• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

For some of us policy doesn't trump decency or democracy. I won't sell my morals out for someone just because they have a tax plan I like
Thank you for validating my point. However, I must ask, you find Kamala Harris being a former mistress moral? What morals are you referring to exactly?

Defcon is an amazing convention that's been around for a very long time.

Showing off how AI can detect 0-day exploits and prevent data breaches and system shutdowns is an amazing thing.

We need AI to do it because it's impossible for humans to possibly stop it before damage is done.

This is an actual case of AI being used the right way.

Defcon is an amazing convention that's been around for a very long time.

Showing off how AI can detect 0-day exploits and prevent data breaches and system shutdowns is an amazing thing.

We need AI to do it because it's impossible for humans to possibly stop it before damage is done.

This is an actual case of AI being used the right way.
I work with AI. And the work ive done has automated and eliminated 100's of positions.

AI isn't replacing highly skilled people. It's replacing tedious jobs with more accuracy and speed. The highly skilled people who make a lot of money and have useful skills will keep their jobs, along with being able to work alongside AI to make their jobs easier.

AI isn't replacing highly skilled people. It's replacing tedious jobs with more accuracy and speed. The highly skilled people who make a lot of money and have useful skills will keep their jobs, along with being able to work alongside AI to make their jobs easier.
The positions eliminated were high skilled team lead positions too. they offshored everything to India. A part of me feels really sad.

Skilled tradesman’s jobs should remain safe for years to come as well.

I heard AI was replacing computer programmers.

It actually is. But not as you'd think. It's replacing all the overseas people who do the boring, tedious programming work.

The people that took jobs from higher paid employees for pennies on the dollar type of programmers are being replaced by AI now, because the code they're writing is easy and boring.

Senior software engineers are keeping their jobs because they are using AI to streamline their code efficiency and speed.

In other words, AI cut the fat out, allowing the actual skilled software engineer to not have to wait on intern level code that's late for the 50th day in a row, from someone that doesnt even speak English.

I heard AI was replacing computer programmers.

It actually is. But not as you'd think. It's replacing all the overseas people who do the boring, tedious programming work.

The people that took jobs from higher paid employees for pennies on the dollar type of programmers are being replaced by AI now, because the code they're writing is easy and boring.

Senior software engineers are keeping their jobs because they are using AI to streamline their code efficiency and speed.

In other words, AI cut the fat out, allowing the actual skilled software engineer to not have to wait on intern level code that's late for the 50th day in a row.
it is

The positions eliminated were high skilled team lead positions too. they offshored everything to India. A part of me feels really sad.
And this is why globalism is terrible for the American worker, yet half the country will vote for the party that is a slave to it.

I should say uniparty. Globalism is party agnostic.

it is

It is replacing bad programmers, entry level programmers. It will not replace software engineers. The people who actually do the innovative work.

I'd love an example of a "skilled job" that you have personally seen lost to AI

Back