• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread: The Sequel

Anyone want to talk about the recession we are in and the real numbers surrounding our economy? It wasn't that long ago that this country voted based on their families financial well being. But the media has clouded everything. Will people just be homeless and still vote based on abortion or trans rights? That's the part that makes me lose hope at times. That people are so blinded by some shiny object that they forget what actually matters. It separates the free and independent thinkers, from sheep. Humans aren't animals, when you feel someone trying to herd you it's in many of our nature to push back. If I was running for president that would be my message. How hard is it to fill up your car? How hard is it to pay for those groceries, especially the healthier ones your family needs not the wood chips they want us to eat?
By the time this is over those shiny objects will mean nothing. Don't lose hope. 👍

Anyone want to talk about the recession we are in and the real numbers surrounding our economy? It wasn't that long ago that this country voted based on their families financial well being. But the media has clouded everything. Will people just be homeless and still vote based on abortion or trans rights? That's the part that makes me lose hope at times. That people are so blinded by some shiny object that they forget what actually matters. It separates the free and independent thinkers, from sheep. Humans aren't animals, when you feel someone trying to herd you it's in many of our nature to push back. If I was running for president that would be my message. How hard is it to fill up your car? How hard is it to pay for those groceries, especially the healthier ones your family needs not the wood chips they want us to eat?
I think it's evident that social issues are pushed when the economy is doing well, which is what got Joe in place given the Republican stance on social issues. Now that the economy is crumbling it's more likely Trump will win based on it. People don't want someone who's only history is in a state with the most chaotic economy in the nation. As long as he doesn't choose billionaire CEOs as his cabinet and keeps the lunatics out of his administration he'd easily win. Vance is a deterrent from people he needs to attract though and that will hurt him, so he better get him under control so his platform doesn't sound so unappealing to vote for.

I think it's evident that social issues are pushed when the economy is doing well, which is what got Joe in place given the Republican stance on social issues. Now that the economy is crumbling it's more likely Trump will win based on it. People don't want someone who's only history is in a state with the most chaotic economy in the nation. As long as he doesn't choose billionaire CEOs as his cabinet and keeps the lunatics out of his administration he'd easily win. Vance is a deterrent from people he needs to attract though and that will hurt him, so he better get him under control so his platform doesn't sound so unappealing to vote for.
How many days before the ballots of mailed out? Powell and/or congress is going to have to do something to stimulate job creation. I agree the GOP now has a opening to pivot towards the economy which effects everyone directly, more than the social issues. Kamala granting asylum to the millions of illegals will only push the unemployment number far higher. This is the end of the good old days.

How many days before the ballots of mailed out? Powell and/or congress is going to have to do something to stimulate job creation. I agree the GOP now has a opening to pivot towards the economy which effects everyone directly, more than the social issues. Kamala granting asylum to the millions of illegals will only push the unemployment number far higher. This is the end of the good old days.
We’ve got to stop illegals, and we need to vet each individual that comes across the border. Can’t do that with the mass transit of illegals orchestrated by the Democrat party

The problem is that you and others keep minimizing Trump’s negativity as “occasional jabs”, meanie Tweets, etc. He can still be strong on illegal immigration/cities being destroyed, which I agree has been a problem under Biden, and other issues without being so darn inflammatory. Follow the Reagan model of leadership instead. RR was a very strong leader without being so intentionally divisive. He treated Americans with different views as strong opposition but not as enemies.
I don't thing anyone will argue with you about how his messaging could be better. But we live in the real world, and sometimes it just comes down to what actually IS. He is who he is and the left is who they are. You have 2 choices. In the end, it comes down to which matters more: occasional meanie tweets or the continued full on destruction of America. That's it. That's why I asked which you prefer.

We’ve got to stop illegals, and we need to vet each individual that comes across the border. Can’t do that with the mass transit of illegals orchestrated by the Democrat party
its to late when talking about stopping illegals.. there is no way around this fact ppl stood idle for far to long they wrote books on this and talked for years on their plan yet everyone stood silent.
we could stop immigration right now and never add to that population and its still would be over

Last edited:
its to late when talking about stopping illegals.. there is no way around this fact ppl stood idle for far to long they wrote books on this and talked for years on their plan yet everyone stood silent.
The sad thing is they take all the entry level jobs. My partner worked at Wendys where they hired illegals. It wasn't until Trump implemented EVerify, that stopped.

The sad thing is they take all the entry level jobs. My partner worked at Wendys where they hired illegals. It wasn't until Trump implemented EVerify, that stopped.
the thing that really gets me is ..they say they are pursuing better opportunities here, however they don't really bother to adjust to this culture.. how can one flee to a better place get there and do the same habits and expect the new land to not turn into their homeland?

I and I assume a growing number of Dems don’t drive gas cars. I can’t relate to gas prices. President has no control. Groceries have come down since I stopped supporting Publix. President can’t help if they want record profits. Trump didn’t drain the swamp he only made it worse. See his weird VP pick. Like a weird dog. A weird dog humping his leg..or should I say couch? wtf

It's important to you know understand the importance of diplomacy in the context of working together to create a strong you know leader who you know has an understanding of diplomacy, understanding that we you know need to be vigilant of the importance of diplomacy unburdened by what has been you know by diplomacy = It's important to have a strong leader who understands the importance of diplomacy. Lol ok
There you go, you got it! I know listening and reading is difficult for some people, but I expect you were just attempting to make a point.

Freedom over one's own body is not "some shiny object." Surely you must understand that.

I and I assume a growing number of Dems don’t drive gas cars. I can’t relate to gas prices. President has no control. Groceries have come down since I stopped supporting Publix. President can’t help if they want record profits. Trump didn’t drain the swamp he only made it worse. See his weird VP pick. Like a weird dog. A weird dog humping his leg..or should I say couch? wtf
do you live your own world?

Please feel free to discuss topics of a political al nature here. If you get your feelings hurt easily, can't control your emotions, have trouble maintaining general self-control, or can't refrain from insulting others, then this isn't the thread for you.

Hate speech, bigotry, racism, personal attacks, bullying, threats, and things of that nature will not be permitted. This thread will be moderated, and posters will be banned from it by not participating in appropriate and civil discourse.

With that said, have at it.

It really isn't that hard. (That's what she....nvm)

It’s just a rumor but Biden/Harris final act is $1,000 stimulus check. They are hoping Mike Johnson blocks it to blame the weirdos that are running.

Back