• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

This kind of thing pushes the boundaries of what even the terminally-online people can believe. The Harris/Walz campaign won’t need to waste any time defending unambiguous statements like that. Can’t see them wading into the weird pecking order of vet communities either as they argue over who’s deployment counted or not.
It is definitely ambiguous as to whether he actually *says* he suffers with ptsd from being in Afghanistan, based on this clip alone. But it is troubling enough that he implies it. As the wife of a combat vet who suffers mightily from acute ptsd (among other issues from his combat service), this is still extremely offensive. Guess I’m glad to know that the Harris/Walz campaign won’t “waste any time” trying to defend or clarify this. It was already easy to decide they don’t get my vote, but sure, why not yet another reason?

Ok, gotcha. I don't have any evidence for the holocaust thing. As I said, I was making it up like Shaggy and Downeast.

I mean, we can either debate on policy things or we can just make stuff up. It's not going to make a bit of difference in the end, so I'm good either way.

What have I made up?

Sorry I’m not seeing any panic, really from either side.
Agreed this is just a lack of message discipline. I feel like a lot of folks that weren’t involved before 2016 or have forgotten how things were pre Trump.

In that sense Harris/Walz are running a “normal” campaign like the country hasn’t seen since 2016. Trump has very good people running his campaign (RNC is a dumpster fire though) and they should be telling him he needs to actually campaign, not whatever this is he’s doing.

Last 3.5 weeks: Trump dropping after peaking at 69 on 7/15, 2 days after shooting. He’s now only at 44. Harris rising significantly since she entered on 7/21 and is now at 59, 15 up on Trump according to the bettors at PredictIt. This tells me Trump needs to change course:

IMG_0110.png

Interesting because his poll numbers are higher than they've ever been in prior elections.
High floor/low ceiling. Back in 2020 and 2016 there was still quite a lot vocal and organizational wind against him. This gave voters an alternative in the R caucus. None of that anymore.

High floor/low ceiling. Back in 2020 and 2016 there was still quite a lot vocal and organizational wind against him. This gave voters an alternative in the R caucus. None of that anymore.
Everything is interchangeable. Inflation ticks up a couple points between now and election day, Israel still in a war, We give Ukraine millions more. People don't pay attention until after Labor Day anyway from what you said and I agree with that.

Last 3.5 weeks: Trump dropping and Harris rising significantly since July 19th,

It is definitely ambiguous as to whether he actually *says* he suffers with ptsd from being in Afghanistan, based on this clip alone. But it is troubling enough that he implies it. As the wife of a combat vet who suffers mightily from acute ptsd (among other issues from his combat service), this is still extremely offensive. Guess I’m glad to know that the Harris/Walz campaign won’t “waste any time” trying to defend or clarify this. It was already easy to decide they don’t get my vote, but sure, why not yet another reason?
He doesn’t imply anything of the sort. He deployed “in support” of OEF/OIF which he stated multiple times. This is standard language for non-combat personnel. This is a Congressional hearing and as it’s public record anyone coached for those appearances is reminded constantly that everything you say should be clear in text format minutes. If you want to say he’s flying too close to the sun that’s one thing, but it’s entirely inaccurate to go beyond that.

What the campaign won’t (and shouldn’t) get involved in is the rivalry/pecking order in the vet community over deployment history. It’s an insular issue to those men and women and isn’t in the national dialogue hence no reason to wade into those waters.

The average person who is going to decide the election couldn't tell you the difference between brics or blocs
They don't have to. BRICS can influence policy and votes through other pipelines. Why do you think US is so eager to get rid of TikTok? Remember when Bin Laden's papers were trending? How the war hawks had fire up their asses.

Have you heard about BRICS and its new members?
Pull 100 people off the street and you might get 2 that know what NATO is. Maybe 1 that knows what NATO does. Of those 100 I’m confident the number that know what BRICs is are less. It’s a completely irrelevant organization and not even a competitive concern for the US, let alone a strategic concern.

On betting markets, especially via crypto.. trump was insanely overvalued. You'd expect the flip because his numbers was astronomical and the point of betting is to buy low to make money

They don't have to. BRICS can influence policy and votes through other pipelines. Why do you think US is so eager to get rid of TikTok? Remember when Bin Laden's papers were trending? How the war hawks had fire up their asses.

Pull 100 people off the street and you might get 2 that know what NATO is. Maybe 1 that knows what NATO does. Of those 100 I’m confident the number that know what BRICs is are less. It’s a completely irrelevant organization and not even a competitive concern for the US, let alone a strategic concern.

I suffered from PTSD until I almost became a statistic from 6 combat deployments in the seal teams. I hope your husband is managing it but if he isn't I can point you in a direction to help. Marcus Capone and his wife along with a few others got me into this program and it saved my life. I did the psychedelic treatment in Mexico and instantly got off of narcotics, anxiety and depression poison with zero withdrawal. I encourage you to just take a look and if I can ever help you with information or questions by all means reach out.

Agreed this is just a lack of message discipline. I feel like a lot of folks that weren’t involved before 2016 or have forgotten how things were pre Trump.

In that sense Harris/Walz are running a “normal” campaign like the country hasn’t seen since 2016. Trump has very good people running his campaign (RNC is a dumpster fire though) and they should be telling him he needs to actually campaign, not whatever this is he’s doing.
It's been established that Trump doesn't listen to anyone. Half his administration had to quit.

Likely his campaigns downfall. IDK how someone can screw up the sympathy vote of getting shot at, but looks like he did 😂

I think Trump's RNC speech that drug on forever and put people to sleep was the beginning of the end for his campaign momentum.

Dude only had to go up there and give a 5 minute speech and go home. But nope.

If he would have done that, the narrative, even on liberal media would have probably been "it changed him". But nopppppppppe

On betting markets, especially via crypto.. trump was insanely overvalued. You'd expect the flip because his numbers was astronomical and the point of betting is to buy low to make money

I’d expect some flip on betting markets due to this, but not a flip from being up 20 when Harris entered to down 15 now. Trump needs to change his approach imo. Harris definitely has big momentum. Once his speech swayed away from the unity that he had promised only 10 minutes into it, it has been downhill for him since. Many folks are tired of his childish insults and name calling among other things.

Back