• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

The problem is that you and others keep minimizing Trumpā€™s negativity as ā€œoccasional jabsā€, meanie Tweets, etc. He can still be strong on illegal immigration/cities being destroyed, which I agree has been a problem under Biden, and other issues without being so darn inflammatory. Follow the Reagan model of leadership instead. RR was a very strong leader without being so intentionally divisive. He treated Americans with different views as strong opposition but not as enemies.
He doesn't have the intellect or vocabulary to articulate a stance on the issues... it's easier to hurl juvenile insults with his 13 yr old boy brain and the majority of the MAGA crowd eats it up because they can relate to insults but not articulate discourse

He doesn't have the intellect or vocabulary to articulate a stance on the issues... it's easier to hurl juvenile insults with his 13 yr old boy brain and the majority of the MAGA crowd eats it up because they can relate to insults but not articulate discourse
Same with people who have a stigma against true innovation, but they'd rather stay stuck in the same world and same exact technology for the rest of their lives as companies push hard to "innovate" the price and decrease quality with planned obsolescence. Car and phone tech is copy paste now yet people think there's one bad alternative. There hasn't been real tech innovation in a good decade or so in both industries and I wonder if political brain rot contributes.

Same with people who have a stigma against true innovation, but they'd rather stay stuck in the same world and same exact technology for the rest of their lives as companies push hard to "innovate" the price and decrease quality with planned obsolescence. Car and phone tech is copy paste now yet people think there's one bad alternative. There hasn't been real tech innovation in a good decade or so in both industries and I wonder if political brain rot contributes.
I think Nuclear Fusion is a viable alternative, but won't be commercially available for some time.

Anyone considering voting for Kennedy? He's kind of a nut (most politicians are) but I checked out his website and video. He actually addresses many issues and how he would approach them and was really impressed with this video. Havenā€™t seen this intellect.. articulation.. transparency.. sense of responsibility.. and recognition of the Creator from the 2 more popular candidates as of yet. Well worth watching...

I think Nuclear Fusion is a viable alternative, but won't be commercially available for some time.
Fusion would be great to power the grid on but we need an alternative for cars that isn't plugging in. Something like hydrogen could be more promising since refuel times would be like gas and range too, but emissions would be nonexistent. Production can be shifted into a cleaner method too with electrolysis, which would likely end up being far better than drilling and shipping oil all through its process. It doesn't have to even be hydrogen, just something in the category of it.

Fusion would be great to power the grid on but we need an alternative for cars that isn't plugging in. Something like hydrogen could be more promising since refuel times would be like gas and range too, but emissions would be nonexistent. Production can be shifted into a cleaner method too with electrolysis, which would likely end up being far better than drilling and shipping oil all through its process. It doesn't have to even be hydrogen, just something in the category of it.
Maybe a combo of something is the sweet spot as you mentioned. But for right now, oil is the bridge to that. I am confident more alternatives will become available. Remember we are only a stage 0 civilization. We won't reach stage 1 for awhile, not in our lifetimes.

Regarding American/Israeli Jewsā€™ opinions about Israelā€™s war policy, I assume you realize thereā€™s been wide variation/theyā€™ve been far from monolithic. For example, consider the large number of peaceful Jewish protestors in D.C. when Netanyahu was there. Thereā€™s also been massive amounts of protesting by Jews in Tel Aviv.

The strongest Netanyahu supporting Israeli and American Jews have tended to be cons. But there are many more lib than con Jews in the US, which has meant lots of strong Bibi opposition like from Bernie. The pressure on Netanyahu from far right parties in his coalition has lead to him being extremely aggressive.

Are you in favor of the existence of a Jewish state as a safe haven for Jews? Donā€™t forget that >20% of Israelis are Arabs and that they live peacefully with their Jewish neighbors.
No, Iā€™m not in favor of a Jewish state. Iā€™m not in favor of an ethnostate. No democracy loving individual should be. Keep in mind, that 1/2 of Israelis arent middle easterners anyways. With that being said, colonists or not I wouldnā€™t advocate for them being forced out either, just a new state for all. Iā€™m very aware of peace loving Jews, brother Iā€™m not ignorant Iā€™ve been in protests and Iā€™ve met Jews before .

I got a $7500 tax credit and a $1000 rebate from Duke Energy when I bought my EV. Costs me around $5 for 300 miles of range if I charge at home while I sleep or I can charge for free at work. No more waiting half an hour in line at Costco and no need to check gas prices. Half the new cars I see in RTP these days are EV.

This isn't 2018 anymore. In 2024, EVs are great and make sense for most people.

The damage has already been done but I'm sure people who are now tens of thousands of dollars in debt are happy to hear that 3.50 gas is "flat" aweful. I'm sure these same people who have been told "it's getting better" for 3+ years are happy as a lark to hear it one more time. Perhaps all these tent cities I see all over America are just an illusion. Their lives are obviously much better than before Bidenomics. Inflation is an illusion, the open border is just an illusion, the drug epidemic, crime rates, global conflicts, all just a figment of people's imagination. What could or should have been done is great to talk about but it's not reality. Reality is we have a business man facing off against a progressive, radical activist who obviously knows nothing about people's "real problems"
His gas might have been flat since 2015 but I paid 1.68 per gallon here in 2019.

No, Iā€™m not in favor of a Jewish state. Iā€™m not in favor of an ethnostate. No democracy loving individual should be. Keep in mind, that 1/2 of Israelis arent middle easterners anyways. With that being said, colonists or not I wouldnā€™t advocate for them being forced out either, just a new state for all. Iā€™m very aware of peace loving Jews, brother Iā€™m not ignorant Iā€™ve been in protests and Iā€™ve met Jews before .

I donā€™t agree, especially due to the Holocaust, because then they wouldnā€™t have a safe haven to go to if necessary. Doesnā€™t it have to be a large majority Jewish to insure that? Thus, I think a two state solution would be the best for all rather than one state but without Hamas or the equivalent leading the Palestinian state. It doesnā€™t make sense to have a Palestinian state being lead by an organization that wants Israel destroyed.

I got a $7500 tax credit and a $1000 rebate from Duke Energy when I bought my EV. Costs me around $5 for 300 miles of range if I charge at home while I sleep or I can charge for free at work. No more waiting half an hour in line at Costco and no need to check gas prices. Half the new cars I see in RTP these days are EV.

That's great for metro people who can afford one. People enjoy having choices and don't tend to enjoy having something forced on them

If you got a rebate from Duke energy that should have told you all you need to know.

Iā€™m not against EVs, gas, hydrogen or whatever, but just to point out the obvious; when big oil is gone, big electric will still shaft you in its place.

Back