• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

This place is a right wing circle jerk of misery. Wahhh if Trump doesn’t win the country is over. Wahhhh.

Keep it up boys.

Its actually pretty comical, I'm not sure what you're reading.

I'm sure there is an actual circle jerk for you over at the democratic underground though.

Its actually pretty comical, I'm not sure what you're reading.

I'm sure there is an actual circle jerk for you over at the democratic underground though.
It's not that terrible, but there is a larger skew to the right in here. There are definitely a lot more juvenile comments from those on the right though and doomsday comments that if you take a no-bias approach it starts to sound like the left did when Trump won in 2016. This juvenile mentality has got to go in our nation on both sides if we're to actually make our country better than it is now. It breeds non-cooperation and turns elections into a pissing contest.

It's not that terrible, but there is a larger skew to the right in here. There are definitely a lot more juvenile comments from those on the right though and doomsday comments that if you take a no-bias approach it starts to sound like the left did when Trump won in 2016. This juvenile mentality has got to go in our nation on both sides if we're to actually make our country better than it is now. It breeds non-cooperation and turns elections into a pissing contest.
I actually asked Buckeye to join the forum. She declined. Must be too scared for variety of opinion. PPL can always go back to the amwx safes pace.

This place is a right wing circle jerk of misery. Wahhh if Trump doesn’t win the country is over. Wahhhh.

Keep it up boys.

Of the more vocal here: You, Downeast, Shaggy, Ghost, and SNOWMANN aren’t right wing. Forsyth, Chris AMB, Birdman, Nerman, and FallsLake all seem pretty moderate. BullCity wx, crèce, GeorgiaGirl, and Steven1974 all seem either moderate or lib. I’m trying to figure Lick out but he seems to be independent. Snowlover/Dewpoint Dan/Carrollton is also tough to figure but he doesn’t seem real strong right wing..I’m guessing right of center Republican. The rest of the vocal folks appear to me to almost all be solid con/GOP. So, my guess is ~~2:1 ratio of con/GOP to moderate/lib/independent/Dem. That’s far from a right wing echo chamber imho.

The other place has always been rather close to a left wing echo chamber with a huge majority although there’s usually a decent con presence including severestorm from here. The libs there aren’t nearly as harmonious with each other as they used to be. There’s now a ton of infighting. I feel like that despite our big differences here that we get along better. Probably helped by more moderation.

If I left any vocal participant out who isn’t con/GOP, my apologies as it wasn’t intentional. Please correct me if that’s the case.

Speaking for myself only, I’m neither con nor lib. Neither Dem or Rep. I’m a proud right of center independent who mainly wants us all to get along better despite different opinions on the issues.

Edit: RDUHeat Island: I don’t think he’s a full con.

Last edited:
Of the more vocal here: You, Downeast, Shaggy, Ghost, and SNOWMANN aren’t right wing. Forsyth, Chris AMB, Nerman, and FallsLake all seem pretty moderate. BullCity wx, crèce, GeorgiaGirl, and Steven1974 all seem either moderate or lib. I’m trying to figure Lick out but he seems to be independent. Snowlover/Dewpoint Dan/Carrollton is also tough to figure but he doesn’t seem real strong right wing..I’m guessing right of center Republican. The rest of the vocal folks appear to me to almost all be solid con/GOP. So, my guess is ~~2:1 ratio of con/GOP to moderate/lib/independent/Dem. That’s far from a right wing echo chamber imho.

The other place has always been rather close to a left wing echo chamber with a huge majority although there’s usually a decent con presence including severestorm from here. The libs there aren’t nearly as harmonious with each other as they used to be. There’s now a ton of infighting. I feel like that despite our big differences here that we get along better. Probably helped by more moderation.

If I left any vocal participant out who isn’t con/GOP, my apologies as it wasn’t intentional. Please correct me if that’s the case.

Speaking for myself only, I’m neither con nor lib. Neither Dem or Rep. I’m a proud right of center independent who mainly wants us all to get along better despite different opinions on the issues.
I have voted both democrat and republican in the past. I voted for Bush twice and Obama once. But I haven’t voted since 2012. By the way today is Obamas 63rd birthday.

Try posting anything centrist or right wing on either democrat underground or Reddit and see what happens. You will be permanently banned. At least here you can post both sides of the argument and as long as it isn’t directly vile or harmful, it will remain. That is the difference.

I have voted both democrat and republican in the past. I voted for Bush twice and Obama once. But I haven’t voted since 2012. By the way today is Obamas 63rd birthday.

I have only voted for a Presidential candidate actually on the ballot once which was 2012 for Romney(which I felt dumb doing). I voted for a rock in 2016 and I can’t remember what goofy thing I wrote in during 2020.

With this forum I feel like if we were all in a room we’d all get along even with this thread. Sure there is petty shots and name calling but I think most leave it in here.

Honestly, there is a lot of playing devil’s advocate that goes on in here, sometimes to the extent of making dumb arguments; but it is what it is.

Back