• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Even Stephen Colbert and his audience know they lie and are fake news.

Actually Collins, herself, is among the most biased against Trump at CNN during the even though I agree with her about Trump most of the time. Even more anti-Trump there is Jim Acosta. CNN doesn’t have any hosts that are pro-Trump like which dominate Fox News. But they have some that are more objective.

OTOH CNN panels are usually a good mix of libs, mods, and cons. That’s something that cannot be said of MSNBC (lib) or Fox News (con). MSNBC/Fox are like an arm of the Dems/GOP.

Actually Collins, herself, is among the most biased against Trump at CNN during the even though I agree with her about Trump most of the time. Even more anti-Trump there is Jim Acosta. CNN doesn’t have any hosts that are pro-Trump like which dominate Fox News. But they have some that are more objective.

OTOH CNN panels are usually a good mix of libs, mods, and cons. That’s something that cannot be said of MSNBC (lib) or Fox News (con). MSNBC/Fox are like an arm of the Dems/GOP.
Every major news outlet is an arm of the anti-Trump/anti-citizen wing of the government, except Fox.

Fox is no better than MSNBC in the bias department. They’re both bad in that regard as they each cater to their respective side.
I won't disagree with you there. But thank goodness there is one network that will give the other perspective.

Y'all need to check out News Nation. They have opinion shows at night but the news is pretty good. I get tired of opinion shows. I don't need to know anybody else's opinion anymore being all dramatized
News nation is the most centrist news outlet according to all sides media.

The difference is any conservative host, journalist, or propagandist would welcome the opportunity to go on to CNN or MSNBC to have open discourse. CNN, to their credit, sometimes does invite the right side on, but mostly to try and take them down. However, none would ever invite the likes of Ben Shapiro or Tucker Carlson outside of Real Time with Bill Maher. Most of the left refuses to go on fox, and the few times they have it isn’t pretty.

Y'all need to check out News Nation. They have opinion shows at night but the news is pretty good. I get tired of opinion shows. I don't need to know anybody else's opinion anymore being all dramatized

Thanks for telling us about News Nation. I don’t think I have it on my Comcast. I read about its lack of bias and now wish I had it.

I see that it evolved from WGN, which reminds me of Tom Skilling from back in the day. My friends used to make fun of me for needing to watch “Chicago weather” despite my being in GA. Did anyone else here used to watch Tom? I learned about the Euro way back in the 1980s before any other model because he used to show it much more than any other model.

The difference is any conservative host, journalist, or propagandist would welcome the opportunity to go on to CNN or MSNBC to have open discourse. CNN, to their credit, sometimes does invite the right side on, but mostly to try and take them down. However, none would ever invite the likes of Ben Shapiro or Tucker Carlson outside of Real Time with Bill Maher. Most of the left refuses to go on fox, and the few times they have it isn’t pretty.

Gov Newsome of Cali is an exception as he went on Hannity for the full show once (a town hall?) I think and may have been on at other times. I also recall Sean Penn went on Hannity. I liked Hannity and Colmes (RIP) much more.

I think Maher has gone closer to the center in recent years with a mix of still a lot of lib but also now some moderate views like on CRT as per what you just posted. Did you know he used to date Ann Coulter?

Thanks for telling us about News Nation. I don’t think I have it on my Comcast. I read about its lack of bias and now wish I had it.

I see that it evolved from WGN, which reminds me of Tom Skilling from back in the day. My friends used to make fun of me for needing to watch “Chicago weather” despite my being in GA. Did anyone else here used to watch Tom? I learned about the Euro way back in the 1980s before any other model because he used to show it much more than any other model.
I used to watch Skilling on WGN. Speaking of Skilling, did you know his brother was the CEO of Enron when it collapsed ?

Yes one of the best.

NewsNation is good. So is POTUS on SiriusXM if you have that. It's always interesting to hear even wildly partisan Ds and Rs get on those programs and sound like a normal politician versus what they do on the partisan networks. It's all just a show for the base.

This tweet pretty much nails why Trump will ultimately lose.....he cant control himself, he doesn't wanna talk about policy issues he doesn't truly understand beyond the soundbite statements he makes. He would rather name call and insult others because that is what he is good at and frankly what his base really wants to hear, but he is preaching to the choir and turning away the moderates and independents who were desperate for someone not old to vote for.

This tweet pretty much nails why Trump will ultimately lose.....he cant control himself, he doesn't wanna talk about policy issues he doesn't truly understand beyond the soundbite statements he makes. He would rather name call and insult others because that is what he is good at and frankly what his base really wants to hear, but he is preaching to the choir and turning away the moderates and independents who were desperate for someone not old to vote for.

We will see if he can get focused. He does the worst at big rallies and starts going off script to please the people there. He needs to do alot of small events, 3 or 4 a day and hit 4 points without fail.

Back