• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Of the more vocal here: You, Downeast, Shaggy, Ghost, and SNOWMANN aren’t right wing. Forsyth, Chris AMB, Birdman, Nerman, and FallsLake all seem pretty moderate. BullCity wx, crèce, GeorgiaGirl, and Steven1974 all seem either moderate or lib. I’m trying to figure Lick out but he seems to be independent. Snowlover/Dewpoint Dan/Carrollton is also tough to figure but he doesn’t seem real strong right wing..I’m guessing right of center Republican. The rest of the vocal folks appear to me to almost all be solid con/GOP. So, my guess is ~~2:1 ratio of con/GOP to moderate/lib/independent/Dem. That’s far from a right wing echo chamber imho.

The other place has always been rather close to a left wing echo chamber with a huge majority although there’s usually a decent con presence including severestorm from here. The libs there aren’t nearly as harmonious with each other as they used to be. There’s now a ton of infighting. I feel like that despite our big differences here that we get along better. Probably helped by more moderation.

If I left any vocal participant out who isn’t con/GOP, my apologies as it wasn’t intentional. Please correct me if that’s the case.

Speaking for myself only, I’m neither con nor lib. Neither Dem or Rep. I’m a proud right of center independent who mainly wants us all to get along better despite different opinions on the issues.

Edit: RDUHeat Island: I don’t think he’s a full con.
My political affiliation is the Flat Earth party.

Serious question here.......who do you guys think gets the last punch in this isreal and Iran situation. It's like yall are surprised when Iran gets punched that they want to punch back.

Lets be honest. Our economy sucks and our debt sucks.

What have we done historically to erase the debt? War.

So when whoever is president finally wakes up. Who will take the blame for the economy crashing? Corporate Greed? Orange man? Orange man tax cuts? Not enough immigrant investors? I'm genuinely curious what the excuse will be from the administration that does not seem to have any sort of a grasp on policy.

Of the more vocal here: You, Downeast, Shaggy, Ghost, and SNOWMANN aren’t right wing. Forsyth, Chris AMB, Birdman, Nerman, and FallsLake all seem pretty moderate. BullCity wx, crèce, GeorgiaGirl, and Steven1974 all seem either moderate or lib. I’m trying to figure Lick out but he seems to be independent. Snowlover/Dewpoint Dan/Carrollton is also tough to figure but he doesn’t seem real strong right wing..I’m guessing right of center Republican. The rest of the vocal folks appear to me to almost all be solid con/GOP. So, my guess is ~~2:1 ratio of con/GOP to moderate/lib/independent/Dem. That’s far from a right wing echo chamber imho.

The other place has always been rather close to a left wing echo chamber with a huge majority although there’s usually a decent con presence including severestorm from here. The libs there aren’t nearly as harmonious with each other as they used to be. There’s now a ton of infighting. I feel like that despite our big differences here that we get along better. Probably helped by more moderation.

If I left any vocal participant out who isn’t con/GOP, my apologies as it wasn’t intentional. Please correct me if that’s the case.

Speaking for myself only, I’m neither con nor lib. Neither Dem or Rep. I’m a proud right of center independent who mainly wants us all to get along better despite different opinions on the issues.

Edit: RDUHeat Island: I don’t think he’s a full con.
For what it’s worth I’ve been a Democrat since 2008. Worked a couple of campaigns in the 2010s.

So when whoever is president finally wakes up. Who will take the blame for the economy crashing? Corporate Greed? Orange man? Orange man tax cuts? Not enough immigrant investors? I'm genuinely curious what the excuse will be from the administration that does not seem to have any sort of a grasp on policy.
Care to define a single metric of the economy that’s “crashing?” No, the stock market is not the economy.

Back