• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Also, I use co-pilot. It has literally cut my development time down into 1/3 of what it was because it deals with the redundant, tedious debugging and crap algorithm rewrites that I would have just sent down to an intern in a professional setting.

Now, I just get to use it and it be done in minutes.

It is replacing bad programmers, entry level programmers. It will not replace software engineers. The people who actually do the innovative work.

I'd love an example of a "skilled job" that you have personally seen lost to AI
who in their right mind even if you are good programmer would not use AI? Takes half the time and program can write your entire code for you in mins. I use GPT and it writes basically all my code. My workload has been shortened significantly.

Your link to co-pilot and posts are affirming what I am saying.

New, entry, intern level programmers will not be needed. These are generally the overseas jobs anyway. It's been relegated overseas to people who barely if at all speak English because it's mundane boring easy but annoying code.

Senior software engineers will always be needed. This allows faster, safer, and cheaper code to be written, thus, allowing innovation to happen and deadlines to be a thing of the past.

Your link to co-pilot and posts are affirming what I am saying.

New, entry, intern level programmers will not be needed. These are generally the overseas jobs anyway. It's been relegated overseas to people who barely if at all speak English because it's mundane boring easy but annoying code.

Senior software engineers will always be needed. This allows faster, safer, and cheaper code to be written, thus, allowing innovation to happen and deadlines to be a thing of the past.
What happens when unemployment is 30%? What happens to the US economy? There's only so many jobs to fill in a post-AI world.

What happens when unemployment is 30%? What happens to the US economy? There's only so many jobs to fill in a post-AI world.
I guess people better learn tradeskills and stop having so many kids.

I'd like to note that this "AI" situation is nothing new.

Machines replaced people in factories a very long time ago. People adapted into working with the machines and quality control. Same will happen here with computers as a whole.

Plus, what is AI really going to be able to do when the computer isn't just based on 1s and 0s anymore. No definied True or False. It's coming. By then, we'll probably be swallowed up into a black hole it created anyways.

I guess people better learn tradeskills and stop having so many kids.
Even trades are in recession now. My trucker cousin and best friend all say it's been going on for 2 years. Even the AC repair field is being saturated. so many of those jobs that can be filled too. In the end the 1% win.

really glad i didn't go to the trump rally today. it was only a hour and pretty underwhelming.
200.gif

Democracy? Democracy?! You mean like kicking a president off the ticket and replacing him with a person who never received a single vote because they felt like it? You're hilarious 😂
Who replaces trump on the ticket if he dies from a heart attack tomorrow?

Back