• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Posting info off soc media in regards to Saturdays attempted assassination , for discussional purposes. No one is stating this is verified , true,false. We should find out over next week or two officially one would think.

View attachment 148562
At this point I am mainly concerned with why our counter sniper waited. Somebody either told him not to fire or hold before the shooting started or he has no business being behind that scope. I think it's the former not the latter. I did see a comment from a former ss counter sniper trying to explain their procedure they follow but the only thing I got from his comment was that they can fire at visible threats or something to that effect which is silly. Every qualified individual who has ever gotten behind that scope knows the biggest risk was that roof from the start and as soon as you saw a man laying in prone you had better already have a bullet going through his brain because you already confirmed the threat because you are damned good at your job. I DO NOT trust the FBI with this and neither do any of my former colleagues at this point because they have proven over and again they have been corrupted to the core and incompetent. I hope they change my mind but I wouldn't bet 50 cent on it. if you internet savvy dudes see anything on our sniper posted please let me know

I disagree. With nothing to talk about in the weather this is a good place for debate.
Maybe. The older I get the less I really care about debate any more. It's just the same sides spewing points that won't change anyone's mind. It's just scoring points in their own head. I probably liked it more before social media. Then if you said a lot of things said online today you'd probably get punched in the mouth.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2024/07/noaa-project-2025-weather/678987/

This article is interesting because it combines weather forecasting with the possible implications of the 2025 Project. Form a personal viewpoint, there are things I agree and disagree with in the platforms in both of the major political parties and I do wish there was a viable third party to give another option quite often rather than voting for the lesser of two evils in many races.

Last edited:
Maybe. The older I get the less I really care about debate any more. It's just the same sides spewing points that won't change anyone's mind. It's just scoring points in their own head. I probably liked it more before social media. Then if you said a lot of things said online today you'd probably get punched in the mouth.
As a counterpoint the older I’ve gotten the more I want to see dialogue return to a more respectable place no matter the topic. Michael Smerconish has a very interesting program going to help facilitate that.

Facebook, Twitter etc are places I do not venture though. Too many bots and with AI evolving they are t going to get any better.

As a counterpoint the older I’ve gotten the more I want to see dialogue return to a more respectable place no matter the topic. Michael Smerconish has a very interesting program going to help facilitate that.

Facebook, Twitter etc are places I do not venture though. Too many bots and with AI evolving they are t going to get any better.
I ditched FaceBook 2 years ago and it's been glorious.

The discussion is of public and administrative policy, not penal code.
The thing that I was addressing was the fact that 1 percent of the population is in jail. I was simply stating that if our justice system was "just" over half of America should be incarcerated. Actually, putting people in jail truly isn't the best way to enforce the law. The prison system tends to feed the vultures that consume the dead that our godless society produces. Corporal punishment and retribution is much more effective, and puts less unfair burden on the good law abiding citizens.

I don’t think this was some big orchestrated event. I think the kid got lucky to get into the position he ended up in because everyone that saw him was of the same mentality; “I know that guy doesn’t have a gun and isn’t on top of a building about to take a shot at Trump. This can’t be real. This must be a joke.”

And a lot of the law enforcement are thinking something similar: “Maybe that’s one of our guys? It has to be one of our guys.”

I honestly think everyone was in denial of what was happening in front of them. Their eyes saw it but their brain didn’t want to believe it.

I’ve all but removed myself from politics over the last 4 years. I feel it has made me a better person however I can’t help but wonder what that Jesse kid that used to have an account on here must be thinking right now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2024/07/noaa-project-2025-weather/678987/

This article is interesting because it combines weather forecasting with the possible implications of the 2025 Project. Form a personal viewpoint, there are things I agree and disagree with in the platforms in both of the major political parties and I do wish there was a viable third party to give another option quite often rather than voting for the lesser of two evils in many races.
More money for rich corporations, I guess. Hopefully this gets nowhere.

I don’t think this was some big orchestrated event. I think the kid got lucky to get into the position he ended up in because everyone that saw him was of the same mentality; “I know that guy doesn’t have a gun and isn’t on top of a building about to take a shot at Trump. This can’t be real. This must be a joke.”

And a lot of the law enforcement are thinking something similar: “Maybe that’s one of our guys? It has to be one of our guys.”

I honestly think everyone was in denial of what was happening in front of them. Their eyes saw it but their brain didn’t want to believe it.

I’ve all but removed myself from politics over the last 4 years. I feel it has made me a better person however I can’t help but wonder what that Jesse kid that used to have an account on here must be thinking right now.

This pretty much nails it, add to it that most of these groups could not communicate with each other efficiently and you end up with them waiting for him to shoot to confirm he is a hostile.

Congressman Fry did not say “yes” when asked if he would oppose offshore drilling in the Atlantic. I personally thought that idea died during Trump’s previous term but they’ve gone back to the “drill baby drill” monicker in the 2024 platform.

Listen.....I have done this job my whole life. There is not ONE single person actually in charge of protecting Trump's life that day that didn't have that roof pegged as a potential "roost". I can 100% promise you they had a scope and a spotter on it if not multiple. If they discounted it then they should be FIRED yesterday. If that moron was able to pull this off without help then we have the most inept secret service in our nations history and that includes the brave folks on the ground who until proven otherwise are qualified in my eyes. If you lurk around different sites reporting on this, the people screaming BS are guys like me who dedicated their life to doing this and know better. In fact there is ZERO reason why there shouldn't have been security on the damn roof itself. I can certainly buy incompetence if this was a complicated event setup but this was as basic as it gets. If this dipstick can penetrate a perimeter this easily, the supposed best in the world can protect it even easier. Let the counter sniper speak ASAP. He is either incompetent as it gets or someone's "procedure" cost an innocent life. As of right now I'm not buying it

Maybe that is what has turned me off so much. If dialogue was more respectable I'd be more willing to engage. When I was at Georgia Tech decades ago I had a class with the heads of the GT Republicans and Democrats. They both fit the bill too. The GOP guy was always in a suit and the Democrat was always as hippie as could be. It was a public policy class so they would always banter and take funny shots at each other. They were also good friends and would hang out and put their views aside. I miss that.

Hope no one had Tenacious D tickets.

I had actually never heard of Tenacious D, a comedy-rock band, and thus researched them out of curiosity. The day after the Trump shooting was the birthday of a member, Kyle Gass. A birthday cake was brought onstage . His band partner, Jack Black (yes, that’s the well-known actor), asked him for a birthday wish. Gass said, "Don't miss Trump next time”.

Even those who aren’t Trump fans (like myself) need to realize that these words supporting violence were highly inappropriate and thus deserving of strong criticism! Even if just a joke it was a very ugly thing to say. And that’s beside the fact that someone else was killed and two others were badly injured.

Based on their wiki Black and Gass are longtime openly staunch liberals/Dem (including Biden) supporters and have been openly anti-Trump politically. There’s obviously nothing wrong with that and of course that isn’t anything unusual.

But what’s quite interesting about that and the reason I’m posting this is that although Black didn’t initially criticize Gass, he apparently had a change of heart after reflection and shockingly posted on Instagram this morning that he’s not continuing the tour:

IMG_9943.png

Also, Gass apologized on Instagram saying it was a "severe lack of judgement".
He wrote: "The line I improvised onstage Sunday night in Sydney was highly inappropriate, dangerous and a terrible mistake.”
"I don’t condone violence of any kind, in any form, against anyone. What happened was a tragedy, and I’m incredibly sorry for my severe lack of judgement. I profoundly apologise to those I’ve let down and truly regret any pain I’ve caused."

This illustrates well that there’s always the opportunity for a person to learn from mistakes and to change for the better. I hope they’re being sincere. I fully believe in accepting sincere apologies and rooting for people to improve as human beings as we’re all quite imperfect.

And related to this, I’m hoping Trump’s speech Thu will signal a sincere change toward encouraging unity of both/all sides (not just among Republicans). I’d really love to see it. Could his near death experience have changed him?

Attachments

• IMG_9943.png
    IMG_9943.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The only reason this lady heads this agency is solely because of Jill Biden. Another story for another time, they have a history.

But heres her statement. Safety/slope of roof? Really,what are they worried about,OSHA?

1721147730972.png

Maybe that is what has turned me off so much. If dialogue was more respectable I'd be more willing to engage. When I was at Georgia Tech decades ago I had a class with the heads of the GT Republicans and Democrats. They both fit the bill too. The GOP guy was always in a suit and the Democrat was always as hippie as could be. It was a public policy class so they would always banter and take funny shots at each other. They were also good friends and would hang out and put their views aside. I miss that.
Still lots of us out there. I’ve made comments before about growing up in rural SC as a non Baptist and still have lots of friends in that religion. We have great political conversations all the time but don’t delve into religion beyond curiosities.

Back