• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I'll give you an easier one to start. How can you defend this plan? Especially as a moderator on a weather website:
"The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories."
One, that's not going to happen and two, federal government is bloated anyway. Time to make some serious cuts if you ever want to get serious about the out of control debt crisis. And if we're honest some segments of agencies, even NOAA, under federal Gov't control are starting to push biases. I mean let's take NASA for example, it's actually in shambles, privatized space travel has created new technologies and expanding possibilities of future space travel. State run or privatization isn't always bad. Govt will ruin whatever it touches majority of the time

I'll give you an easier one to start. How can you defend this plan? Especially as a moderator on a weather website:
"The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories."
The plan for this is awful. There is 1 flat out lie too about forecast accuracy. AccuWeather cares about making money, and not so much about accuracy.

842 pages, sorry fell asleep on the rest of it. Fill me in, oh brilliant I know more anyone else, one.
ok old man, you sure you didnt fall asleep earlier ? Also what is the bold lol, I think you fell asleep typing that. I’ve slowly been reading it as well

One, that's not going to happen and two, federal government is bloated anyway. Time to make some serious cuts if you ever want to get serious about the out of control debt crisis. And if we're honest some segments of agencies, even NOAA, under federal Gov't control are starting to push biases. I mean let's take NASA for example, it's actually in shambles, privatized space travel has created new technologies and expanding possibilities of future space travel. State run or privatization isn't always bad. Govt will ruin whatever it touches majority of the time
Yeah, NASA is a mess, and parts of NOAA may be becoming biased, but as I understand it, we would have to pay for a LOT of things we get for free from the NWS including the warnings if they could even still issue them. A Senator from Pennsylvania wanted to do this about 10 years ago, but thankfully he is not in the Senate now.

The fact one of the groups pushing it basically says they will either implement it through peace or by blood should have been enough to stop anyone from supporting it or those groups
It would not be peaceful because even if Trump gets back in, the House is going to be taken back by the Democrats. Thus, no project 25.

One last thing. At least the Democrats can get the basic things done in a timely manner and stick together. Just look at all of the ridiculous stuff that went on 2 times when the Republicans had to pick a Speaker of the House. Someone tell me the last time this happened when the Democrats were in charge.

People were smarter then and didn't need to look up what it meant.
I’m well aware of what it meant, it’s just that my big brain automatically knew it was an old term and needed a chart to back me up. Now go to sleep old man! Don’t forget to take your teeth out.

Back