• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

It’s possible, but if it’s in a flood plain doesn’t taking it out of the flood plain just shift the balance of water somewhere else? Water has to flood somewhere
I don't know about shifting anywhere else but I do know there's things that developers can do like drainage systems etc.

I don't know about shifting anywhere else but I do know there's things that developers can do like drainage systems etc.
That prevents the property itself from flooding but the water is still there, it will flood just elsewhere and when the entire river is surrounded chances are it’ll just be an older neighborhood further downstream . Maybe @Thor can say something , he understands these things better

That prevents the property itself from flooding but the water is still there, it will flood just elsewhere and when the entire river is surrounded chances are it’ll just be an older neighborhood further downstream . Maybe @Thor can say something , he understands these things better
No one cares that the water gets diverted back to the river. You can't control that.

You are kind of on to the problem. When I design a site I have to match pre disturbance runoff. So basically whatever water runs off my site as bare earth or forest is what I will need to match after I build whatever it is I'm building. It requires a lot of slowing the water down. No new site is building in a flood plain, we can occasionally cross one but that approval process takes two years just to get a road approved across one. Floodplains are reassesed every decade or so and it seems like this last one removed a ton of floodplain through central NC. You have also had a big reduction in Wetlands. What doesn't get studied is overall impervious and downstream effects. That's what burned Houston. Water runs pretty fast when everything is Pavement and that speed is what causes the issues.
But the coast is a whole different ball game. Eliminate the -------- HOAs and pump that money into replenishments instead. Let them pay for it with money they are mainly wasting anyways. Old sites need to have regular assessments as well, condemn what doesn't meet code.

Vance the weirdo. Pass it on at school everyone 18 and up that is voting! Hang up at coffee shops ☕IMG_3367.jpeg

You are kind of on to the problem. When I design a site I have to match pre disturbance runoff. So basically whatever water runs off my site as bare earth or forest is what I will need to match after I build whatever it is I'm building. It requires a lot of slowing the water down. No new site is building in a flood plain, we can occasionally cross one but that approval process takes two years just to get a road approved across one. Floodplains are reassesed every decade or so and it seems like this last one removed a ton of floodplain through central NC. You have also had a big reduction in Wetlands. What doesn't get studied is overall impervious and downstream effects. That's what burned Houston. Water runs pretty fast when everything is Pavement and that speed is what causes the issues.
But the coast is a whole different ball game. Eliminate the -------- HOAs and pump that money into replenishments instead. Let them pay for it with money they are mainly wasting anyways. Old sites need to have regular assessments as well, condemn what doesn't meet code.
Why was a lot of flood plain and wetland removed? Is it because of the new definition? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I drove through Wilson and flooding here was a few inches more of rain away from being catastrophic , lots of flooded fields and some businesses that have bad drainage are flooded.

Population reduction is the answer. It's not my answer, but it's definitely owrh paying attention to. The next pandemic isnt going to carry some .1% death rate. You're already being warned about bird flu.

On another note, Trump Force One had to divert because of a mechanical issue.

Hey how many of you MAGA Trumpers on here are also flat-earthers? I know there has to be at least a couple or maybe more. Let me know because I have a serious question for you that I’ve always wondered about from your perspective
Why would it be trumpers that are flat earthers and not liberals?

Short read that talks a little more about something I mentioned the other day. The concerted effort by the Harris/Walz campaign to paint a picture of a bright future for America. It’s working and I think it’s great. Our Presidential election have been gloomy since 2016 so it’s time for a change.

There will be plenty of debate over policy and that will sway some people. Many more I think can be swayed by this.

Short read that talks a little more about something I mentioned the other day. The concerted effort by the Harris/Walz campaign to paint a picture of a bright future for America. It’s working and I think it’s great. Our Presidential election have been gloomy since 2016 so it’s time for a change.

There will be plenty of debate over policy and that will sway some people. Many more I think can be swayed by this.

So they're admitting the last 4 years ( that she was VP) have sucked. Weird but probably will work because so many of the electorate are low information voters. Believe a headline but never dig into the facts. There will be no policy change with this ticket, except even more liberal extremism.

Population reduction is the answer. It's not my answer, but it's definitely owrh paying attention to. The next pandemic isnt going to carry some .1% death rate. You're already being warned about bird flu.

On another note, Trump Force One had to divert because of a mechanical issue.
Don't disagree one bit. It's coming

Hey how many of you MAGA Trumpers on here are also flat-earthers? I know there has to be at least a couple or maybe more. Let me know because I have a serious question for you that I’ve always wondered about from your perspective

Really does seem to be a common thing among some of the crazier ones...

So they're admitting the last 4 years ( that she was VP) have sucked. Weird but probably will work because so many of the electorate are low information voters. Believe a headline but never dig into the facts. There will be no policy change with this ticket, except even more liberal extremism.
She's gonna tackle this horrible inflation Day 1 and not one minute sooner! Kinda how you have to pass a bill to see what's in it.....

Don't be coy. Ask your question bro

Back