• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Na we’ll be fine.

Related to this though is a very curious thing. Harris in particular is making a very convincing case for flipping the “big government” script on the Rs. Listen to her speech from Eau Claire Wisconsin. Framing state Rs as big government for “telling people what to do” is good campaign messaging. It isn’t a long winded statement and actually hits home pretty hard in states where R legislatures are passing these abortion bans.

Watch this space. This ain’t the same Kamala from the previous primary cycle.
Nah, we won't be fine. When you devalue innocent life, you can devalue anything. It's not the hallmark of a fine society.

It’s far too late to just let abortion “go”. It’s our winning strategy. Not because she is a woman, Indian, black, etc. She knows to harp on Freedom for Americans and that’s why she’s being compared to Obama and not Hillary. Donald is gonna freak when he sees the polls.

Nah, we won't be fine. When you devalue innocent life, you can devalue anything. It's not the hallmark of a fine society.
It’s not that simple and you know it. The various branches of Christendom can’t agree when life “begins” to say nothing of the scientific community or elsewhere. My personal opinion is we’re going to see this settled out nationwide at or just before the typical 12 week anatomy scan. R women don’t have different health needs than D women and it’s an unfortunate fact elective abortion will accompany that.

I don’t share the opinion of the old southern baptist man I met years ago who stated something to the effect of “the good lord called Your number but you didn’t listen” to a female relative who had to choose between the tiny one inside her and her living breathing child on the outside. She chose not to try and eke out a largely unviable pregnancy that put her at huge risk and it changed my view on the subject no matter how much I still see elective abortion as immoral.

Sometimes there is no “good” solution to a problem.

It’s not that simple and you know it. The various branches of Christendom can’t agree when life “begins” to say nothing of the scientific community or elsewhere. My personal opinion is we’re going to see this settled out nationwide at or just before the typical 12 week anatomy scan. R women don’t have different health needs than D women and it’s an unfortunate fact elective abortion will accompany that.

I don’t share the opinion of the old southern baptist man I met years ago who stated something to the effect of “the good lord called Your number but you didn’t listen” to a female relative who had to choose between the tiny one inside her and her living breathing child on the outside. She chose not to try and eke out a largely unviable pregnancy that put her at huge risk and it changed my view on the subject no matter how much I still see elective abortion as immoral.

Sometimes there is no “good” solution to a problem.
When does life begin?

When does life begin?
The answer people don’t want to hear is “it depends.” Life being a biological question, a legal question, a philosophical question, a medical question and so on. One interpretation can (and often does) run afoul of the other interpretation.

The answer people don’t want to hear is “it depends.” Life being a biological question, a legal question, a philosophical question, a medical question and so on. One interpretation can (and often does) run afoul of the other interpretation.
So your answer is, "I don't know?"

Abortion was literally a normal accepted thing for pretty much all of human history until the mid 1800's....even when this country was founded it was a totally accepted practice.

Abortion was literally a normal accepted thing for pretty much all of human history until the mid 1800's....even when this country was founded it was a totally accepted practice.
grab your coat hangers boys making merica grand for once.. some ppl beat dogs in the street can we do this as well? i mean its socially acceptable in some places! can we also stone and beat ppl we don't agree with. Its socially acceptable in some places!

This would be unconstitutional as it qualifies as discriminating against a group of individuals preventing their ability to vote exclusively due to intelligence, and low intelligence isn't a crime. It would also guarantee elitists forever run the country because of how expensive education can get. Not to mention tests like that can be biased, so you're unfairly controlling voters.
Education doesn't increase IQ, it only unlocks it. Exercise has been shown to prevent its decline as you age, by the way. You will always have a minority of high IQ people, but that doesn't make them wise. You can be a high IQ fool, so I don't think restricting voting based on IQ will work. Something like land ownership, raise the age to 35 and/or military service would work.

So my life begins when someone else interprets its began. What a society we have folks

Education doesn't increase IQ, it only unlocks it. Exercise has been shown to prevent its decline as you age, by the way. You will always have a minority of high IQ people, but that doesn't make them wise. You can be a high IQ fool, so I don't think restricting voting based on IQ will work. Something like land ownership, raise the age to 35 and/or military service would work.
I hope you're trolling. Awful ideas

Back