• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

For me, it wasn't really clear at all that Biden was going to end up dropping out until I was hearing about donors withholding funds (and even then, I was uncertain because it is a crazy thing to occur). It was really just Republicans saying so.

I'll give credit and say there's a catch here, Republicans got this one completely right...and at this point with what I'm seeing, may end up seriously paying for being right here.

I'm still not convinced that Harris wins, but she has the momentum, and it feels like the base case right now has shifted to close election in November, when last month, it was pretty much "Trump has it in the bag."
/reddit

I’m going to wait until after the DNC before I’m fully onboard with this theory, but I’d swear we’re seeing a rapid re-normalization of the Democratic Party. Harris’ stump speech in Arizona tonight is right out of mid-90s Bill Clinton. The immigration stance is well reasoned and centrist. Several prominent left wing Ds have recently lost primaries which plays into this.

I expected a pivot to the center by Kamala but did not expect all this. Sure it’s campaign talk and we all know what that’s worth, but it’s absolutely wild to see a D nominee talk about these things in these ways and get loud “USA” chants. Again we’ll see if it sticks around but if they are successful in flipping the script to make the Trump-GOP into the “wingnut” campaign she greatly increases her odds of winning. Remember due to the Electoral College a D nominee needs at least +4% nationally in the popular vote to win the swing states.

Like I mentioned previously we haven’t seen this campaign energy from either ticket since 2012. It’s been a LONG time. The last election I worked was 2014 and it was low energy even for a midterm. 2016 Trump still wasn’t embraced by the R party and Hillary was Hillary, no explanation needed there. 2020 effectively didn’t have a campaign at all.

Young people turn out to vote because of why?? They don't care about policies? They don't won't their feelings hurt? Tried to decipher that last paragraph but you lost me. Of course ending a war seems to be a good thing to consolidate around but earlier I thought it was a vibes election, no wonder low information young voters are easy to sway. They must be so confused, so vote for the vibing hip candidate??
Yes, young people want to be part of something and it’s absolutely accurate to say they turn out for “vibes.” They simply don’t turn out for elections where tax policy is up front.

I'll give credit and say there's a catch here, Republicans got this one completely right...and at this point with what I'm seeing, may end up seriously paying for being right here.

I'm still not convinced that Harris wins, but she has the momentum, and it feels like the base case right now has shifted to close election cold rain is a in November, when last month, it was pretty much "Trump has it in the bag."
Sweetie, republicans demanded Biden drop out. Trump pleaded the country was unsafe etc. We listened to you. So now you get Harris.

Yes, young people want to be part of something and it’s absolutely accurate to say they turn out for “vibes.” They simply don’t turn out for elections where tax policy is up front.
Kudos 👏, can see why you've worked campaigns previously. You're a master in double talk and misdirection.

I’m going to wait until after the DNC before I’m fully onboard with this theory, but I’d swear we’re seeing a rapid re-normalization of the Democratic Party. Harris’ stump speech in Arizona tonight is right out of mid-90s Bill Clinton. The immigration stance is well reasoned and centrist. Several prominent left wing Ds have recently lost primaries which plays into this.

I expected a pivot to the center by Kamala but did not expect all this. Sure it’s campaign talk and we all know what that’s worth, but it’s absolutely wild to see a D nominee talk about these things in these ways and get loud “USA” chants. Again we’ll see if it sticks around but if they are successful in flipping the script to make the Trump-GOP into the “wingnut” campaign she greatly increases her odds of winning. Remember due to the Electoral College a D nominee needs at least +4% nationally in the popular vote to win the swing states.

Like I mentioned previously we haven’t seen this campaign energy from either ticket since 2012. It’s been a LONG time. The last election I worked was 2014 and it was low energy even for a midterm. 2016 Trump still wasn’t embraced by the R party and Hillary was Hillary, no explanation needed there. 2020 effectively didn’t have a campaign at all.
There is absolutely nothing centrist about this ticket and if their speeches convince voters otherwise than my point of low information electorate will be validated.

look who's she's up.against
A former POTUS who had a great economy, lowered energy cost, no wars and secured the boarder. Silly me, I forgot most libs actually hate this country no wonder she's energizing her base....doh!

Sweetie, republicans demanded Biden drop out. Trump pleaded the country was unsafe etc. We listened to you. So now you get Harris.

I'm not a Republican.

Anyway, if Harris wins, it's one of the greatest errors in history by a campaign for Trump to agree to a debate in the summer. Had you just let Biden go out there and look senile in his appearances, it would've potentially been an easy cruise in to being elected. And now it's not.

I'm not a Republican.

Anyway, if Harris wins, it's one of the greatest errors in history by a campaign for Trump to agree to a debate in the summer. Had you just let Biden go out there and look senile in his appearances, it would've potentially been an easy cruise in to being elected. And now it's not.
I'm upset you didn't give him a pet name back in response to "sweetie"

Back