• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

It's not even polls it's just logic. If your power window on your car is stuck do you focus on that or the failing transmission? Trump won't win if he's focused on the wrong thing too much. That's reality.
You got it all wrong. The transmission is what went bad in 2020 and a gaggle of us don't want to have to pay the price of it failing yet again. It isn't a big deal to you (and a few others) because it didn't happen to someone you support. If it did you would be hyper focused on insuring it doesn't happen again by reminding people to keep an eye on that check engine light. I don't know if you have noticed but the are using the exact same playbook that worked last time

Democrats lie to you and you have 2 choices. STFU and go along with it or pay the price. If you stop believing the lies they will ridicule you. If that doesn't change your attitude they will take your money. That doesn't work they will take your money and throw you in jail and if you don't get by then ask Trump and Robert Kennedy what happens to you.....

Bullet points from Asheville last night. Since its not being reported. Passing along.

No Taxes on Tips!
No Taxes on Soc Sec!
Continue the Trump Tax cuts that expire Dec 31,2024!

Corporate profits are astronomically high during a supposed time of high inflation. Your damn right we need to be asking why food prices are so high.

Have you done any research into this at all?
Yes. Inflation is solely caused by the devaluation of the dollar. How does that happen. Printing machines in over drive by the Fed. Why does the Fed do that? Cause the Govt writes checks it cant cash. 35 TRILLION + dollars in debt as I type and going up.
The guy selling you bologna down at the piggly wiggly, didnt just decide he was gonna get greedy and jack up prices,so he could pocket more money. A Grocery store operates off about 1% profit margin per item sold. They depend on volume of sales. The cost of goods goes up via way of fuel,transportation,taxes etc. Guess what ,the prices you pay go up.

So I am hearing that the young demographic, that have been taught by the left, are going to be a large voting base because of abortion.

I'll say it again. I don't mind the abortion at this point. The type that will abort a child are the type we don't want breeding or raising a child anyway.

Bullet points from Asheville last night. Since its not being reported. Passing along.

No Taxes on Tips!
No Taxes on Soc Sec!
Continue the Trump Tax cuts that expire Dec 31,2024!
Business taxes should not remain cut unless it's for small businesses. Apply a cap so only small to medium businesses receive them. Tips shouldn't be taxed period nor should companies take them for themselves.

Yes. Inflation is solely caused by the devaluation of the dollar. How does that happen. Printing machines in over drive by the Fed. Why does the Fed do that? Cause the Govt writes checks it cant cash. 35 TRILLION + dollars in debt as I type and going up.
The guy selling you bologna down at the piggly wiggly, didnt just decide he was gonna get greedy and jack up prices,so he could pocket more money. A Grocery store operates off about 1% profit margin per item sold. They depend on volume of sales. The cost of goods goes up via way of fuel,transportation,taxes etc. Guess what ,the prices you pay go up.
A 1% profit margin is BS if they are record high. Non food businesses receive these cuts too. We need to tax businesses again that are making way too much instead of the hardworking Americans that give these businesses these profits.

Reactions: JHS
The media throws around "record profit" to make these corporations look bad, but the only thing we should care about are the margins, and I doubt those have changed much. When they start blaming grocery corporations for prices, its a sign that their desperation knows no bounds. You know what though, they get away with it when most voters are basically stupid, and the media will continue to prop them up.

If inflation went up 7% on my costs and i pass that 7% percent on to my customer how much do my profit margins go up?

Reactions: JHS
What is the boards opinion on judge Merchan's sentencing of Trump? You guys think he will be sent to prison?

Our elections have not been secured for a long time and it's time to address it. Both sides and even local. It's not just about 2020. It will not be ignored, and the truth will come. We have no foundation until all of this is exposed, understood and fixed.
I’d like to see voter ID required in all states. To insure this works without favoring nonpoor over poor or people with drivers’ licenses over those without one, I’m in favor of the federal govt issuing a new ID specific for voting to all registered voters in all states free of charge. Wouldn’t that take care of the worry of voter ID requirements favoring nonpoor or drivers?
Opinions?

Harris is a lunatic idiot. Thru economic history there is a 100% never fail economic law. Price controls=shortages. Put price controls on food and good luck finding food on shelves. People will be lining up for food rations like in Soviet Russia
She is a Marxist, but its another thing to be a stupid Marxist.. Barrack Obama was similar in philosophy, but he was intelligent and could certainly speak coherently. Harris is neither intelligent, nor can speak with any coherent delivery. She will certainly do as she is told though.

I’d like to see voter ID required in all states. To insure this works without favoring nonpoor over poor or people with drivers’ licenses over those without one, I’m in favor of the federal govt issuing a new ID specific for voting to all registered voters in all states free of charge. Wouldn’t that take care of the worry of voter ID requirements favoring nonpoor or drivers?
Opinions?
Are ID cards not issued at DMVs now for next to nothing? Maybe I'm wrong about that. Democrats will never support ID requirements because it would destroy their harvesting operations in major metro areas.

Certainly not what anyone wants. Good luck selling more tax cuts for those corporations making highest profits on record though
How else do you keep businesses in the US though? I see our pricing on domestic vs import it's not close. I'm fine with taxing businesses with no jobs available within the US

Back