• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Law enforcement in this country is a joke. Not always at a micro level but in a macro sense a joke. Police training post 9/11 was heavily weighted towards a Muslim terrorist threat that never came. De-escalation training was replaced with escalation dominance training. On and on and on.

And now we have police all over the country in so many cases failing to fulfill their duties. It’s a wonder why public trust in police is at an all time low.
Do you ever watch detective athornton on YouTube?

Law enforcement in this country is a joke. Not always at a micro level but in a macro sense a joke. Police training post 9/11 was heavily weighted towards a Muslim terrorist threat that never came. De-escalation training was replaced with escalation dominance training. On and on and on.

And now we have police all over the country in so many cases failing to fulfill their duties. It’s a wonder why public trust in police is at an all time low.
Let's be clear about why law enforcement is a "joke". It has everything to do with soft laws, weak policies, DEI hirings and bowing the knee to every leftist group that cries foul everytine an officer has to use force.

Let's be clear about why law enforcement is a "joke". It has everything to do with soft laws, weak policies, DEI hirings and bowing the knee to every leftist group that cries foul everytine an officer has to use force.
Abusive power is why it's a joke there's no lack of cell phone footage of officers going against the Constitution breaking laws harassing people being aggressive for no reason there's no trust because people see now what people used to complain about is true

I’m curious how you reconcile the opinion of “soft laws” and “weak policies” with the hard fact we (American) incarcerate more people than any other nation on earth by quantity and percentage of population? A full 1% of our adult population is currently incarcerated.

I'm a Trump supporter and this is huge, however, I'm not a fan of an individual being able to donate this much to a campaign. I know it's through a super PAC and not directly to Trump campaign but it will serve the purpose. The elites have too much power, regardless what side of the aisle they are on, this is never a good thing imho
Yeah I get what you are saying but at this point I think it's just leveling the playing field. Can't all be on the left. The elitist type. Soros, corporations and probably even foreign. We are seeing some of the big money guys rethinking their positions and I hope thinking of our country and its future. For all of us normal folks. The pawns. Red and Blue. All of us. Maybe we will get some normalcy and real prosperity at some point.

I think the general consensus after a night of reflection is Vance does nothing to broaden the base. He appeals to ultra maga and brings no votes to the ticket. Trump went from 100% winning to 50/50.

On to other things, the Secret Service is at best seriously incompetent.

I think the general consensus after a night of reflection is Vance does nothing to broaden the base. He appeals to ultra maga and brings no votes to the ticket. Trump went from 100% winning to 50/50.

Again, Vance does not help or harm Trump in any way. If you are liberal, you are not voting for Joe Biden because he has Kamala Harris. You are more than likely voting against Donald Trump. If you are conservative, you are not voting for Donald Trump now because he picked Vance. You are voting for Donald Trump and against Democratic policies. If you are a true independent, you are still choosing between Trump and Biden. You may look at each VP, but at the end of the day, if you are truly torn, you are focusing on the top of the ticket plain and simple. I still feel that Trumps speech on Thursday and the tone he sets moving forward is much more crucial to his chances of getting elected than picking JD Vance or any of the other possible candidates. His odds are still greater than 50/50 as of today.

100% agree on the Secret Service. This was a massive failure.

I’d say Trump is still the going favorite as long as Biden stays in the race. Remember that Republicans are a minority as a whole in the country, but in a presidential election the Democratic candidate needs to be 4 or so percentage points ahead in popular vote to offset the Electiral College currently weighted toward Republicans. If Biden only wins the PV by 3% he isn’t getting 270 electoral votes.

Abusive power is why it's a joke there's no lack of cell phone footage of officers going against the Constitution breaking laws harassing people being aggressive for no reason there's no trust because people see now what people used to complain about is true
Footage that is misappropriated by the left, as usual, to make it seem like this is the MO of the overwhelming majority of law enforcement officers. Out of that emanates brilliant ideas like defund the police, hire non-qualified personnel based on skin color, sexual orientation, etc., and negative political campaigns against the police. And society is paying a steep price for it.

Surely, there can be a way to deal with and weed out the bad apples, while maintaining sane law enforcement levels and policies and not demonizing the whole apparatus.

I’m curious how you reconcile the opinion of “soft laws” and “weak policies” with the hard fact we (American) incarcerate more people than any other nation on earth by quantity and percentage of population? A full 1% of our adult population is currently incarcerated.
Our laws are not necessarily soft, but our punishment is. The real problem we have is probably more than fifty percent of our population is living in a way that should be unlawful. From men not being dads to their kids, moms trying to be dads, to kids who grow up not respecting others because they have no respectable role model in their house. Then there is the American school system that perpetuates the disrespect of others by promoting the idea of self esteem rather than teaching them to realize their faults, and try to improve themselves. We live in a society of takers not givers. People blindly follow wherever the free food is. Most people think the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth. We are full of blind guides! I share in this as well, because I've turned my head and let things go, so I could have my piece if the pie. We have gotten off the foundation that made us great. It's not republicans, democrats. libertarians, presidents, senators , or any politician or political party. It is the Truth of God!! Every kingdom not built on that will fall with a great crash!!

Our laws are not necessarily soft, but our punishment is. The real problem we have is probably more than fifty percent of our population is living in a way that should be unlawful. From men not being dads to their kids, moms trying to be dads, to kids who grow up not respecting others because they have no respectable role model in their house. Then there is the American school system that perpetuates the disrespect of others by promoting the idea of self esteem rather than teaching them to realize their faults, and try to improve themselves. We live in a society of takers not givers. People blindly follow wherever the free food is. Most people think the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth. We are full of blind guides! I share in this as well, because I've turned my head and let things go, so I could have my piece if the pie. We have gotten off the foundation that made us great. It's not republicans, democrats. libertarians, presidents, senators , or any politician or political party. It is the Truth of God!! Every kingdom not built on that will fall with a great crash!!
Those criticisms of our society are all valid, but what you’re asking for is to legislate morality. That can’t be done. If you want to accomplish those goals, you should advocate for policies to remedy those problems.

The people you run across that think police are really an issue couldn't and wouldn't do that job to start with BUT they seem to have all the answers because they know so much about the job from the internet. I appreciate your willingness to roger up!

Those criticisms of our society are all valid, but what you’re asking for is to legislate morality. That can’t be done. If you want to accomplish those goals, you should advocate for policies to remedy those problems.
My friend, all law is a reflection and legislation of morality. That what law does is enforce the morality of the people who make them. From murder to running a stop sign, it is all about informing and enforcing a peoples moral code.

More musings about Vance: I’m still of the thought he was a poor choice. To some degree I think Trump believes evangelicals will vote for him no matter what, and to an extent he’s correct. HOWEVER, there’s still an anti-Catholic bias among large swaths of southern baptists. With the abortion “issue” being settled I do wonder if turnout may drop in places like Georgia and NC. It does not help that the GOP nominee in NC can’t seem to stop making offensive remarks.

From a policy perspective what’s out there on him is mixed. He seems to favor reviving rural America but has a history of working with venture capital in California and had his Senate campaign financed by Peter Thiel. Ds are going to have a field day with this because as many of us have seen or lived venture (or vulture) capital is a big reason so many manufacturing jobs have been lost in small town and cities over the past 3 decades. He has further taken the position of currency devaluation (aka weak dollar policy) as a method to bring manufacturing back. This idea and the constant discussion of tariffs are effectively a handout to the billionaire class and a massive inflation and tax increase on lower and middle class Americans.

I say all this about Vance because HE will be the one advocating for and discussing these policies in public. It’s traditional for VP debates to be policy driven and I mean this as no offense against Trump supporters, he has not and I believe cannot articulate any public policy theories beyond tariffs on China since 2016.
In NC the evangelical vote will be at all time high solely because of Mark Robinson. Who I beleive will become the first African American Govenor in NC history. Representing the party of Lincoln proudly.
NC is already heavily Red with veto proof majorities in both house and senate,plus a nice majority on the state Supreme Court. We just need our lt Govenor to become Govenor in about 80 days

Last edited:
Footage that is misappropriated by the left, as usual, to make it seem like this is the MO of the overwhelming majority of law enforcement officers. Out of that emanates brilliant ideas like defund the police, hire non-qualified personnel based on skin color, sexual orientation, etc., and negative political campaigns against the police. And society is paying a steep price for it.

Surely, there can be a way to deal with and weed out the bad apples, while maintaining sane law enforcement levels and policies and not demonizing the whole apparatus.
The thin blue line is what demonizes the whole apparatus.

Posting info off soc media in regards to Saturdays attempted assassination , for discussional purposes. No one is stating this is verified , true,false. We should find out over next week or two officially one would think.

1721140236577.png

My friend, all law is a reflection and legislation of morality. That what law does is enforce the morality of the people who make them. From murder to running a stop sign, it is all about informing and enforcing a peoples moral code.
The discussion is of public and administrative policy, not penal code.

In NC the evangelical vote will be at all time high solely because of Mark Robinson. Who I beleive will become the first African American Govenor in NC history. Representing the party of Lincoln proudly.
NC is already heavily Red with veto proof majorities in both house and senate,plus a nice majority on the state Supreme Court. We just need our lt Govenor to become Govenor in about 80 days
I’ll take your word for it and be careful not to dip into racial politics. Evangelical/Baptist politics have always fascinated me looking from the outside in because on the surface I rarely if ever see a black person involved with that group.

Back