• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

I don’t agree, especially due to the Holocaust, because then they wouldn’t have a safe haven to go to if necessary. Doesn’t it have to be a large majority Jewish to insure that? Thus, I think a two state solution would be the best for all rather than one state but without Hamas or the equivalent leading the Palestinian state. It doesn’t make sense to have a Palestinian state being lead by an organization that wants Israel destroyed.
So why do I have to give up land that is Palestinian? Israel is a colonial project, they came in, colonized, and conquered. If anyone owes them land for a state it’s the Germans . So do you think Christian’s also deserve an ethnostate?

If you got a rebate from Duke energy that should have told you all you need to know.

I’m not against EVs, gas, hydrogen or whatever, but just to point out the obvious; when big oil is gone, big electric will still shaft you in its place.
Why a more competitive world should exist. Bring on more travel competition like rail and multiple types of cars for different needs and you'll get a real market that isn't full of the same copy pasted idea. You won't get a monopolized type of transportation or car then.

I don’t agree, especially due to the Holocaust, because then they wouldn’t have a safe haven to go to if necessary. Doesn’t it have to be a large majority Jewish to insure that? Thus, I think a two state solution would be the best for all rather than one state but without Hamas or the equivalent leading the Palestinian state. It doesn’t make sense to have a Palestinian state being lead by an organization that wants Israel destroyed.
100% and it's as simple as that. Israel isn't leaving and nobody is going to force them to leave. If Palestinians want to live amongst Jews they better find a way to break the news to Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and the rest of the Jewish hating world that have only one goal, to exterminate Israel off the face of the earth. I hate it for palestinians but they missed their opportunity for real peace a long time ago

100% and it's as simple as that. Israel isn't leaving and nobody is going to force them to leave. If Palestinians want to live amongst Jews they better find a way to break the news to Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and the rest of the Jewish hating world that have only one goal, to exterminate Israel off the face of the earth. I hate it for palestinians but they missed their opportunity for real peace a long time ago
I think a 2 state solution is possible without Bibi. I will agree what he is doing in Gaza is Genocide. And that's not helping anyone. Hamas needs to be replaced with some other organization of the Arab Leagues choosing. Bibi needs to be replaced with a more moderate. I think only then peace and a concrete 2 state solution will exist. There has to be a happy ground somewhere.

So why do I have to give up land that is Palestinian? Israel is a colonial project, they came in, colonized, and conquered. If anyone owes them land for a state it’s the Germans . So do you think Christian’s also deserve an ethnostate?

1. Wasn’t a two state solution the original plan that the Arabs weren’t satisfied with?

2. The idea is one safe haven country for Jews due to there not being many of them in the world and so many of them having been killed due to hatred. Christians far outnumber Jews in the world. So, is there even a need for the creation of a new Christian safe haven? Lots of countries are already naturally safe havens for Christians due to high numbers including right here in the US.

Do you mean a Christian safe haven in the Middle East? Maybe. So, a 3 state solution? I’ve never heard that being proposed.

I think a 2 state solution is possible without Bibi. I will agree what he is doing in Gaza is Genocide. And that's not helping anyone. Hamas needs to be replaced with some other organization of the Arab Leagues choosing. Bibi needs to be replaced with a more moderate. I think only then peace and a concrete 2 state solution will exist. There has to be a happy ground somewhere.
So where exactly are you going to put each group when they both want the same backyard? Israel isn't leaving so where are the palestinians going? The arabs in surrounding states don't want them so where is their State?

More combat Aircraft being sent to the middle east in the addition to the 12 warships. wtf. where is the congressional approval. Is the Iranian response going to be bigger than announced? @Sandbar you have any info?

1. Wasn’t a two state solution the original plan that the Arabs weren’t satisfied with?

2. The idea is one safe haven country for Jews due to there not being many of them in the world and so many of them having been killed due to hatred. Christians far outnumber Jews in the world. So, is there even a need for the creation of a new Christian safe haven? Lots of countries are already naturally safe havens for Christians due to high numbers including right here in the US.

Do you mean a Christian safe haven in the Middle East? Maybe. So, a 3 state solution? I’ve never heard that being proposed.
Why would the Arabs be satisfied with a two state solution? Why would a Palestinian be satisfied with that? Why would any one willingly give up any part of their land for a group of people coming from other parts of the world? Why and who gave you the right to determine that the necessary Jewish state had to be in the Middle East?

So where exactly are you going to put each group when they both want the same backyard? Israel isn't leaving so where are the palestinians going? The arabs in surrounding states don't want them so where is their State?
you got a good point there

Why would the Arabs be satisfied with a two state solution? Why would a Palestinian be satisfied with that? Why would any one willingly give up any part of their land for a group of people coming from other parts of the world? Why and who gave you the right to determine that the necessary Jewish state had to be in the Middle East?
Would the Arab's be satisfied with a return to the 1947 borders? Then Israel return the taken land and Hezbollah returns north of the litani river?

1722626180993.png

That's great for metro people who can afford one. People enjoy having choices and don't tend to enjoy having something forced on them
EV's are getting more and more affordable every year. Innovation and competition drives down prices. You can get a new Tesla Model 3 for 30k after tax credits, which is the same as a Toyota Camry. Plus you have long-term savings in cost of ownership. EV's aren't just for rich people. They are already rolling back the EV% target and I expect them to continue. It won't matter in the long run anyways as people realize that EVs are the more economical choice.

I won't step foot in a EV. One spark in the battery, you're dead. i think condo's and some apartments are banning EV's in their parking garages.
The notion that EVs easily catch fire is a myth. 25.1 fires per 100,000 for EVs compared to 1,529 per 100,000 for ICE.

More combat Aircraft being sent to the middle east in the addition to the 12 warships. wtf. where is the congressional approval. Is the Iranian response going to be bigger than announced? @Sandbar you have any info?
I wish I could answer this question but I honestly can't. Buckle up because the next 2 years are going to be interesting. Trust me when I say the eyes of the world are peeled to our elections. I mentioned in one of the other threads that something big would happen worldwide in the next couple years that could change life as we know it. Doesn't mean it's catastrophic but the state of the planet isn't good. The anger and hate just can not continue at this level

EV's are getting more and more affordable every year. Innovation and competition drives down prices. You can get a new Tesla Model 3 for 30k after tax credits, which is the same as a Toyota Camry. Plus you have long-term savings in cost of ownership. EV's aren't just for rich people. They are already rolling back the EV% target and I expect them to continue. It won't matter in the long run anyways as people realize that EVs are the more economical choice.
EV decrease in efficiency the minute you begin driving one. It’s inefficient. The range on a full charge decreases every time you drive it . My ICE vehicle does not see that. A full tank of gas gets me the same mileage it did 100k miles ago.

He doesn't have the intellect or vocabulary to articulate a stance on the issues... it's easier to hurl juvenile insults with his 13 yr old boy brain and the majority of the MAGA crowd eats it up because they can relate to insults but not articulate discourse
Triggered

Would the Arab's be satisfied with a return to the 1947 borders? Then Israel return the taken land and Hezbollah returns north of the litani river?

View attachment 149199
I think the Palestinians would be more willing to accept that. I don’t see the Israelis accepting it though. Much of that area they have encroached into and many of those settlers in the west bank are the most extreme of the Israeli populations… those are the ones who believe all non Jews are goyim servants and that Israel should extend from the Nile to the Euphrates

EV decrease in efficiency the minute you begin driving one. It’s inefficient. The range on a full charge decreases every time you drive it . My ICE vehicle does not see that. A full tank of gas gets me the same mileage it did 100k miles ago.
At 100k an EV's battery might degrade at most 10% but the lack of moving parts means far less maintenance. For ICEs at 100k you usually need to start replacing parts plus recurrent oil changes. Both cars have lifespans and get worse the older they are. If you really need to, you can replace the battery and some manufacturers offer cars with swappable batteries so you don't experience degradation at all.

Back