• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I’m curious. Is there anyone else here hopeful that the near death experience has suddenly changed Trump and that his Thu speech will be dominated by a sincere call for unity amongst ALL Americans in order to reduce the extreme divisiveness that currently exists? After all, he’s likely going to win easily as it looks now.
He has already confirmed he changed his speech so we'll hope and see. As someone who has had a real NDE I can attest to what it does to you on many levels

I’m not trying to take sides when I ask this question as I’m more or less a right of center moderate (old style Republican). What about Trump trying to find at least some common ground with those who disagree with him on issues and come up with solutions that better unify us to try to make us one true nation again (although we’re still one country I feel we’re no longer one nation)? Why not this instead of treating almost anyone who doesn’t 100% agree with him as pseudo-enemies? Is that the best way for a POTUS to run a country?
My own personal theory has always been that Trump is actually more to the side of compromise than he lets on. Unfortunately in his 2016 election one reason he won was the people he brought out to vote. I don’t need to say who they are but I’ll describe them as unable to compromise. Some due to the melding of their religion with politics, some out of despair and so on. He had to cater to them.

Now Biden is ancient and unpopular. Might we see a different trump? I hope so for all of our sake.

I had actually never heard of Tenacious D, a comedy-rock band, and thus researched them out of curiosity. The day after the Trump shooting was the birthday of a member, Kyle Gass. A birthday cake was brought onstage . His band partner, Jack Black (yes, that’s the well-known actor), asked him for a birthday wish. Gass said, "Don't miss Trump next time”.

Even those who aren’t Trump fans (like myself) need to realize that these words supporting violence were highly inappropriate and thus deserving of strong criticism! Even if just a joke it was a very ugly thing to say. And that’s beside the fact that someone else was killed and two others were badly injured.

Based on their wiki Black and Gass are longtime openly staunch liberals/Dem (including Biden) supporters and have been openly anti-Trump politically. There’s obviously nothing wrong with that and of course that isn’t anything unusual.

But what’s quite interesting about that and the reason I’m posting this is that although Black didn’t initially criticize Gass, he apparently had a change of heart after reflection and shockingly posted on Instagram this morning that he’s not continuing the tour:

View attachment 148564

Also, Gass apologized on Instagram saying it was a "severe lack of judgement".
He wrote: "The line I improvised onstage Sunday night in Sydney was highly inappropriate, dangerous and a terrible mistake.”
"I don’t condone violence of any kind, in any form, against anyone. What happened was a tragedy, and I’m incredibly sorry for my severe lack of judgement. I profoundly apologise to those I’ve let down and truly regret any pain I’ve caused."

This illustrates well that there’s always the opportunity for a person to learn from mistakes and to change for the better. I hope they’re being sincere. I fully believe in accepting sincere apologies and rooting for people to improve as human beings as we’re all quite imperfect.

And related to this, I’m hoping Trump’s speech Thu will signal a sincere change toward encouraging unity of both/all sides (not just among Republicans). I’d really love to see it. Could his near death experience have changed him?
Have you heard he literally tore his speech up and wrote another one? I hear it's more towards unity. Things just feel different don't they?

This is what Trump has wanted all along they didn't vet him they welcome that kind of mentality
Maybe I’m not far left enough but I can’t convince myself he actually believes that. To borrow the phrase I think he’s flying too close to the sun with the far right and has a history of listening to the wrong people. A tyrant though? Ehhhhh.

Last edited:
Whoa!! Elon Musk following assassination attempt will commit 45 million per MONTH to a new super PAC backing Trump. Dayummmm.
That's what's wrong with campaign financing. Regular folks can only give up to $3300 or something close and somehow someone like Musk or any other rich folks can skirt the law and give a ridiculous sum. Think of the good that sort of money could be used for and instead gets wasted on this which is nothing but attempting to get favors.

That's what's wrong with campaign financing. Regular folks can only give up to $3300 or something close and somehow someone like Musk or any other rich folks can skirt the law and give a ridiculous sum. Think of the good that sort of money could be used for and instead gets wasted on this which is nothing but attempting to get favors.
I would strongly consider voting for the devil in a suit if he would bring about campaign finance reform, mandatory retirement age for all government officials including judges, and limiting campaigns to 180 days before Election Day. None of those are on the surface unconstitutional.

I think instead of all the big money going to the left, some is just going to the right now. Yeah, it's all a crazy system. When people are able to communicate and have conversation, we all have a lot we can agree on. Most that is. We are just the pawns.

Maybe I’m not far left enough but I can’t convince myself he actually believes that. To borrow the phrase I think he’s flying too close to the sun with the far right and has a history of listening to the wrong people. A tyrant though? Ehhhhh.

I disagree Trump absolutely wants to be president and have the executive branch above all others. This is why he has a hard on for guys like Orban and Putin they have what he wants. I do agree that Trump does not care who he has to appeal to to get that power, but the reality of our political landscape is that the rabid blind cult like support he needs is ready made with the far right evangelical Christian nationalist who are ready made to accept the kind of authoritarian leadership Trump wants to have.

Trump is ahead nationally more than he's ever been ahead since all this started in 2016 . It's a different ball game today. All the fear-based fear-mongering apparently is ineffective in shows that it's just shallow talking points to begin with. Trump has never been ahead in any polling since 2016 until the last couple months.

Maybe I’m not far left enough but I can’t convince myself he actually believes that. To borrow the phrase I think he’s flying too close to the sun with the far right and has a history of listening to the wrong people. A tyrant thought? Ehhhhh.
People thought he was joking when he said 3 terms.....his actions say differently. From his support of project 2025, which he has tried to walk back now the cats out of the bag, to picking vance and the support he had for the group mentioned probably wasn't an oversight but a plus for trunp.......along with vance saying he won't certify an election if he was VP

Project 2025 is just another boogeyman to scare the electorate used by scared Democrats with nothing else to go off of. Everything else they've done has failed and it'sbgoing to continue. It all started with the Russia propaganda and it has not ended You would think that these Democrats would see the light but apparently they don't know how.

Project 2025 is just another boogeyman to scare the electorate used by scared Democrats with nothing else to go off of. Everything else they've done has failed and it'sbgoing to continue. It all started with the Russia propaganda and it has not ended You would think that these Democrats would see the light but apparently they don't know how.
Trump is gonna start world war 3 just you watch! This time it's for real but only after he gets out of prison of course

Trump is ahead nationally more than he's ever been ahead since all this started in 2016 . It's a different ball game today. All the fear-based fear-mongering apparently is ineffective in shows that it's just shallow talking points to begin with. Trump has never been ahead in any polling since 2016 until the last couple months.
I still believe picking Vance is an opening for the Democrats. The white suburban women in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin will be a huge factor. Trump cannot run away from his age issue either.

Democrats need turnout to succeed in the election and further down ballot races. He gives them another boogeyman.

I still believe picking Vance is an opening for the Democrats. The white suburban women in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin will be a huge factor. Trump cannot run away from his age issue either.

Democrats need turnout to succeed in the election and further down ballot races. He gives them another boogeyman.
I still haven't heard anything that talks about why vance repels women? It really doesn't matter if Trump is old or not now he has a 39-year-old VP. Talk about old man party, It's definitely not the Republicans right now. Besides Vance being so pro-life it really doesn't matter. Ohio elected vance as their senator, but I believe it was just last year voted to have pro-abortion laws enacted. Apparently the pro-abortion crowd didn't care and voted for Vance anyway.

To be fair Russian interference in the 2016 election is very well understood now. When I talk about working from the same set of facts this is a good example. We were unprepared for the extent of their activities. We know now Obama sent CIA Director Brennan to Moscow in 2015 to deliver the message in person to knock it off.

Trump has too many criticisms to name but I do agree some of them have gone overboard. Should the worst come to fruition I have faith in our institutions to ensure a transfer of power which could be seen as naivety but I believe in the additional guardrails enacted since 2021.

Last edited:
To be fair Russian interference in the 2016 election is very well understood now. When I talk about working from the same set of facts this is a good example. We were unprepared for the extent of their activities. We know now Obama sent CIA Director Brennan to Moscow in 2015 to deliver the message in person to knock it off.

Trump has too many criticisms to name but I do agree some of them have gone overboard. Should the worst come to fruition I have faith in our institutions to ensure a transfer of power which could be seen as naivety but I believe in the additional guardrails enacted since 2021.
I'm talking about the Muller investigation and there's been so many things I cant remember anymore what they all were. Nothing has ever come to fruition. A waste of taxpayers money and peoples sanity.

I still haven't heard anything that talks about why vance repels women? It really doesn't matter if Trump is old or not now he has a 39-year-old VP. Talk about old man party, It's definitely not the Republicans right now. Besides Vance being so pro-life it really doesn't matter. Ohio elected vance as their senator, but I believe it was just last year voted to have pro-abortion laws enacted. Apparently the pro-abortion crowd didn't care and voted for Vance anyway.
He’s on record for no exceptions abortion ban and has made very disparaging remarks about women and domestic violence. Both poll very poorly even among republicans.

End of the day, that checkbook that gets pulled out countless times to pay the bills will weigh heavier than anything else. And Im not talking about the wall street folks, its the main street ones. Espeacilly those that reside in Wisconsin,Michigan and Pennsylvania. Thats where the rubber meets the road. Joe has to sweep all 3 to have a shot, or he's toast. Hence the VP pick of a poor as dirt ex Marine who can speaK the language to the folks of Wisc,Mich,PA.

Last edited:
Hearing a report that an out of town police officer shot and killed someone outside the safe zone at the RNC. No more details yet. Geez

Update: Happened a mile away. Robbery gone wrong. SS said it had nothing to do with RNC.

Last edited:
Back