I know some people don’t really like the guy but he seems to be in your head, rent free.

Every time I see you post on this thread, (love you on the other threads btw !) it’s a shot at trump. Geez I know some people don’t really like the guy but he seems to be in your head, rent free.
I wouldn't give to rats arses about trump except he's running for president again and everything he says and does remains relevant. His attachment to project 2025 and other things require discussion about trump

WOW, Harris has made a stunning announcement. She and her VP pick are going to chat together tomorrow. Thats like Stalin and Mao having a fun chat on who murdered the most people. Trump and Vance should go on at the same time and chat with each other in a parody of the 2 commies chatting.

I wouldn't give to rats arses about trump except he's running for president again and everything he says and does remains relevant. His attachment to project 2025 and other things require discussion about trump
I’ve been slowly reading project 2025, I want my opinion of it to be grounded in fact and not what I am told about it. The last section I read was about public media, I wasn’t entirely against that. I was somewhat against it though, I think funding PBS should continue. The documentaries and educational programming I watched on their growing up was impactful and crucial to my development. I watched NOVA documentaries about space, evening programs about stocks and the business world, cartoons, travel documentaries. Being 11 years old and understanding how stocks worked, being familiar with other cultures etc. I mean it gave me a huge advantage over my peers who grew up watching mindless but entertaining cable television shows . Project 2025 proposes cutting funding to both PBS , NPR, and our foreign propaganda radio/tv stations which I didn’t know even existed.

Some of the other stuff I have read is abhorrent though, especially foreign policy

Really no different than those who worship him
there’s a difference between supporting trump because folks beliefs on our country and the current world lines up with trump, (me included I support most of his views) and flat out Hating someone and posting how much you hate him everyday and because he’s orange

Also pm me I need to talk to you about my health dawg, since your in that field

Yea its rough. Imagine 4 more yeaRs.

Current inflation is driven by corporation not government policy.....how are record profits possible if the cost of everything has gone up? Why are the prices of these goods higher....is it that the raw material/overhead prices are higher so they pass that on to us to maintain their margins for profit? However if that is the case how are companies making record high profit margins in this economic landscape....

Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, the report found, analyzing Commerce Department data. That’s a massive jump from the four decades prior to the pandemic, when profits drove just 11% of price growth.

“Businesses were really, really quick, when input costs went up, to pass that on to consumers. [But] had they only passed on those increases, inflation would have been maybe one to three points lower,” Liz Pancotti, a strategic advisor at Groundwork and one of the report’s authors, told Fortune.

How is this possible given the high inflation.....again if prices went up due to supply constraints and higher prices for raw materials how did the companies manage to also double their profit margins? The answer is they raised prices higher than they had to because they could "blame" inflation. It really is that simple....and they are still doing it now.

1723767549714.png

Current inflation is driven by corporation not government policy.....how are record profits possible if the cost of everything has gone up? Why are the prices of these goods higher....is it that the raw material/overhead prices are higher so they pass that on to us to maintain their margins for profit? However if that is the case how are companies making record high profit margins in this economic landscape....

Corporate profits drove 53% of inflation during the second and third quarters of 2023 and more than one-third since the start of the pandemic, the report found, analyzing Commerce Department data. That’s a massive jump from the four decades prior to the pandemic, when profits drove just 11% of price growth.

“Businesses were really, really quick, when input costs went up, to pass that on to consumers. [But] had they only passed on those increases, inflation would have been maybe one to three points lower,” Liz Pancotti, a strategic advisor at Groundwork and one of the report’s authors, told Fortune.

How is this possible given the high inflation.....again if prices went up due to supply constraints and higher prices for raw materials how did the companies manage to also double their profit margins? The answer is they raised prices higher than they had to because they could "blame" inflation. It really is that simple....and they are still doing it now.

View attachment 150059
I like this new policy

Back