• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I’d expect some flip on betting markets due to this, but not a flip from being up 20 when Harris entered to down 15 now. Trump needs to change his approach imo. Harris definitely has big momentum.
On some of the betting discussion areas I've been, there was a massive surge when Biden leaving was announced she was dirt cheap. Like 1 cents for a dollar cheap.

The average person assumed they would have had an actual primary if sorts instead of picking her immediately as they basically have. So the ones who bought her at 1 and 2 cents (if she wins) are making out like bandits

Ok, gotcha. I don't have any evidence for the holocaust thing. As I said, I was making it up like Shaggy and Downeast.

I mean, we can either debate on policy things or we can just make stuff up. It's not going to make a bit of difference in the end, so I'm good either way.
But I wasn't making anything up. Not my fault you guys think everything is fake unless you want it to be. Just look at the previous statement saying kamala rally sizes are fake.

I should note, a lot of this perceived "momentum" Kamal seems to have, is a facade.

It's a mix of misinformation along with a sigh of relief that she may have a better chance than Biden. It's odd that internal polling isn't matching up with the memes and "polls" posted on social media.

A honeymoon phase per-say.

The idea is to keep her out of interviews and having to discuss any divisive types of policy until they can get their messaging and her message 1200% concrete so she doesn't end up laughing like a heyena constantly.

Imagine a perfect world where Kamal and Trump both sit and answer the exact same questions about pure policy on the same network back to back without either of their teams (or them) having time to coach or hear the previous. Nobody in their right mind actually thinks Kamal would do a good job do they?

I mean. Come on, this is even a scripted NBC interview she muffed up:

Imagine a perfect world where Kamal and Trump both sit and answer the exact same questions about pure policy on the same network back to back without either of their teams (or them) having time to coach or hear the previous. Nobody in their right mind actually thinks Kamal would do a good job do they?

1. But if Trump proceeds with his typical shtick of insults and name calling, Harris would have an opening to do better. She wouldn’t have to do well but just do better than Trump.

2. Trump also has a tendency to babble off onto tangents. That would also give Harris a better chance to outperform, which wouldn’t be that difficult if he does a lot of babbling.

3. Harris’ biggest strength is that she’s the not-Trump candidate rather than her meager accomplishments as VP.

He doesn’t imply anything of the sort. He deployed “in support” of OEF/OIF which he stated multiple times. This is standard language for non-combat personnel. This is a Congressional hearing and as it’s public record anyone coached for those appearances is reminded constantly that everything you say should be clear in text format minutes. If you want to say he’s flying too close to the sun that’s one thing, but it’s entirely inaccurate to go beyond that.

What the campaign won’t (and shouldn’t) get involved in is the rivalry/pecking order in the vet community over deployment history. It’s an insular issue to those men and women and isn’t in the national dialogue hence no reason to wade into those waters.
What counts is what his unit says. They are the ones he abandoned

1. But if Trump proceeds with his typical shtick of insults and name calling, Harris would have an opening to do better. She wouldn’t have to do well but just do better than Trump.

2. Trump also has a tendency to babble off onto tangents. That would also give Harris a better chance to outperform, which wouldn’t be that difficult if he does a lot of babbling

I completely agree that Trump is screwing up an opportunity that he already screwed up a while back even worse.

There are conspiracy parts of me that have honestly thought that this whole Trump thing (from 2016) could be an entirely comprehensive psyop to cause divisiveness for the gov to be able to enact all kinds of new policies and restrictions on americans who don't want to fall in line..

scarily, the UK is starting at it.

but that's another topic for another day.

I suffered from PTSD until I almost became a statistic from 6 combat deployments in the seal teams. I hope your husband is managing it but if he isn't I can point you in a direction to help. Marcus Capone and his wife along with a few others got me into this program and it saved my life. I did the psychedelic treatment in Mexico and instantly got off of narcotics, anxiety and depression poison with zero withdrawal. I encourage you to just take a look and if I can ever help you with information or questions by all means reach out.

Thank you for this. I’ll admit, I assumed from your statements about your service that you likely understood ptsd all too well. I am so glad you found the help you needed - too many of hubby’s friends (and yours, I am sure) became a statistic. Thankfully, he manages. It’s not always fun or pretty, and he definitely suffers, but he’s made a good life. I will take a look at this link, though, and forward it on to him. Thanks again.

Call it a coup, heck call it whatever you want. He does admit he was forced out. If they are willing to usurp their own rules and provide you with a candidate you did not vote for, they certainly will throw the Constitution out the window and along with it your rights and liberties. Think about that when and if you vote!
1723406185139.png

Thank you for this. I’ll admit, I assumed from your statements about your service that you likely understood ptsd all too well. I am so glad you found the help you needed - too many of hubby’s friends (and yours, I am sure) became a statistic. Thankfully, he manages. It’s not always fun or pretty, and he definitely suffers, but he’s made a good life. I will take a look at this link, though, and forward it on to him. Thanks again.
It's not cheap to get that treatment but there are means and methods to self care that are much cheaper and not as intense. If our government would get out of bid pharmas imprisonment we could get not only help for vets but addicts and people who just need help with anxiety and depression as well. Unfortunately keeping people sick on their poison is their #1 objective. You are a rockstar for standing by him. I know how tough it is on families

So, what’s everyone’s thoughts on Christian nationalists like Mike Johnson’s and Josh Hawley?
Johnson might be a weird dude that does weird stuff with his kids from what I've read.

Back